The online racing simulator
More and better Moderators
(66 posts, started )
The Live For Speed Forum needs more and better Moderators.

I'm not saying that the current moderators are not good, but they just don't do their job right, and use their personal opinions in the way they treath stuff.

This should not happen, moderators should look from the point of view from the buiseness, and should do whats best for the forum.
I know this myself since I've been a very active and respected moderator myself on www.gamevillage.nl for years. Sadly this forum has died out a bit.

Also the moderators these days aren't active enough anymore, and do not correctly react on reports.

There is also no active moderator at American day times. Maybe an active and political correct Canadian lfs forum user must be made moderator.

Also some more European with correct english, well behaviour over the last few years, should be made moderator.

Just my 20 cents.
Well lets say I was a Moderator, I would lock this thread. It's pretty insulting tbh, plus the fact that I would never believe that you could be a better one. You should be banned for your previous speedhacking (and/or whatever else). Be glad the Moderators are as nice and friendly as they are.

I don't see how the Mods do a bad job, even if they don't watch 24/7 they do clean things up when needed and as fast as possible. I'm pretty sure most agree with their actions overall as being correct. How do you know more than anyone else what is good for this forum?

They've said multiple times "just because you don't see the mods posting doesn't mean they are not there".

Also, how do you know what reports they have done wrong? How do you know all the reports in general?

Sounds like you reported something, didn't get the result you wanted, and now you are crying about it. That was only worth your 2 cents, not 20.
Quote from PMD9409 :
Sounds like you reported something, didn't get the result you wanted, and now you are crying about it. That was only worth your 2 cents, not 20.

Myself have indeed multiple times reported something over the past few years, some very insulting posts, not only pointed to me. Also friends of me report posts sometimes, and with these posts nothing happens, and nobody gets a reaction on their report.

A proper job as moderator is to handle EVERY report.
If you think the report is not good enough to something about what's been reported, and then you should respond that to the user which reported something.

I'm not trying to insult moderators, I'm just telling my opinion, and my improvement suggestion.
Quote from rockclan :Myself have indeed multiple times reported something over the past few years, some very insulting posts, not only pointed to me. Also friends of me report posts sometimes, and with these posts nothing happens, and nobody gets a reaction on their report.

A proper job as moderator is to handle EVERY report.
If you think the report is not good enough to something about what's been reported, and then you should respond that to the user which reported something.

I'm not trying to insult moderators, I'm just telling my opinion, and my improvement suggestion.

I'm only telling my opinion as well, and that is that this thread will not "improve" anything. If a report is not worthy of anything it simply should not be responded to unless it is somewhat borderline. If the person you reported does not get a warning or anything then you shouldn't need a reply to understand that the mods didn't see what you believe they should see.

So going by your standards they do a proper job, just not reply to every single person that reports and doesn't get what they want. Seems right IMO.
#5 - Lible
We don't need a forum like we were in North Korea.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from rockclan :I'm not saying that the current moderators are not good, but they just don't do their job right, and use their personal opinions in the way they treath stuff.

Any examples of the "poor" moderation your seeing?
Quote from rockclan :A proper job as moderator is to handle EVERY report.

Do you realistically think thats possible, from volunteers?
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
#7 - Lible
Quote from rockclan :If you think the report is not good enough to something about what's been reported, and then you should respond that to the user which reported something.

And what exactly would be the benefit of that?
#9 - AMB
Where can I apply to be a moderator?
i think the mods here do a good job. i've been banned from here and i'd say i deserved it. i've also had an infraction. again, i deserved it. the mods try to be fair all the time. if you report something and the mods don't think it was a reportable offense, then they will do nothing about the matter. that doesn't mean they have not looked at the report. it just means you need to pick better posts to report.
Quote from rockclan :political correct Canadian

i see what you did there.
This is a test of the management alert system.
Quote from rockclan :The Live For Speed Forum needs more and better Moderators.

I'm not saying that the current moderators are not good, but they just don't do their job right, and use their personal opinions in the way they treath stuff.

This should not happen, moderators should look from the point of view from the buiseness, and should do whats best for the forum.
I know this myself since I've been a very active and respected moderator myself on www.gamevillage.nl for years. Sadly this forum has died out a bit.

Even if what you are saying is true, (I wouldn't know since I don't spend much time here,) the way you presented this issue just comes off as being very conceited on your part. [sarcasm=9000+] I especially like the part where you brag about being a moderator on ONE FORUM for three years like that actually means something. Please continue bragging about how "respected" you are, and how much of a fantastic job you were doing over at gamevillage.nl, whilst belittling the moderators here with your enormously inflated ego.Surely, your head is not far enough up your ass as it is.[/sarcasm]

If the Moderators don't erase or censor this particular post, then you were right after all. These mods really aren't doing their job.
Quote from ATiRAGEPRO :
If the Moderators don't erase or censor this particular post, then you were right after all. These mods really aren't doing their job.

What would sensoring this do?

It is not feesable to PM people about their reports Manually. If there was an automatic system (eg, select action from a drop down list) then fine, no problem. but that would mean getting victor to install 3rd party mods to this forum which 1.) we don't really need and 2.) would waste his time.

now, if you are basing your post off of the last 2 weeks then thats not particuarly fair, I've had my own issues to sort out and the other mods also have a busy life.

[edit by SamH:] I've had technical issues for a few weeks now, too, but hopefully now fixed.

Now, to moderate this thread by moving it to the correct section... This is not a "suggestions on how to improve the LFS simulation" which is what the improvement suggestion is for.

This is... "OFF TOPIC"
Well. Let's just make me a mod for a day. These forums will be cleaner than Monica lewinskys face after Bill finished.
I would apply for moderator too lol. Been banned only once (with my previious/first demo account - click here).
Be careful what you wish for.
#17 - 5haz
What the forum really needs is less idiots.
Quote from 5haz :What the forum really needs is less idiots.

I think we have a winner!
Quote from 5haz :What the forum really needs is less idiots.

I take offense to that.
Quote from dadge : if you report something and the mods don't think it was a reportable offense, then they will do nothing about the matter. that doesn't mean they have not looked at the report. it just means you need to pick better posts to report.

yeah keep walking that tightrope, dadge
The mods do a brilliant job. For example one time I completely lost my rag and made a really insulting post. After I had posted it I realized and deleted it. Probably about the same time as I deleted it I was given an infraction but when the mod (I think it was Franky) saw I had deleted it he reversed the infraction. Not many mods on other forums would do that.
#24 - VoiD
"For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind" Hosea 8,7
Rockclan only because you spend most of your day on lfsf so you see most of the crappy threads does not mean it needs better/more mods.

(66 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG