The online racing simulator
Quote from N I K I :Good job marshals for penalizing a man who just held his line and letting Hamilton off with that ugly, ugly weaving earlier this year

Interesting way of holding the line he had there.
Quote from zeugnimod :Interesting way of holding the line he had there.

Well m8 he was just off line and was getting back on line and because he had the f4 race line on he new the correct race line was over there by the pit wall so he was getting back online quick smart
Meh yea he deserved it, but so did Hamilton. Yes Hami got a warning bla bla, not enough! It was a disgraceful move as well, not life threatening but still disgrace.
Quote from Glenn67 :Well m8 he was just off line and was getting back on line and because he had the f4 race line on he new the correct race line was over there by the pit wall so he was getting back online quick smart

I hope his F4 line tells him to move to the wall before Rubens pulls out of draft next time.

EDIT: Seems like everyone overlooked Petrov's performance. Hip hip hurrey for Petrov
Quote from N I K I :I hope his F4 line tells him to move to the wall before Rubens pulls out of draft next time.

Well that is difficult u see as the F4 line wasn't over there till Rubens pulled out of the draft they have more advanced F4 lines in F1 than in LFS u know...
Quote from AMB :Do you always say 'grow up' to people who have a different opinion to yours?

Nope, do you always chime in without anything valid to add to the discussion at all. Do you even have an opinion?
Quote from N I K I :Good job marshals for penalizing a man who just held his line and letting Hamilton off with that ugly, ugly weaving earlier this year

I'm sorry, but pushing someone towards a wall and weaving to break a tow (when the car behind isn't alongside you) is something completely different.

I'm not saying Michael really deserved that penalty through. But that about serves him right. It was for sure potentially very dangerous.

And it just shows that the marshalls this year ain't plain stupid and just take the rules literally.

PS. if you think Lewis deserves a penalty at Malaysia, then so did Petrov (the other car he was racing against). Petrov did exactly the same thing the straight before, at a lesser scale than Lewis.
#157 - AMB
Quote from anttt69 :Nope, do you always chime in without anything valid to add to the discussion at all. Do you even have an opinion?

ROFL, now who's the hypocrite, as for my opinion, well racing's racing, It's no fun without any danger, adrenalin makes you do things that seem/is dangerous, and racing is dangerous, now what are you waiting for? someone else to go on Schumachers side so you can tell them to 'grow up' and make yourself feel mature and grown up.
The thing I personally find more amusing about the whole Schumacher and Barrichello incident is Vettel did pretty much the same thing to Alonso at the start of the previous race in Germany and no-one said anything about that.

So why is pushing someone into the pit wall at the start acceptable but pushing someone into the wall during the race unacceptable?

There is countless incidents where drivers push other competiers into the grass and pit wall on the pit straight, but when Schumacher does it then it's unacceptable?

Schumacher tries to drive Villeneuve off the road at Jerez 97 and he gets disqualified from the championship, Senna drives Prost off the track Lap 1, Turn 1 at Suzuka 90 and not that much is said about it? I know that he got disqualified the previous year for driving him off the track down at the Chicane, but there really is no consistency in the rulings in my opinion.

E: Forgot to mention Petrov deserves a note, very good driving from him today. Hopefully if he keeps this consistency up he'll have a race seat next year.
Quote from wild :The thing I personally find more amusing about the whole Schumacher and Barrichello incident is Vettel did pretty much the same thing to Alonso at the start of the previous race in Germany and no-one said anything about that.

So why is pushing someone into the pit wall at the start acceptable but pushing someone into the wall during the race unacceptable?

Because it is Schumacher and some are biased against him just because, much like a witch hunt against Hamilton/Ferrari/McLaren (delete when needed)
I totally agree with James and Mackie.
Great result for Webber, disgusting move from Schumacher.
I think Webber has been hugely impressive this year, really driving brilliantly. I was never his biggest fan, but to be honest I'm thinking of getting behind him for the championship. He has exceeded my expectations and then some.
Quote from BlueFlame :DC said something along the lines of, there was only 1 driver in the history of the sport that got DQ'd from a season, due to wrecking people and driving extremely agressively. And it was Michael Schumacher.

Senna should have been disqualified from the 1990 season for taking out Prost at turn 1 in Suzuka. Prost also has a case to answer for taking Senna out at the last chicane in Suzuka 1989. Both those moves (Senna's and Prost's) won them the championships.
Schumacher's lack of success is obviously getting to him.
Quote from wild :
...there really is no consistency in the rulings in my opinion.

I agree and this (for me) is where the main problems lie.

Without strict rulings on what you can and can not do then it essentially boils down to the stewards opinion on the day, no matter how biased or un-biased that opinion may be. Furthermore, as each race uses a different panel of stewards then those opinions will be different race to race.

It seems that Shuie will keep smiling no matter what and I feel he wrote this year off many races ago.
if it weren't for the safety car, and the penalties, this race would have sucked. it's a shame that alonso ended up on podium, but what can you do... and RB, jeez, stop winning.

now the boring 4 week wait for the next race.
Pure comedy show here once again.

I didnt watch whole race, left after 20 mins but I downloaded the Schumacher-Barrichello incident and I cant understand the decision of the stewarts.

It wasnt Schumachers intention to push BAR off the track or to crash him whatever, he just blocked him a bit and then it went all wrong.
Anyways Vettel failed again and I'm looking forward to see Webber or Hamilton winning championship.
Quote from amp88 :Senna should have been disqualified from the 1990 season for taking out Prost at turn 1 in Suzuka. Prost also has a case to answer for taking Senna out at the last chicane in Suzuka 1989. Both those moves (Senna's and Prost's) won them the championships.

Senna did it because of Jean Marie Balestre's bias towards Prost meant that Senna's "pole position" was negated because they decided to change the Pole Position slot to the dirty side of the track before the race. He said well, if 2nd grid slot means Prost gets ahead then he would go for a gap that wasn't there regardless. He didn't do it to win the championship. He did it to make a point that the FiA president at the time was biassed against him.
Quote from BlueFlame :Senna did it because of Jean Marie Balestre's bias towards Prost meant that Senna's "pole position" was negated because they decided to change the Pole Position slot to the dirty side of the track before the race. He said well, if 2nd grid slot means Prost gets ahead then he would go for a gap that wasn't there regardless. He didn't do it to win the championship. He did it to make a point that the FiA president at the time was biassed against him.

I understand the history behind it, but any way you look at it it was pre-meditated deliberate wrecking. Senna knew that if Prost was leading into the first corner he would take him off the track. If that isn't enough to be disqualified from the championship I don't know what is.
Quote from amp88 :I understand the history behind it, but any way you look at it it was pre-meditated deliberate wrecking. Senna knew that if Prost was leading into the first corner he would take him off the track. If that isn't enough to be disqualified from the championship I don't know what is.

Balestre knew that if he'd given Senna the correct grid slot, it wouldn't of happened, plus, Prost didn't really seem that bothered anyway..
Quote from BlueFlame :Balestre knew that if he'd given Senna the correct grid slot, it wouldn't of happened, plus, Prost didn't really seem that bothered anyway..

You're actually using that as a rebuttal?
I think it's pretty much significative to see that over the 4 times the championship title decided on a collision over the last 20 years, the FIA took a sanction in only 1 case, in 1997, while the one who caused the incident had already lost the championship. In the 3 other cases, the one who got it caused the incident but got no sanction. I guess it would have given a pretty bad image to F1 if the champion was disqualified from the season in 1989, 1990 or 1994, no matter what he's done to get his crown. Just imagine, you can't disqualify a driver straight away, you need to make him go through the FIA consil, and it takes time... I'm sure that a championship decided 1 month after the end of the season was the last thing the FIA needed.

Yea, okay, the championship was eventually decided on after race penalties in 1989, but this hadn't much to do with the incidents - unless you consider Balestre made Senna pay for it even if he wasn't on fault, which is probably what happened in the end
Quote from JPeace :For once I disagree with you. If you acctually watch Schumacher onboard with him, he actually takes a steady line towards the wall down the straight. It just so happened that as Barichello tried to overtake Schumacher was within seconds of closing the door. If anybody is the culprit of erratic driving it would be barrichello because once he was alongside Schumacher he weaved into the side of him "baulking" him out of the way. Not saying Schumacher was right, not saying that at all, infact I beleive that although he brings a sort of banzai Kobayashiness to the sport that is great to see, sometimes he needs to draw the line, as Coulthard said.

Rubens was eratic?
He has to move back onto the track after Michael squeece him to the pitwall and push him further to the pitlane exit (after the wall ended).

If he didn't do that he'd be on the grass, and I guess that isn't a smart thing to do at over 300km/h.

Rubens wasn't baulking Michael out of the way, he's just trying to stay on the track.

Edit, after watching a replay on Rubens on board, he didn't even weaved into him agreesively. He just moved slightly to the left to stay on the track (and then turn right immediately after to stick to the inside instead of giving Michael the same medicine). Michael then decided the move was done and all of a sudden be nice again and gave Rubens plenty of room.
Quote from Glenn67 :Well good to see Vettel is as pissed as Mark has been previosly, should make for a continued good battle to end of year

Hotlapper

Its the story of Vettels career really, trying to get every little box out of the to do list, yet always fails the most important one which is winning lol.
Kobayashi was utterly insane, agian proving hes talent, going from 23rd on the grid to 9th.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG