The online racing simulator
about tyre´s grip
(4 posts, started )
#1 - jnr89
about tyre´s grip
I already know that around this forum there is a lot of people who sure know a lot about racing (or that is the impression they want to show) , so here is a question that have been around my mind since a year because i was trying to find the answer by myself...

When im seeing BEST MOTORING, sometimes they talk about "VERTICAL GRIP" and "HORIZONTAL GRIP" as strategy element of every race, for example "you should use more vertical grip now"

i analyze a bit the thing.i think the horizontal grip is to fully use the bottom of the tyre without using the bordes (edges), and the horizontal grip is about the same but including more the borders (edges), basically the edge of the tyre is where the rim could get out a bit wich mean a lot of steering traction used, or putting more weight distribution on the tyres.

by the way, i know for a while that in LFS (i use keyboard:shrug you can use a kind of "steer braking" to adjust the speed on the turn or correct the racing line, i figure this out but i still have to determine if this tech is used to be faster...

finally, what is "VERTICAL GRIP" and "HORIZONTAL GRIP"?????????????

(sorry for my bad english fellas)
#2 - amp88
Quote from jnr89 :When im seeing BEST MOTORING, sometimes they talk about "VERTICAL GRIP" and "HORIZONTAL GRIP" as strategy element of every race, for example "you should use more vertical grip now"

Sounds like they're talking about the longitudinal (vertical) and lateral (horizontal) grip of the tyre. Longitudinal being accelerating and braking the car in a straight line, lateral being going through the corners. You can see the longitudinal and lateral acceleration in LFS by looking at the F9/F10 display, the forces are shown in yellow text in the bottom right of the screen. The upper display is longitudinal, the lower is lateral. If you're interested in more Google for "traction circle" or just lateral/longitudinal force/acceleration.
#3 - JJ72
Seconding the notion that they are referring to Longitudinal and Lateral grip, no more explanation to add though.
#4 - jnr89
Quote from amp88 :Sounds like they're talking about the longitudinal (vertical) and lateral (horizontal) grip of the tyre. Longitudinal being accelerating and braking the car in a straight line, lateral being going through the corners. You can see the longitudinal and lateral acceleration in LFS by looking at the F9/F10 display, the forces are shown in yellow text in the bottom right of the screen. The upper display is longitudinal, the lower is lateral. If you're interested in more Google for "traction circle" or just lateral/longitudinal force/acceleration.

oh i see, i think my concept was more complex than reality, i have seen that and i think is a form to manage the tyre grip, thanks for the answer!!
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe

about tyre´s grip
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG