The online racing simulator
Rendering & 3D tips and discussion
(34 posts, started )
Wow, that is, incredible.

That photobucket gallery is so inspiring and makes me realise the exact reason i wanted to get into 3D modelling in the first place.

Will be giving it another crack tomorrow! Thanks again for your help
no reason not to, i have only just over a year experience with 3dsmax, but modeling wise in about 3 or 4 months i'll have a year of that too
i have a question... how do you get those smooth renders, where the cars seem to be 1000s of polys, and the ones i tried to do look like mine is a 4 polys car? do i need to set different settings in brazil?
i just started learning to render a month ago, so i don't know many things

anyway, here's an example of my 4 polys car
Attached images
render grosso.jpg
smoothing, what you can do.. is actually for i believe all cars except FXO and GTT, just click on midifiers list right above edit poly and stuff, and go down to smooth, and click on it, then click on autosmooth
thanks!! i'll try it immediately!
Is there a quick way to scale models in a scene when you merge different sized models?
..uh.. the scale tool?
the one next to the move tool that allows you to much stuff..
Yeah I know how to scale things individually, I was wondering though If you could scale it all together for example.

I have the BF1 scene and I merge a transport truck scene that is 10 times bigger then the BF1 Scene.

Can I quickly make the truck scene the same scale as the BF1 without trying to get it the correct size by eye?

Sorry if thats too vauge
select everything you want to size at once, and then go to the top bar and go to group and select group
and it will put them together as one object, and after that, you can either ungroup them... orrrr, it says open/close, and you can open to edit something in that group, and then close it if you want to keep that group

Rendering & 3D tips and discussion
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG