The online racing simulator
ok new problem
(7 posts, started )
#1 - nSki
ok new problem
OK i just join ur family.. i brought the game ... now the problem i have is the skins ... its what first made me look at this game, so here it is...

i download a public skin to test ... when i put it in the lfs > Data > Skins i get nothing in game ..... if i goto LFSworld and browse for that public skin it just says already exsists.

so can someone plzz tell me step by step how to get these god damn skins working ...
if im having this much problems with public skins then what bout when i want to make my own
im heart broken, but not giving up.

thanks guys
nSki
In the car setup screen (the screen after you select which car you want) there is a list of skins on the left, at the bottom of this list there should be a button called "New colours" click that and it will bring up a list of your newly downloaded or created skins then click the one you want
#3 - VoiD
Welcome to LFS
Quote from nSki :...i download a public skin to test ...

Name of the skin should be [car]_myskin.jpg ...e.g. XFG_myskin.jpg or XRR_myskin.jpg etc
Skins should be copied into \data\skins

Size should be 1024*1024 for skinupload on LFSW, size not bigger than 400kb...
#4 - nSki
Quote from GAVD999 :In the car setup screen (the screen after you select which car you want) there is a list of skins on the left, at the bottom of this list there should be a button called "New colours" click that and it will bring up a list of your newly downloaded or created skins then click the one you want

i am doing this and its not in there
when i put them in the skin file i get nothing ingame ... do i have to do anything to upload it into the game ?
All you need to do is save the skin to your LFS\Data\skins folder then select the car you downloaded the skin for and try what i posted first.

Like Void said make sure the skinfile is saved correctly.

Try one of my skins as i know it works and is uploaded, click the following link, right click on it, click save as and save it in your LFS\Data\Skins also don't change the filename when you save it : http://www.lfsforum.net/attach ... id=98549&d=1262198009

Edit : Skin is for RB4
#6 - VoiD
Hmm, thats strange..

There´s a XFG-skin attached

-download it to your data\skins (rightcklick save as...)

-start singleplayer, select XFG as car and select that skin (XFG_shell helix) while in box

does it show up?
Attached images
XFG_shell_helix.jpg
Make sure that if its a .dds file it goes in the skins_dds and if it is .jpg it goes in the skins folder. If it is not .jpg or .dds you must convert it into one of those then put it in the correct folder.

ok new problem
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG