The online racing simulator
No Reply from most servers??
(17 posts, started )
Hi all, I have just went to play LFS online and am getting no reply from most of the rooms? Nothing on my computer or network has been changed (or even rebooted) since i last played LFS. I have it excepted in the modem and have windows firewall disabled and run no virus software. I have downloaded a fresh copy and unlocked it with the same results. Any ideas would be great!

Thanks.
Here's a screenshot
Attached images
lfs_00000856.JPG
-
(Chupacabras84) DELETED by Chupacabras84
The "no reply" is probably due to broadband limitations. I get a lot of no replies when I "timed out"/"lost connection host" and refresh the host list. Only a few servers show up, and usually with 200+ ping (when they are usually under 40 ms).

Switch TCP filter to [ON]. You're bound to see more hosts.
With it on i seem to get less showing, damn this is frustrating.
Australia?

You just have a very very bad connection, I'm afraid.

If you already have a ping of 65 to an Australian server

Most servers are European based and no, you can't drive there. All across the globe, it's impossible. Some try and get an average connection but a ban will probably follow shortly, most people have no idea how badly they are lagging... Chrashing everyone

edit: Hmm joined 2007, sounds experienced already
If you read my first post NOTHING has changed since i last played, And as for my very very bad connection (ADSL2+) you seem to think i have here it tests fine and has been the same connection i have always played with.

Thanks anyway, i would really like to see if i could get this sorted though.
#7 - Danke
If you haven't played for a LONG time, this may be the first time you've tried to list hosts using UDP...

http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... ;highlight=udp+test+patch

Quote :
List is produced much faster (by using UDP instead of TCP)

Others have posted similar problems. Sometimes it's a router issue (blocking UDP), sometimes it's an ISP issue.

Hope that helps.
I have the same problem. I can only foind half the servers, no response from the other half. I havent raced some weeks and as i raced yesterday it is like that. Anybody an idea?
Quote from nismoCat :And as for my very very bad connection (ADSL2+) you seem to think i have here it tests fine and has been the same connection i have always played with.

A bad connection doesn't have to do anything with the type of connection. ADSL2+, glas fibre, 100 Mbit... It al doesn't matter if a signal has to travel 10.000 miles ...

However a ping of 65 ms (or more) to a server in your own country, thats a pretty bad start. Sorry.

But if it has worked before it probably is your provider with problems or something that blocks your upstream like torrents, heavy down/uploading and the usual basic stuff which should be logical. In extreme cases viruses or spyware but with these kind of pings you should have a bad overall Internet experience, not just LFS.

So is it specifically LFS or not?
Quote from cargame.nl :However a ping of 65 ms (or more) to a server in your own country, thats a pretty bad start. Sorry.

Is it really that bad?

I usually only have 2 or 3 servers below 60 ms but never really had any problems with lag.
Its not bad 65 its a pretty good ping and I have no idea what he is talking about.
Ping at which you starting to notice some delay its for me 100-150 but its still playable.

Also ping 65 means that delay between your action and the moment you see it on the screen is 0,065 seconds (In case you have good framerate) so I don't think it is a problem.
Quote from cargame.nl :
However a ping of 65 ms (or more) to a server in your own country, thats a pretty bad start. Sorry.

Just a question what is your average ping if 65 is too high?
Well whatever the ping is i still should be able to see all the available servers to use.
Bump, still happening for me. Any update from the developers would be appreciated!
Still no suggestions? I need my LFS hit im so over iracing.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Any update from the developers would be appreciated!

You can't expect that a developer is going to help with every personal computer problem or issue with an Internet provider.

It's not the game itself I'm afraid.
Hi, I used to have that problem as well. What I did was I disabled IP Flood Detection in the router configuration and that seemed to do the trick. Hope it works for you too.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG