The online racing simulator
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I disagree.

Communism fails due to people being greedy ****bags, wanting to be superior to everyone else.

Communism fails because it's silly nonsense rooted in stupid logic, and if the communist manifesto was nothing more than an long forum post it would be shouted down like the tat it is! Unfortunately the idea of communism caught on and has this idea has killed millions upon millions.

All communism had going for it is a great name and some great posters which is enough to brainwash thousands of sociology students!
Alan don't you have any inbred landowners you should be sucking off?
Quote from Intrepid :Communism fails because it's silly nonsense rooted in stupid logic, and if the communist manifesto was nothing more than an long forum post it would be shouted down like the tat it is! Unfortunately the idea of communism caught on and has this idea has killed millions upon millions.

All communism had going for it is a great name and some great posters which is enough to brainwash thousands of sociology students!

How is it silly logic? True, proper communism means that everyone is equal. You do your job, and share the wealth with everyone. That means you don't have a disparity in wealth, where some people are buying a Ferrari every day, where some barely have enough money to eat that day (if they do at all).

If you look too at the history of "communist" nations, none have had true communist ideals, they've just used the communist name as part of propoganda to get supporters, then they become a brutal dictatorship.

Heck, Cuba is the only real recent "communist" nation, and look at how they are doing. Cuba has very very good standing in terms of Education, health care and they make damn good cigars.

I'm pretty sure Communism is fine, it's people who have tarnished the good name of communism by using it instead of Fascism.. which Hitler sorta screwed up that word by being a psycho.

I'm sure you'd say that Cuba fails though, seeing with all these educated, trained people in health care.. that they only make 15$ an hour as a Doctor, which is less than you made as what.. Schumachers personal kart mechanic.. that's what job you did this week..right?

Alan, life ain't all about money.. you gotta look at it subjectively, not just by numbers and dollar signs.
#29 - 5haz
Communism is defeated by greed whilst capitalism thrives on it, and seeing as it'll be a while before humans evolve out of being greedy (if they ever do), capitalism is the best bet for now, thats no excuse for being exceptionally greedy or miserly though.

However humans will never evolve out of being greedy in a capitalist system, seeing as it is a system which promotes greed at the expense of others of course. Those who make more money buy a better quality of life for thenmselves and so its the rich, not the strongest that survive. While this isn't ideal it at least works, what is unacceptable are the pricks who want to ensure that only the few already privelidged are allowed to advance themselves, denying the less fortunate masses the opportunity and ensuring that the wealth stays with a tiny fraction of the population, these people are often known as conservatives.

Quote from Intrepid :Unfortunately the idea of communism caught on and has this idea has killed millions upon millions

Because its not like capitalism has killed countless numbers is it? All those unfortunate souls who were too poor to live, but I'm alright Jack with my large house and a bank balance to match it.
You should fix the thread title.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Heck, Cuba is the only real recent "communist" nation, and look at how they are doing. Cuba has very very good standing in terms of Education, health care and they make damn good cigars.

You're right about the cigars, but not about education and healthcare (or freedom of the press, civil liberties etc).
Really? When Cuba has a lower infant mortality rate than Canada and a length of life that is only just behind Canada when Cuba is a lot less prosper nation than a lot of the America nations... I think they are doin pretty fine.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Really? When Cuba has a lower infant mortality rate than Canada and a length of life that is only just behind Canada when Cuba is a lot less prosper nation than a lot of the America nations... I think they are doin pretty fine.

You should read the main article and then follow up on some of the references. Infant mortality and life expectancy are good indicators, but they don't tell much about the quality of life.
Cuba has all what Dustin said , they do have good education and all because the government pays them to have an educated population. but then, the people have to '' pay back '' , it looks good and all but because of the ( '' blocus '' i dont know that word in english, just in french) that the USA and their allies imposed to cuba, they can't upgrade the technology of the country. if they cant upgrade, they cant keep up. If they cant keep up, they are stuck with old machinery and are forced to invent new ways of keep it working ( hint: those 50's chevys that made it there and still running with pieces taken out of a LADA ). If America and co. '' blocked '' Cuba from growing bigger for one reason, they were scared. scared that the people's country could rule over them so hard that only nature could wipe them out ( hint: look at china, a communist nation, is growing bigger every day, a force to be reckoned for the future )

my 2cents.
Quote from el pibe :...

my 2cents.

Yes, of course the trade embargo against Cuba obviously has a massive impact on what the country can do, but it shouldn't excuse the civil rights violations, forced education etc that happen routinely in Cuba. People have used Cuba as a working example of communism over the decades, but today that moniker is most certainly not deserved.
Quote from amp88 :People have used Cuba as a working example of communism over the decades, but today that moniker is most certainly not deserved.

yes its gone downhill a lot since the 60s or so and no it never was actual communism but a dictatorship
the thing that makes cuba interesting is that unlike most (all) other so called communist nations its dictator seemed like he actually did try to establish something similar to real communism and for a short while it worked quite well

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG