Remove door handles:

Remove any way of adding fuel:

Buy some more ridiculous wheels:

Fit the wrong size tyres:

Buy some 140mm spacers (yes, 14cm!):

Fit (yes, wheels are fitted in this picture...):

Add some hydraulic suspension:

Realise you've been a plonker and remove the spacers:

And finally... remove your wing mirrors so you can't see everyone point and laugh:

I have to say, with such large wheels and such a wide track, it must stick to the road like nothing on earth - perfect to the tremendous power of a 1.1 to the road.
uhuh?
#3 - Bean0
I'm not familiar with the thread, but not all 106s on the site are modified to improve their driveability.

Find Pugme's, it looks like a spaceship, but wins shows all over europe.
those second set of rims are awesome
mass dish ftw

too bad they're on a shit car
naiz r1c3r car y0!
#6 - PoVo
I'm just happy he removed the damn Spacers! They were an overkill
#7 - AMB
More money than sense not even I would drive that car!
#8 - Osco
there's easier ways of telling us you're eyeing a 106 jakg...
#9 - Jakg
Quote from AMB :More money than sense

Thats the worst part... the car was £1,600, first wheels £650, second wheels were custom made so probably even more... just on the car & wheels he's spent more than I spent buying the ZT. And what does he have to show for it? A ruined 106 with a 1.1L engine and 2 years of wasted time.
Quote from Jakg :Thats the worst part... the car was £1,600, first wheels £650, second wheels were custom made so probably even more... just on the car & wheels he's spent more than I spent buying the ZT. And what does he have to show for it? A ruined 106 with a 1.1L engine and 2 years of wasted time.

Oh Well atleast hes passionate about it hes put a lot of effort into it looking at his build thread sure its not too everyones taste if he likes then F everyone else
Im sorry but what is wrong with them wheels. they have nice size dish, and the tyre sizes theres nothing wrong with tyre strech it looks very nice.
Quote from brt900 :theres nothing wrong with tyre strech it looks very nice.

Oh, you mean apart from the fact that it's dangerous?
I want to find out where it is and torch it.. Put the poor car out its misery...
#14 - Migz
Fair play to him though for putting all this effort in and doing it all himself.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Oh, you mean apart from the fact that it's dangerous?

its dangerous yet mad mike in formula D does 100+ mph entries sideways with streched tyres
Quote from brt900 :its dangerous yet mad mike in formula D does 100+ mph entries sideways with streched tyres

And, what's your point? I know for a fact it's dangerous, as I have had cars come into work with tyres popped off the bead after they taken a corner hard, and this was all because they had stretched tyres on.

If your comfortable with doing 80-90mph on the Motorway with stretched tyres, then great. You will only hear me saying "i told you so" when they pop off the bead and you slam sideways into a tree.
#17 - Jakg
Except the problem is that if someone is coming the other way with massively overstretched tyres, suspension at it's limits and 140mm spacers, if any part of their car breaks (which is not an "if", it's a "when" with the cluster**** of bodgery I posted...) it could well be me they plow into...
#18 - AMB
Oh and to pick up on the 'Mad mikes drift car goes 100mph sideways entries' well that's because it's a drift car made to withstand the force? this is a pile of wank car made by the French with stupid wheels on that look nasty, the rims are ok, but the spacers.... seriously, not that the car would be going sideways but if it takes a corner too fast then the tyre could just pop off the rim... Now I'm considered a 'chav' and I would NEVER EVER, drive a car like that, simplicity is the greatest, not all this shit that does nothing but reduce what little performance the car already has, I'd rather spend the money on engine upgrades, or forget about even buying the car/'upgrades' in the first place and buy a real car.

Oh and I use to be into the whole 'modify the car to **** with wide body work and low skirts stuff' but now I'd rather take things off the car then add weight, Klutch's cars, they don't look overdone with loads of added bodywork etc, just a straight up car.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from Jakg : it could well be me they plow into...

which they may do without any technical failure, just from ****ed up handling. Those cars have no suspension left, the coilovers are used only to get the car as low as possible. Read a funny review on some used Bilstein rally-kit once, "SuX, cant go low enught, stance is wrong to"

and seeing spacers (over 1cm or so) makes my inside clench, so wrong on so many mechanical levels. Any guesses how much unsprung weight those 140mm ones add per wheel?
At least the increase in scrub radius would make it easier to park.
Quote from AMB :
Oh and I use to be into the whole 'modify the car to **** with wide body work and low skirts stuff' but now I'd rather take things off the car then add weight, Klutch's cars, they don't look overdone with loads of added bodywork etc, just a straight up car.

Why am i mentioned here?
#22 - AMB
Just pointing out, the difference between cars that are modded to the way I like and then this car in this thread.
ah, fair enough
Quote from AMB :Just pointing out, the difference between cars that are modded to the way I like and then this car in this thread.

You like cars with exhaust tips that look like flacid penises??

No need for me to apologise to Klutch here. He already knows how much I dislike his RX-7, don't ya buddy? <3
-
#25 - AMB
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :You like cars with exhaust tips that look like flacid penises??

No need for me to apologise to Klutch here. He already knows how much I dislike his RX-7, don't ya buddy? <3

Well be honest, Klutch' car or this 106?
-
This thread is closed

s1k m0dd3d 106 y0!
(72 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG