The online racing simulator
G27 problems...
(19 posts, started )
G27 problems...
Just received a G27 as a replacement for my G25. -cutted-

Overall, I'm more happy with the G25. Wheel fits better in your hand and there's no loud clicking noise when shifting (pedals @ wheel) which can be quite annoying. The 'only' big advantage of the G27 is the smoothness and quietness. Hopefully I can sort the pedals out...
-
(zeromussov) DELETED by zeromussov
contact logitech again
Yeah, just did.

They told me I wouldn't get any warrenty on this one, since my G25 was already 2,5 years old. Let's see..
How come they sent you a G27 when your G25 was already out of warranty? My older MOMO was out of warranty with 2 weeks, and they did not send a replacement.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :How come they sent you a G27 when your G25 was already out of warranty? My older MOMO was out of warranty with 2 weeks, and they did not send a replacement.

Yeah, I think it depends on where you live, who's helping you and how you explain the problem.

Btw, just got a message they will send me another G27. Not sure if I have to send the current one back, they're not very clear about that. Good work.
lol me too please wanna have g27
G27:Degree angle stops b4 set angle??
OK HERE'S MY G27 PROBLEM...........................

Calibration works funny on start up every time..Computer start's,then wheel begins it's calibration routine...then stops half way through....Computer finishes starting up to desktop,Then wheel starts its thing all over again??

It's centering fine then & caL worked properly...BUT BUT BUT!!!!

Can anyone tell me if this is happening to their g27's please...

On rotating the wheel to its full 900 or 720 or 540 or any other degree setting,I Can't get it to fully hit each set degree....

It stops about 10/15 degree before the set angle....both ways left & right have same effect of a 10/15 degree loss...??????

It feels like the bump stop is set to the wrong spot!! Look @ attached picture's for better understanding of my problem.

My G25 never had this trouble...
I don't use g25 because my wheel snapped the top half lose & is now floppy & stuffed...One reason why i got it RMA'd in the fist place
Attached images
900% to the right.jpg
900% to the left.jpg
normal..the more powerful computer, the less likely it will do that. when your computer starts up, it is doing alot of things and is using alot of its proccesses..it puts the usb ports at low priority, and it saves that calibration to a time where it will be easier...or thats what i think...mine pauses, and on my old computer does the same thing...
Wow thats weird. But can you force it through (just a little force) because degree locking is done by force feedback. If it is an bump like you said it could be a mechanical problem.
Sounds mechanical to me with the degree thing...
& yes i can force the wheel to the full turn..BUT
the bump stoppers are causing this IMO

Might send Logitech another email to be sure....

IMO this is a Manufacturing problem...
Just received the new G27. Gas/Brake pedal are working great now, clutch one makes a weird noise again. (even worse than the previous one) But I don't care about that really, since I use it rarely.

They have a great service after all
My G27 clutch made a bit of a squeaking sort of noise when I first got it (if I remember correctly), but the noise went after some use
OK,Ive contacted Logitech & their reply stated:

Quote :We hope it will not deter you from supporting Logitech products in the future, as not all situations will result in this way.

Now I'm waiting for another reply email back as to how long i have to wait to get replaced with another G27 that actually work's properly this time...

Gotta love logitech
That the wheel stops before hitting 900 degrees is normal. I think they did that so you can't break through the 900 degrees. If they didn't do it it would make a lot of noise when you smash it into that 900 degrees :P
Quote from Calzone :That the wheel stops before hitting 900 degrees is normal. I think they did that so you can't break through the 900 degrees. If they didn't do it it would make a lot of noise when you smash it into that 900 degrees :P

I don't think you get what I'm saying......

THIS WHEEL IS FAULTY:: from manufacturing--- Calzone read my previous statement again thank you

Quote :On rotating the wheel to its full 900 OR 720 OR 540 or ANY other degree setting,I Can't get it to fully hit each set degree....

And ALSO this brand new wheel has stuffed wheel shaft bearings....lots & lots of sideways movement and a loud knock if i rock the wheel from side to side,AND it feels like it loses ffb when changing direction really bad.....

I was a very reasonable drifter/racer with my G25......Now with this dodgy wheel I cant even catch a drift/oversteer the same,I just feel no ffb when going through a transition from left to right or vise versa till its to late & i spin...

They are going to replace it anyway.....
Quote from Blackknight555 : a loud knock if i rock the wheel from side to side

This happens when turning right quickly on all G27s, from what I've heard.. it's a manufacturing defect/fault/bit of bad design on all G27s
manufacturing defect/fault/bit of bad design on all G27s
Quote from JO53PHS :This happens when turning right quickly on all G27s, from what I've heard.. it's a manufacturing defect/fault/bit of bad design on all G27s

:wtf2: Well that's just on at all.....

I'll wait till logitech can ""confirm"" that statement first...

But if that is the case when I get my replacement,Then I won't be supporting logitech or their products ever again...

I'd go buy a FREX setup instead
Attached images
simwheelfsn-320.jpg
butshifhan01b.JPG
butpedal01b.JPG
Quote from JO53PHS :This happens when turning right quickly on all G27s, from what I've heard.. it's a manufacturing defect/fault/bit of bad design on all G27s

Yeah, same here... very annoying tbh.
Quote from zeromussov :Yeah, same here... very annoying tbh.

Ive just been testing some different setting in the logitech profiler ..

I'm now using 100% dampener / 101% strength & 0% spring !!

That knocking sound is still present,but the dead-zone in the ffb central area when drifting/driving seems to have gone

G27 problems...
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG