The online racing simulator
Auto Club Revolution
(124 posts, started )
Auto Club Revolution
In brief; free to play PC based racing game, you can vote for starting content (i.e. cars and tracks) and have the chance to become a beta tester.

Voting website: http://vote.autoclubrevolution.com/

News article with a little more details: http://www.virtualr.net/auto-c ... -vote-for-your-favorites/

Official forum: http://forums.eutechnyx.com/forums/119-Auto-Club-Revolution

Edit: Main website is now up - http://www.autoclubrevolution.com/
Signed up for the forum and submitted my vote.

oh and Bob I take it that is who you work for. - yes just saw a post by you. btw supercar challenge pwns.
Signed & Voted
i really want three sisters to be in. its my local track its like 5 minutes away from me
I want Knockhill in it Its about 55 mile from me... would be nice to see it in a game
Sounds promising I signed up for it.
I pretty much voted for every classic and/or street track there (including one Ain-Diab )
I did not see Peau in the track list .
Done, interesting
voted. looking at the top 5's, it looks like european cars are the most voted for right now, i wonder how many american cars will end up in the end result.
Yes, the top 5s are all coming out rather predictably boring, I'm afraid. Unfortunately we need to bow to the masses and make what people want. This does tend to mean overlapping with content with all the other racing games, as this is all people who aren't well into their cars and motorsport will know.
Is this based on a new, or an evoloution of, an existing engine?, I assume this will be a micro-transaction based game?, if so, is the content the transaction?, MMO?, browser based?, leagues?, or just casual?.

Does it follow the GT/Forza ethos of race, buy, upgrade?, or is it the LFS/iR type of game, i.e. just race?.

I guess it will all become apparent in the future, just wanted a rough idea what the finished product is going to be like.
Quote from danowat :Is this based on a new, or an evoloution of, an existing engine?

Evolution. No need to start over unless you've done something hideously wrong. We evolved from amoeba afterall.

Quote from danowat :I guess it will all become apparent in the future, just wanted a rough idea what the finished product is going to be like.

I can't give out any facts out that aren't in press releases atm, sorry.
Thought as much, no worries Bob.

Which engine is it based on (if you are allowed to say).

Also, wasn't there another game coming out shortly you worked on?, Ride to hell? IIRC?
I just hope the De Tomaso Pantera ends up in the game.

Since I could not find that car anywhere in the list and I looked for it franticly.
But this seems become a rather interesting game.
Can anyone send me a copy of Supercar Challenge for PS3?!

Also, voted... Disappointed Circuit Gilles Villeneuve wasn't on the list.
i voted for every american track i liked and car
I voted too. Sounds very interesting.
ooh, a ferrari f40, now i'm interested
what you need to do is a version for people who play lots of Need for Speed. And a version for people who play lots of sims like Live For Speed. So one with shiney graphics and 100mph hairpin turns and the other with real looking graphics (no shiney business) and the best physics known to man

btw liking the SLS. My local Merc dealer has one (all roped off) and It has grown on me.
#23 - robt
Votee (all 50 votes!) C'mon people, get voting for a ford capri to get in!
This looks really interesting.

If you can answer this Bob - What makes this an MMO? There are levels/upgrades or what?
Quote from danowat :Which engine is it based on

Our own.

Quote from danowat :Also, wasn't there another game coming out shortly you worked on?, Ride to hell? IIRC?

We're currently working on three titles. Ride to Hell is one of the others. Although after Deep Silver Vienna closed, the game has understandably been set back a bit. Hence the trailer on the official website still says "coming 2009". It seems that slogan is becoming the new joke of the racing game industry.

There is also a new licenced racer in the works, which I think is due to be announced in September, and released early next year. I of course can't say what the licence is, but anyone who's been keeping a close eye on what I've been up to or talking about over the past year or so, might be able to guess it. Of course I can't tell you if you guess right, either.

Quote from DevilDare :If you can answer this Bob

Nope, sorry.

Auto Club Revolution
(124 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG