The online racing simulator
The internet browser to use
(202 posts, started )
Quote from AMB :I understand that, and I can't judge something that's not been released yet, but going on old versions of IE, I will most likely not even try IE9 unless I hear it's amazing/quick etc, I've never liked the GUI of IE, the main reason I'm using FF though is because it's quick and has the addons but in terms of speed and GUI I think Opera wins for me.

Edit: Added 11 Browsers benchmarks in terms of speed on Windows OS.

Also a link to browser speeds for Mac and Windows here

You didn't try Opera 10.5 or 10.6. They have a new javascript engine compared to Opera 10.0 and 10.1 which is up to 7 times faster (carakhan or something like that).

Could you please try it out ( www.opera.com ) and show us the results? I'm interested in seeing how it would perform along the other browsers in your comparison.
I have tried them all, but why choose the next best, when you can go gold.

IE is the answer
Quote from alland44 :I have tried them all, but why choose the next best, when you can go gold.

IE is the answer

Maybe when the internet was invented, today, no.
Quote from alland44 :I have tried them all, but why choose the next best, when you can go gold.

IE is the answer

This post makes your post about how Android is great instantly invalid.

Everyone knows IE is the bastard child in the internet browser world.. I guess we know what Android is too in the Mobile phone world.

IE is the answer

Rolling on the f*ckin floor, laughing my ass out! Yes, you deserved the full phrase, not the short version.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :This post makes your post about how Android is great instantly invalid.

Everyone knows IE is the bastard child in the internet browser world.. I guess we know what Android is too in the Mobile phone world.

Dusty boy !

I don`t want to attach 1 million gadgets, to surf the net. I just want to surf.

The only thingie i have attached to my surfing, is VLC player.

IE gets you there. All the others get`s you a headache

And I told you - I have tried them all !

They failed miserably - Very indeed !
Stop failing man, IE is unbelievably bad, it takes ages to even load, it's slower then others etc..
Quote from alland44 :Dusty boy !

I don`t want to attach 1 million gadgets, to surf the net. I just want to surf.

The only thingie i have attached to my surfing, is VLC player.

IE gets you there. All the others get`s you a headache

And I told you - I have tried them all !

They failed miserably - Very indeed !

All IE gets you is a bad case of virtual Gonorrhea and Herpes.

Safari is my personal weapon of choice, but Chrome is good too.. Opera is alright, heck.. even use Firefox if you really want slow.

Just not IE. It's like having sex with a 1$ tramp without a rubber.
I just dont really like how Chrome looks.

Got used so much to FF its kind of hard to change now, even if it means faster speeds. Bad habit...

Going to try and use Chrome now though.

You can definitely see difference in speed straight away.
using IE on the internet is like racing with XRT on GTR server...you can drift with it though...and slow down everyone else...when you fail where others dont...
Quote from StableX :Great article on tomshardware testing 5 browsers: http://www.tomshardware.com/re ... orer-9-safari-5,2680.html

Opera wins and is the fastest browser.

/thread.

Well, now that everyone can see Opera is in fact the fastest browser, I guess we can move on... if anyone wants to try it out, you can get it for Mac, Linux, Windows and any mobile phone (be it smart or not) here: www.opera.com

(Apple says Safari is "The world’s fastest browser", which is obviously not true).
Glad to see that result, i'm using it since 5.xx versions, take that haters!
how can i install opera on my enV touch?

just go on opera.com? plug it in, and download it to it?
You can go to m.opera.com from your phone and the website will detect the best version for your phone. Alternatively you can download it on your pc from here: http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/pc/ and then put the files on your phone and install it on the phone.

Opera Mobile basically runs the same engine as the PC Opera browser and renders page using the phone's hardware, whereas Opera Mini renders the page externally and sends it ready to your phone. Opera Mobile is available for Symbian, Windows Mobile (also supports Flash), and Maemo. Opera Mini is available for the same phones as the Opera Mobile, with the addition of Java phones, Android, Blackberry and iPhone.

Latest versions:
Opera Mobile 10
Opera Mini 5
More Information here: http://www.opera.com/mobile/specs/

There is currently a beta available with new features and faster rendering: Opera Mobile 10.1 (it's great, I'm using this one right now).
Well, personally, I prefer Chrome. It's fast. It's simple. And it's nothing more or less than that. The moment you install it - it just runs for less than a second. Even with the plugins I have installed(fb, adblock and tab saver), it's still as fast.

I don't like FF, because you have to disable tons of stuff to make it work as fast as Chrome.
Hate Opera, because the one time I installed, it was so damn slow, that you can't imagine. And support is not as for FF or Chrome. It's much harder to find out how to optimize it. I only tried to find out, but got bored pretty quickly, and went back to Chrome.

Sure, Chrome does affect the work of your comp after running a while (I mean hours and hours of not closing it). But FF is even worse in that aspect. Can't speak for Opera here, cause I got rid of it pretty quickly - sure, it had a nice looking and inviting interface, but the truth behind it made me move on.

I'm not even going to talk about IE.

That's pretty much how I see things. And about this 'Google spying' paranoia - you're just making yourself look silly.
there was three options, mini, and about languages, i clicked on the mini, and code popped up i think
Quote from logitekg25 :there was three options, mini, and about languages, i clicked on the mini, and code popped up i think

Well your phone's browser should start the download when you click the Opera Mini link. The mini will be in Java (.jar) format (unless there is a different version for your phone). You can still download it from your pc if you don't manage to get it from your phone though.
ok il try that, but some other night
That's a pretty dumb way of autofilling forms Safari has. I don't use this stuff at all, but I've never seen a browser that would just mindlessly fill a form without asking a user if and how to do it.
Even more striking is Apple's attitude 'cause it seems they've been warned at least a month before this security flaw was publicly announced. Of course, they have shown no interest in fixing the error or at least informing the users about the risks so far... but well, are you really surprised?
Quote from MadCatX :... but well, are you really surprised?

Me? No.

Safari and Chrome both are very suspicious in my opinion. Dont know why. Im happy with my foxxy.
now running in firefox 4 beta 2...looks good but i still miss the gpu rendering...thinking about switching back to firefox
Quote from majod :now running in firefox 4 beta 2...looks good but i still miss the gpu rendering...thinking about switching back to firefox

It can be turned on in about:config I believe.
yes it can, but it still doesnt work properly

The internet browser to use
(202 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG