The online racing simulator
I've seen the future of sim racing, and it's, uhmm, pretty shit to be honest
What kind of simulator is it ?
Lol that looks retarded
#4 - senn
"an overly complicated answer to a question no one was asking"

Thread title was already the money shot.
German engineering.

/thread
I think he has come up with something awesome that I've never seen before! I'd love to try it!
Pretty sure the concept is a great idea how ever there execution does leave alot to be desired.
Impressive tire psychics.
i think the concept could easily be put to use for making better simulators...

want to see what a car does when it goes off a jump of a certain angle? go configure the track and make a test run... then one could code the software and compare the two results...
#12 - JJ72
awesome music!
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : because i can
I've spent a fortune getting SID chip -like bass tonezzz out of my bass guitar. Funny that a $1 part still sounds better...
Quote from thisnameistaken :I've spent a fortune getting SID chip -like bass tonezzz out of my bass guitar. Funny that a $1 part still sounds better...

yeah, but they're getting increasingly hard to find... i just checked ebay and only found two.
#15 - 5haz
Instead of a virtual simulation of real life, a real simulation of virtual life?

In the days before fast computers didn't they have military flying simulators that had a cockpit attached to a camera that 'flew' over a model landscape and moved along with the cockpit controls? I remember seeing a smiliar thing for training tank crews also.
Ouch! My ears!:sorry:
Quote from 5haz :Instead of a virtual simulation of real life, a real simulation of virtual life?

In the days before fast computers didn't they have military flying simulators that had a cockpit attached to a camera that 'flew' over a model landscape and moved along with the cockpit controls? I remember seeing a smiliar thing for training tank crews also.

I saw something like this a few years ago, on a tank though. But yes, they did have that.

The idea itself is nice, but meh... Waste of moneh.
Actually that looks like it could be pretty fun. Wonder how they're gonna add force feedback...
Quote from Bob Smith :Actually that looks like it could be pretty fun. Wonder how they're gonna add force feedback...

not that hard to do with a larger sized model (1:10 maybe) all youd need is to find some linear tension sensor that would fit into a servo pushrod (therese gotta be one somewhere)
also a larger model would have the advantage of the servo and the esc not being shit like they are at the size they use
what are the known bugs?
idk. random red/white barrier alike wall?
Quote from Bob Smith :Actually that looks like it could be pretty fun. Wonder how they're gonna add force feedback...

not, there will be little to none ffb from such a small car.
The absolute magnitude of the forces will of course be smaller but you can just scale them up to make full use of the wheel's motor.
I've thought that it would be an awesome idea before to do something like that - think of a 50 car multiplayer race

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG