The online racing simulator
Best Torrent Site
(22 posts, started )
Best Torrent Site
So i ws wondein wats the bestest torrenting site? and also iftheres private ones if theres anyway who can send me a invitation?

thanks in advanced.
i dont think its allowed to discuss torrenting on here
No it's allowed, I read EVERY rule, and there's no mention of it AFAIK.
Quote :2) I shall not post illegal software or post links to illegal software on this forum. Illegal software is software published without permission from the author or copyright owner.

I know, you can find legal software on most torrent sites as well, but usally also the other kind.
True, but I don't see I'm breaking the rules because I haven't said what I am using it for but I think torrents have been discussed before here,
I just was wondering what site would be the best so if it's inappropriate then maybe someone could PM me
This is getting boring, Messy. :/
Quote from matijapkc :Just wanted to post that. Torrents, and you pay for them.

Atleast im not violating the forum rules, eh.
-
(brt900) DELETED by Bob Smith : thanks
Why remove the TL convo? People can talk about it all they want, we did not discuss illegal material, I bet those sites also contain illegal stuff. Also, they can talk all they want, it will keep with that, the chance you get TL is small anyways. :P
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!! Alas my post has been deleted
-
(-NightFly-) DELETED by -NightFly-
So now any posts that link/talk about sites that contain any illegal are deleted?

Who exactly was harmed or offended by those posts? They certainly weren't illegal by law and they certainly didn't break any rules.

I think it is time for some moderators to step down.
I gotta agree. Talking about a site is not illegal, even if it contains illegal data. It would be if we talked about that, but the posts deleted did not contain any of that.
#16 - AMB
Actually isohunt is the "best" because what it does, is just looking around torrent sites to find links to the torrents, nothing else.
Quote from Lible :I think it is time for some moderators to step down.

then you wouldn't have any... bob and franky run this forum by themselves, when they are actually here... with no signs of any new moderators on the horizon.
Quote from Lible :So now any posts that link/talk about sites that contain any illegal are deleted?

We've never tolerated illegal material being posted on this forum, or links to it. Even if you're not linking to a specific file, when it comes to sites whose entire purpose is to provide illegal material, then no links to that site should be posted.

Quote from Lible :Who exactly was harmed or offended by those posts? They certainly weren't illegal by law and they certainly didn't break any rules.

I don't anything that happens on this forum is illegal by law. Vob mods certainly aren't, yet the community understands why we remove all evidence of it from here. You can talk about software piracy, I just don't want to see any links. As far as I'm concerned, posting the name of a site is only one step removed from posting a link to it, and clearly people knew this as sites were being referred to by acronyms or cryptic clues, so I can't be alone in my opinion.

Quote from Lible :I think it is time for some moderators to step down.

I think you're over-reacting a little. I almost binned the whole thread as soon as I read it, but was trying to not over-react, and allowing a genuine and useful discussion to continue.
May i go a bit offtopic here? Its not much offtopic, but related to downloads, free legal downloads.

http://download.cnet.com/windows/
(known as www.download.com)

I used to browse this site long time ago, always found something neat. But for now, something is messed up since whenever i want to download any file (absolutely any file, or watch any cnet review) then it tells me 404. Really mucked up, might be my country/IP be blocked?
Quote from Bob Smith :We've never tolerated illegal material being posted on this forum, or links to it. Even if you're not linking to a specific file, when it comes to sites whose entire purpose is to provide illegal material, then no links to that site should be posted.

By that logic you would remove any link to any file sharing site. There are tons of content on the loose just hanging around in the www. But of course you wouldn't go delete everyone's rapidshare links on the entire forum, that'd be stupid.
Ah but general purpose file sharing sites get used a lot to store people's random crap, distribution of mods, etc. And they're generally not as searchable. With torrent sites all the illegal stuff is often right in your face. It's a little different, IMO.

Best Torrent Site
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG