The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Well it is the Post your Car thread...
Looking for a car myself now. You guys should feel lucky. I've been scouring the net hunting down simply a decent work runner car that can tag in with kid hauling and family runner now and then with a manual transmission. Nothing has a freaking manual over here! Grrrrrr!

I have a few prospects, but it is 100 miles this way, then 100 miles that way, and another one 100 miles north, and another 100 miles south...

Plenty of cheap new cars over here now as well. Problem is, no one has the cheap ones in stock. They are all loaded up with dealer options turning a $10,000 car into an $18,000 car, and again, nothing with a manual!

A dealer should be able to get what I want, but how do I not waste my time and his time when there is nothing to look at before it is ordered? Can't test drive a stupid CVT transmission and base buying a 5 speed on that. I can get a $13k Nissan Sentra with a supplier discount for under $10k or a $9000 Nissan Versa for a work runner for probably about $6000 new, but there's nothing to go see.

It is getting increasingly frustrating buying a car over here. Everything has a girlamatic.
I know exactly what you feel like, no dealer around here has a car in stock that lets me adjust the fuel/air ratio manually.
Had a fairly pleasant surprise this morning. Heard a letter drop in my mail and inside it was all the service history that had been done for my car in Japan! The funny thing is, it's been almost a year since I bought it. I'm really surprised someone still bothered to send them over instead of throwing all the papers in to trash.

After reading and translating the receipts for a while, it became obvious that the car has been religiously maintenanced with big money over in Japan. It had even had a big service one month before being shipped over here! Guess I should send a postcard to the previous owner for taking such good care of it.
Attached images
service.jpg
Operation rear wheel arches, one down, one to go, at least the most difficult one is done now, the drivers side was significantly more rotten to begin with, the passengers one only has minor surface rust in comparison, unfortunately for me i havent got a welder though so for now i have had to build it out with filler and bridge in with fibreglass matting on the parts where there was gaps on the inner lip, i was trying to get back to clean metal using the flap disc on my small angle grinder as i usually do when doing bodywork, but some areas were so tender that by the time i got to bare metal there were parts of arch missing, a bit bodgy to fibreglass and p38 it i suppose, but it looks a darn site better than before!

Note to self, always change your shirt when you have finished using filler, as my whole room now looks like its been dusted for prints!

Once thats finished, it will be operation fix flaky paint, and operation spray the drivers door the same colour as the rest of the car, actually scratch that, may as well blow the whole car over in a new coat of white actually, would be easier probably lol
Attached images
arches.jpg
Quote from Matrixi :Had a fairly pleasant surprise this morning. Heard a letter drop in my mail and inside it was all the service history that had been done for my car in Japan! The funny thing is, it's been almost a year since I bought it. I'm really surprised someone still bothered to send them over instead of throwing all the papers in to trash.

After reading and translating the receipts for a while, it became obvious that the car has been religiously maintenanced with big money over in Japan. It had even had a big service one month before being shipped over here! Guess I should send a postcard to the previous owner for taking such good care of it.

yup. That sounds like a nice thing to do. You landed a right good un then. If it has had loads of money spent on it most likely it hasn't been thrashed.
Quote from danthebangerboy :Operation rear wheel arches, one down, one to go, at least the most difficult one is done now, the drivers side was significantly more rotten to begin with, the passengers one only has minor surface rust in comparison, unfortunately for me i havent got a welder though so for now i have had to build it out with filler and bridge in with fibreglass matting on the parts where there was gaps on the inner lip, i was trying to get back to clean metal using the flap disc on my small angle grinder as i usually do when doing bodywork, but some areas were so tender that by the time i got to bare metal there were parts of arch missing, a bit bodgy to fibreglass and p38 it i suppose, but it looks a darn site better than before!

Note to self, always change your shirt when you have finished using filler, as my whole room now looks like its been dusted for prints!

Once thats finished, it will be operation fix flaky paint, and operation spray the drivers door the same colour as the rest of the car, actually scratch that, may as well blow the whole car over in a new coat of white actually, would be easier probably lol

I really should of done mine at some point, but now they're both pretty far gone Make sure you get some waxoyl in behind the arches, slows it down so much
Quote from Luke.S :If it has had loads of money spent on it most likely it hasn't been thrashed.

Every performance car has been thrashed, Just some are more well looked after than others.

You don't buy a performance car to admire it in the garage.
Quote from Klutch :Every performance car has been thrashed, Just some are more well looked after than others.

To a degree yes, but what I think Luke means (Or at least how I interpret "thrashed") was the car being driven hard like a GTR should, but with no mechanical sympathy, i.e red lining it from cold, being rough with the gears etc.

It's actually quite scary how many people don't realize the amount of damage you can do to a cars engine when it is cold.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :To a degree yes, but what I think Luke means (Or at least how I interpret "thrashed") was the car being driven hard like a GTR should, but with no mechanical sympathy, i.e red lining it from cold, being rough with the gears etc.

Ahhh fair enough, misinterpretation ftl

Quote from Nathan_French_14 :It's actually quite scary how many people don't realize the amount of damage you can do to a cars engine when it is cold.

Indeed, my brothers pretty hard on his soarer but everyone knows JZ engines don't die :P

Got a mate with an R32 that cops cold limiter bash and burnouts alot, still going strong but i feel sorry for anyone who buys it off him as hes trying to sell it atm
Update from me time...

I had to scrap my BMW 318i Saloon due to rust I went to have the windscreen replaced to find it was totally rotted. I was gutted.

Then I bought a BMW 320 Coupe (E36) - 17" Genuine M3 alloys, full leather interior, M3 Steering wheel, etc. etc.

I then sold that, got a much, much better job and thought it was time to upgrade to something newer, quicker and more sensible...

I bought a 2001 VW Golf V5 - 2.3, 5 Cylinder, 20v. - 17" RS4 Style Alloys, Lowered 30mm, Window Tints, OnBoard Computer (MPG, Range etc.) Digital Climate Control, GTi Rear lights.

But now, the Golf is about to go up for sale. Its nice and quick, but I'm after something more "raw" and "hardcore" and something turbo. I was looking at R32/R33 Skyline's, S14a Silvias and the like, but I not longer have a traders policy so something like that is out the question.
Sheesh. thats "Raw" and "hardcore" for you guys? :/
OK all guys/car nuts, I need some advice, didn't want to post a new thread so, what would be a decent starter car, considering insurance would suck for me, especially living here, I want a decent looking car, I ain't expecting it to go 200mph :P just something that looks nice, money is no object so feel free to post any ideas, not fond on fiesta btw or old type corsa's.
Considering your age... anything "unusual" will be a little cheaper to insure.

My suggestion - Volvo 340.
Not really into Volvo's I always though they were the type of car a historian or geography teacher would drive... although they are strong cars, I was looking at Nissan Pulsar GTI-R's I know there's no way in hell I'd get insured for one though :P so maybe some sort of Clio... or Saxo (Chavtastic) although I would want a VTR since I like the trim... but again insurance probably wouldn't allow me to..
Sunny GTI.
^
Awsome car, i drove a Suzuki Swift GTI (old model) yesterday. I'm gonna buy that as daily i guess, it's fast and cheap!! Lots of fun

My car, short story:
Went drifting on dry, after a few hours my big end bearings started to rattle so i instantly stopped and never drove it again that day. Just ordered new forged big end bearing so will be replaced soon. 13-15 August i'll be drifting at Circuit Zandvoort
Mr General Lee, are you on UKMk4's? If not get on there and get your car advertised.

As for a starter car, if you like what the general lees looks like then you can get a 1.4 version of that, the insurance will also be cheap on them. (i was cheaper with a golf than a damn 1.2 8v corsa)

I'm quite confused though, if money is no object why are you worried about insurance?

Seat ibiza TDI, (come in 100 or 130bhp) both PD engines which are extremely tuneable (The 130 can hit 180bhp with just a remap) and they look rather cool.

The good thing about these new VW diesels is that they are pretty damn fast when you boot them, then you cruise along at 60mph and you hit at least 60mpg.
Oh the 'money is no object' bit just meant I can afford to buy most typical 'starter' cars, and since they would be starter cars then I figured insurance prices would be reasonable, VW Golf seems a good idea, decent looking as well, probably look more into them soon along with some of the others suggested.
i was thinking he would steal it, but that sounds right too
With any luck soon I should be the owner of an ex police Morris Minor 1000.
Quote from Klutch :Sheesh. thats "Raw" and "hardcore" for you guys? :/

Noooooo, please read Mr. I made a shit video of a doughnut so I'm cool.

I'm looking to sell the Golf to fund something more Raw and Hardcore.

If you read it properly then you would of known that.

I did put a deposit on a RB25 powered R32 Skyline with 400bhp a couple months ago, but the sale fell through. - Thats no bullshit either, I actually have the receipt here with me.

Bawbag - I am actually a member there. Only made a few posts. I'm guessing your a member there then? HERE is my profile there.
Nice, yea i've been on there for over a year or so, though only have abour 100 posts since I only just got another golf a couple of months ago.

Tidy car, shame they didn't do a V6 TDI though.
Quote from The General Lee :Noooooo, please read Mr. I made a shit video of a doughnut so I'm cool.

Nawww, did i make you angry?

Quote from The General Lee :I'm looking to sell the Golf to fund something more Raw and Hardcore.

I know, i can read quite fine.

Quote from The General Lee :If you read it properly then you would of known that.

As above, it seems you're the one that needs to learn to read, i was referring to Skylines and silvias as being "raw" and "hardcore" not your silly little golf.

Quote from The General Lee :I did put a deposit on a RB25 powered R32 Skyline with 400bhp a couple months ago, but the sale fell through. - Thats no bullshit either, I actually have the receipt here with me.

Congratulations, thats almost an every day occurrence in australia. Sux2bu
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG