The online racing simulator
Damage Memory
(21 posts, started )
Damage Memory
I think it would be cool if the damage you pick up on the car is remembered, so if you
total your car that's it until you repair it. And it would be a nice touch if you could
also see that damage in the menu or pit's or wherever the car is visible outside the
race. It would be cool if the damage had a real world cost of repair depending on what
it was , suspension, cosmetic, engine etc..... But i guess the only way to do it is by
introducing a credit or point's system so you had to spend credit's to repair it, and i can't see it
being useful without a career mode...which i can imagine most will hate.

just an initial idea guy's, im sure somebody can improve on that
Not a bad idea (Although probably not wise for it to be implemented until the damage system in LFS is improved), but I think it should just be an option and not a permanent part of LFS.

In other words, I think it would be better for it to be an option of the server host for things like Championships or Multiple races in a single day. I would however LOVE there to be a cash system in LFS's Single Player though, I.E completing certain challenges or races, therefore earning yourself more cash to gain sponsorship and new vehicles!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Not a bad idea (Although probably not wise for it to be implemented until the damage system in LFS is improved), but I think it should just be an option and not a permanent part of LFS.

In other words, I think it would be better for it to be an option of the server host for things like Championships or Multiple races in a single day. I would however LOVE there to be a cash system in LFS's Single Player though, I.E completing certain challenges or races, therefore earning yourself more cash to gain sponsorship and new vehicles!

IIRC , in patch 0.5Q or less, whas a credit option , where you race online , win and earn point to unlock the other vehicles, but dont remember well

Any one remember this?
Yeah, I remember that. It wasn't very popular, hence why it got removed.

As I said above though, I would love for there to be a Single-Player only Career, if you will.
it can't hurt to put in an optional career mode, credit's system and damage memory, can it?...

Imagine writing off the car completely and having to save up credit's to buy a new one

or maybe after a crash due to low funds only being able to repair the car mechanically and having to enter races with cosmetic damage and duct tape holding on your bumpers..hehe, thats how it was with some cars at the track when i worked for a small racing team. people would do anything to stay in the race.

What do you guy's think of the damage in gta4, imo it's brilliant, i wish lfs damage is like this or better one day, of course physics comes first but after that.....

gta4 damage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... vRh60&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 3wBos&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD4jQ0OMoYQ
Good idea on damage memory, might make racing more realistic plus it might help some movies (most probably Collateral Collision) though it isn't really going to be on the top of the priority list.
As for the optional carrer mode and credits to repair car... No thanks... I think we got the pits already to repair the car
Quote from Inouva :IIRC , in patch 0.5Q or less, whas a credit option , where you race online , win and earn point to unlock the other vehicles, but dont remember well

Any one remember this?

Yeah, and you could just set the AI level to Pro, give them a bad setup and drive 1 lap races on SO1 or FE1 and you had the necessary points to drive the fastest cars within 30 minutes so it was totally pointless.
Quote from mehmet ersen :..... It would be cool if the damage had a real world cost of repair depending on what it was , suspension, cosmetic, engine etc..... But i guess the only way to do it is by introducing a credit or point's system ....

I've developed one that uses a credit system!
Attached images
LFS Receipt System.PNG
Quote from sinanju :I've developed one that uses a credit system!

:huepfenic
WoW that looks great! so you actually have a set price for each repair, does it cover every type of damage that lfs has?
how do you earn credits , i guess it's like the f1 point's system right?

Does it have damage memory, so the damage on the car stay's permanently until you repair it, i mean like even when you exit the game and restart it?
Quote from mehmet ersen :....so you actually have a set price for each repair, does it cover every type of damage that lfs has?....

No.

There are 3 reasons for the system to work

1 Pit for fuel
2 Pit for minor body damage
3 Pit for major mechanical damage

I've set up different 3 invoices for each type of car.

Quote from mehmet ersen :....how do you earn credits , i guess it's like the f1 point's system right?...

No.

Solely depends on reason for going into pit box.

Quote from mehmet ersen :....Does it have damage memory, so the damage on the car stay's permanently until you repair it, i mean like even when you exit the game and restart it?

No.

I'm not that clever.

It's done via the LFSLapper system - see my original post http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=65742

If you want to see it action, go to my server Sin'rs

Have fun!

Sinanju
C H ( tongue ) E E K
Attached images
LFS 3 Receipts.PNG
Quote from speed1230 :Wait why would a driver need to get Premium Cat Food?

Just because they're a driver, doesn't mean they should stint on their pet. Shame on you for thinking bad of them!

Or maybe when Top Gear refer to their "pet" racing driver....?!
I wasn't thinking bad for them! I was just wondering why
it would be nice seeing better damage, the current one is a bit lame
To me, quicly we just need: No real time damage information in F10 menu and no repair big damages, like suspension or body...
After, different parts have different resistance... cars are not more made from aluminium...
I remember the credits earned after a race but I unlocked all the cars very fast.. was in 2004 if I recall.

Imagine servers where you the option to earn LFScredits, let's say about 1000c for 1st, 700c for 2nd 500c for 3rd and so on depending of the Class (gt3, gtr etc)..
You need to pay 30~50 credits to register for specific races, credits you can earn in multiplayer as well as single player mode. These fees wouldn't be too much, but wasting the cars might, therefore it would encourage a more passive driving style and that of course would mean, less accidents, more respect on the road. The more expensive the car you waste, the higher it'll cost you, but the higher the price at the finish line.

To make a resumé, LFS would sorta emulate real life racing, with a virtual currency system (without the monthly fees)

That would greatly encourage wisdom, over aggressive behaviors on track.

just an idea
I wish the credit system back, but with a few modifications:

1: Can only apply in multiplayer races
2: The number of AI cars does not count, only humans
3: The credits / score would be recorded on LFSWord, with a ranking aswell
4: Would mean nothing to the car selection, just somewhat a driver score / credit

What you think?
Quote from The Very End :I wish the credit system back, but with a few modifications:

1: Can only apply in multiplayer races
2: The number of AI cars does not count, only humans
3: The credits / score would be recorded on LFSWord, with a ranking aswell
4: Would mean nothing to the car selection, just somewhat a driver score / credit

What you think?

That it's useless.

Seriously, credit systems suck and won't work in LFS. IMO.
Waaaai?

I know it's a big EGO feast, where kids would get orgasm each time their score would go above 9000!!!!!!!!

But seriously, I think that is a cool way having somewhat a ranking system in LFS
But why would you need an "official" ranking system?

There are already several AIRIO servers that do that, and the best drivers are going to end up in MoE, IGTC, etc. anyway so there you have your ranking.
I think having an implented cross-over (server-wise) rank system would be great, but I understand there are various opinions about classifying drivers

Damage Memory
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG