The online racing simulator
#1 - Niggo
Driving Force Pro (PS2 <-> PC ??)
Hello, LFS Community

i have posted this on the [TC] CityDriving Forum earlier, but they couldn't really help me.

Quote :hi guys, its once again camaro in need of some help

My Team Leader, Rocky7up, at whose House i am right now, bought himself a playseat which came with a Logitech Driving Force Pro FOR PLAYSTATION 2.

Now he is going to give that wheel to me for free, because he already had a momo and now bought a Thrustmaster something.

But our actual problem is getting the Wheel to work with the PC.
I have already read 3 comments on the german Amazon about this exact PS2 wheel working on the PC since Logi-software-thingy-version 4.60.
One of them even stated he uses it with LFS (in 2004)
(Linky: http://www.amazon.de/Playstation-Driving...0001YNHPU)

If we plug the wheel into the PC, windows catches it in his Game Controllers thing and says "new device found: Driving Force USB"

Also the Logitech Profiler 5.09 find the wheel.

But as soon as we get to test it, no matter what we do, the computer recognizes nothing. neither wheel turning nor pedal pushing nor pressing any buttons. it just thinks we do nothing.
Older Profiler/WingMan versions (such as 4.60) will simply crash after launch and tell us there is no device installed.

EDIT: The left light is flashing, the right light is just shining, if that is important.

Is there anything we can do?

Camaro
(and Rocky)

Quote :
RE: Driving Force Pro (PS2 <-> PC ??)
Zipppy' Wrote:You can check in the Device Manager (accessible by right-clicking "My Computer" and selecting "Manage" and check if Windows is detecting it) and try uninstalling the driver, unplug the cable then plug it back in. It worked for me most often that way in similar situations.

did not fix it :/

Zipppy' Wrote:A further possibility could be a USB port or cable issue. Check if the cable or port isn't damaged.

No visible problems anywhere on the cable/plugs

(08-04-2010 11:41 AM)Bradd Wrote: I think you can download drivers off the Logitech website?

I use a Driving Force GT myself.

this here?:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/441/273?se...it=&osid=1
as said above, it finds the wheel, but when i get to the test it (calibrate it), whatever i do, the computer does not recognize it (turning the wheel etc.).

EDIT: The left light os flashing, the right light is just shining, if that is important. EDIT: okay i now tried to install profiler 5.02.

same errors as always, here are pictures:

""Run a DLL as an App" Stopped working" or "unexpected exception in "run a DLL as an App"

after i clicked that error away:

"Logitech profiler could not find any gamecontrollers. Make sure that such is connected. If the Device needs a Connection to Electricity, make sure it has enough electricity as needed.

When you are sure you did this, click on "retry". if you click on "cancel", the Profiler will be closed."

Only the newest 5.09 seems not to have those problems, but then the wheel still won't do anything.:

Camaro

i hope the LFS Community can help me/us out
The screenshots you've posted are inaccessible, logging on TC forums is required.

Anyway I have a DFP and it's perfectly HID compliant, so it doesn't need any drivers at all for basic function. I suggest you uninstall all Logitech stuff, reboot your PC and check if the wheel works. It should appear as a classic joystick in Gaming Devices in Windows.
LGS is required only to get functions like force feedback and separate throttle/brake axes working.
#3 - Niggo
I have removed anything made by logitech, plugged the wheel in and restarted the pc. the wheel is being noticed by Windows as usual and shows up in the controllers section.
But still it does not work in the calibration, neither in lfs.

by now both lights are constantly glowing; can't say since when; but they were not when the computer had just recognized the wheel.
Does the wheel calibrate itself when you plug it in? It should do complete lock-to-lock turns both to the left and to the right, then it should switch into 200 degrees compatibility mode and calibrate again. Unless the wheel does this sort of self-check, it won't work. Are you sure you have the force feedback power supply working and plugged into the wheel?
#5 - Niggo
All that did not help.
i now took the momo home with me, thanks very much for trying to help
#6 - Be2K
Quote from Niggo :Hello, LFS Community

i have posted this on the [TC] CityDriving Forum earlier, but they couldn't really help me.

i hope the LFS Community can help me/us out

sure we can . I think the problem u've got is that u used the wrong Software.

Try this (32 or 64 bit):
http://www.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs502.exe
http://www.logitech.com/pub/te ... t/joystick/lgs502_x64.exe

Plug all your Cableconnectors in when u're installtion said.

The error with flashing only one LED is normal. There is a button combination for unlocking the 900 degrees rotation and then u get both LEDs flashing. But i dont know the combination anymore .
This wouldnt be a problem too because you can configure the max. degrees of the Wheel for In-Game Racing in the profiler-software.

This can help you -> http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/W ... Your_LFS_Wheel_Experience

Driving Force Pro (PS2 <-> PC ??)
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG