The online racing simulator
LLSS 2010 Round 8: Race Discussion
Well, er, Discuss !

Quote from http://lfsmanual.net :Short: AS3R
Length: 5.6 km / 3.5 miles
Most popular track configuration in Aston. You will probably find racers driving on this track all the time. Again, overtaking is really easy here. Despite the very slow turns in the middle of the track, this configuration is very fast. Most drivers prefer a GTR on this one. [deko addition: But we're using FOX and FO8 here so HA HA ]

Raceday is Friday, 13 August 2010. All times are UTC. You may convert them to your local timezone with the help of the Time Zone Converter.

1740 15 Minute Free Practice
1800 Qualifying 1 (7 Minutes)
1812 Qualifying 2 (7 Minutes)
1824 Superpole
1840 Sprint Race: 11 Laps (+1 pace lap). Rolling start, 30 minute time limit.
1915 Feature Race: 28 Laps (+1 formation lap). Standing Start, 60 minute time limit.

Qualifying Group 1 (28):
0, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, 24, 43, 47, 48, 51, 53, 56, 58, 73, 82, 83, 85, 88, 89, 91, 94, 96, 98, 99

Qualifying Group 2 (27):
2, 3, 4, 5, 12, 13,17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 23, 26, 35, 42, 44, 46, 52, 57, 60, 67, 69, 84, 90, 92, 93, 95

Car numbers not listed have not yet participated in the championship. Drivers using those numbers will be sorted into a session on race day.

Qualifying Tracking Document
-
(arnold cottenier) DELETED by dekojester : relating to first attempt at Round 8
-
(TFalke55) DELETED by TFalke55 : outdated
-
(Mustangman759) DELETED by dekojester : relating to first attempt at Round 8
-
(boothy) DELETED by dekojester : relating to first attempt at Round 8
-
(Timo1992) DELETED by dekojester : relating to first attempt at Round 8
-
(dekojester) DELETED by dekojester : relating to first attempt at Round 8
-
(Iginla) DELETED by dekojester : relating to first attempt at Round 8
The Eighth round of the 2010 LFSCART Light Summer Series has been rescheduled, and will run at the same time as usual, on Friday, August 13, 2010. Password remains the same as it was for the inital take, and the PM will be reissued in the next 48 hours to help communicate the date change.

Things revert to how they were prior to the round. Grid penalties will be freshly applied, qualifying will be redone, etc. Hope to see you all there !
The LFSCART Combined Nation Cup

After 7,5 completed Rounds
I just noticed something in TFalkes PM, are we doing this round in one segment instead of a sprint race and a feature race?

Quote :18:45 Race - 44 Laps (+1 formation lap). Standing Start. 2 hour time limit. Compulsory pitstop, all tyre change between leader lap 11 and 33 (LFS 12 and 34).

I just wanted to confirm whether this was correct or not.

Cya on the track.
#6 - CSF
No Thilo has had a brain fart and sent our LFSCART PM's instead.
Quote from arnold cottenier :I just noticed something in TFalkes PM, are we doing this round in one segment instead of a sprint race and a feature race?

I just wanted to confirm whether this was correct or not.

Cya on the track.

No, same as early. I got same PM and I'm not in Qualifying Groups, so that is just LFSCART'S information
Will have to miss this one sadly Have fun.
#9 - BLOBO
server is down btw
Seems like 500 Servers are down, but deko has a backup server AFAIK.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Seems like 500 Servers are down, but deko has a backup server AFAIK.

Yes, I do...give me about 10 minutes to get ot sorted ;|
Use the server called "GP2"

I'm online on it right now. Racer password will be the same.
I'm sorry for the wrong eMail... :o
*shy*
Gosh. Qualifying was ok, sprint race was ok, but feature race.. meh.
At least I got league experience.. Congrats to podium on the races.
Well, that was actually rather fun (Y)

Quali went awful but meh, I didnt fail especially hard.

Sprint race was alright. Didnt make too many mistakes and had a last lap tussle with David and he beat me by a measly hundredth of a second. Maybe I shouldve defended a lil harder

Feature race was going brilliantly, until T1 happened. Either I braked early or someone piled into the back of me. Luckily SC was out so I could repair teh damage. Then I was running well in 12th when I just failed into T1 and wrecked my dampers (i think) and had to pit and then did the same thing again 2 laps later but it wasnt so bad so I went to the end.

Gutted to be lapped but 12th and 16th arent the worst results I couldve asked for '
#16 - CSF
A quick question... if that had happened to Lims on any other lap, would you have let him just carry on with the race? If the answer is no, why is his 30s penalty removed?
Quote from CSF :A quick question... if that had happened to Lims on any other lap, would you have let him just carry on with the race? If the answer is no, why is his 30s penalty removed?

He would not have been allowed to rejoin if it happened at any other point in the race, but the penalty would have been removed.

As a matter of course, we remove all penalties associated with crashes spilling into the pitlane, most frequently on the oval.

Should someone get a speeding penalty from entering pitlane that LFS gives as a time penalty, it would be converted to the NDR conversion time penalty for the level.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG