The online racing simulator
hamilton (the city) vs pam-am vs ti-cats vs canadian history
does anyone remember that brou-ha-ha about moving the phoenix coyotes to hamilton? and how gary bettman didn't want to move a team here, because the stadium wasn't up to par, among other reasons...

well, we might be losing our other professional sports team...

the pam-am games are supposed to come to toronto and hamilton, and hamilton was to build a track+field stadium which would also be used for the ti-cats... there was a choice of two locations, and city councillors and the ti-cats had a disagreement over where to put the stadium.

weeks of debating goes on, and then the ti-cats decided the other day to pull out of the collaboration they were making.

http://ticats.ca/article/bob-young-s-letter

and then to top things off, last night the city decided to put the stadium in the unpreferred location.

so to summarize:

1) we couldn't get a NHL team
2) our city officials stalled on the location of the pan-am stadium
3) the ti-cats got tired of being ignored and pulled out
4) our city officials chose the location that nobody wanted
5) the pan-am might pull out because the ti-cats aren't helping pay for the stadium
6) the government might pull out because they didn't want to develop the chosen location
7) we still won't get an NHL team

god, i hate our city.
Been watching this on the news, sad that no one seems to be able to work things out down there.

Toss out city council at the next election, it won't help this current situation, but it will keep them out of future business.

Good Luck,

AAnt
No F1? :sadbanana
Quote from zeugnimod :No F1? :sadbanana

Toronto would be more likely to get an F1 track before we would, they already do the indy.
I meant it with regards to the thread title.
^.^ No NHL for joo!

We had the same thing a few years back when we had to build a stadium to keep the Expos in MTL. Look where it's landed them -.-
Quote from bunder9999 :Toronto would be more likely to get an F1 track before we would, they already do the indy.

If anyone in the area got an F1 race, it should be Mosport.
Quote from boosterfire :^.^ No NHL for joo!

We had the same thing a few years back when we had to build a stadium to keep the Expos in MTL. Look where it's landed them -.-

i'm wondering if this is why they let the ti-cats walk... the team itself has been a money sink ever since bob young bought it...

sad thing is, that means we'll be without a pro team... we'll still have the bulldogs, but they're AHL. and then compare us to toronto, who has a baseball team, a basketball team, a football team, a hockey team, a soccer team... you get the point.
In your defense, your Bulldogs did pretty good last season, seems like every time I went to see the Amerks play, it was against Hamilton and we lost.
Quote from UncleBenny :In your defense, your Bulldogs did pretty good last season, seems like every time I went to see the Amerks play, it was against Hamilton and we lost.

yeah, they are a good team. calder cup '06-07. it took us a couple tries, but we did it...

i just wish (the "parent team") montreal would stop goofing around with our roster. heh, reminds me of the simpsons...

Quote : Homer: You know, boy, some of the players you see tonight may make it to the big leagues someday.
Bart: What? Aren't we going to see any washed-up major-leaguers?
Homer: Sure! We get a nice mix here.

Quote from UncleBenny :If anyone in the area got an F1 race, it should be Mosport.

no. Montreal shall keep the F1 race.
Quote from UncleBenny :If anyone in the area got an F1 race, it should be Mosport.

Oh god NO! They'll destroy it! I love Mosport the way it is (except I could do with more pro races, and some nicer off-track facilities...).

Quote from bunder9999 :i'm wondering if this is why they let the ti-cats walk... the team itself has been a money sink ever since bob young bought it...

Not to mention they suck. Hard.

Quote :sad thing is, that means we'll be without a pro team... we'll still have the bulldogs, but they're AHL. and then compare us to toronto, who has a baseball team, a basketball team, a football team, a hockey team, a soccer team... you get the point.

That's like comparing a pile of excrement to a brand new porcelain toilet.

...Guess which one is Hamilton!
I certainly think the Coyotes would actually have a future in Hamilton - they went in to league ownership for a reason. The NHL doesn't look in too strong a position, perhaps they over stretched themselves.

To be honest, I would have gone for Hamilton's bid for the Commonwealth Games (due to being able to hold it at a time that wouldn't render the track and field an utter joke), but that's a separate issue.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG