The online racing simulator
A serious matter - the UK has gone mad!
(33 posts, started )
91mph in a 30 zone. By a "highly trained" police c**tstable.
Hi, the reason we have things like stupid speed limits and stupid bumps is
because we have stupid people. These stupid people are on the roadways and in the political offices everywhere. When a stupid person screws up, usually another stupid person comes along and does something equally stupid to fix things. Kinda like fight fire with fire only not good like using fire to stop a forest fire. More like burning down a house to prevent the smoldering ashes from an unwatched cigarrette spreading.

They seem to do that with a lot of things lately & not just driving.
Quote from Bob Smith :It would seem that 9m/s is plenty for anyone: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/5056540.stm

And I live in the first zone to go. It's a hill. I hit 35mph on my pushbike. Uphill. (ok that last bit was a pisstake). But still.

Please tell me I'm not the whole one who thinks this is illepall

Edit: more people's thoughts: http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17586092

omg 20mph whats the uk thinking of next 10mph well only anwer i can find is SLOW DOWN speeders its not a race track in towns ect then we wont have a 20mph but some never lrean.
Quote from faster111 :omg 20mph whats the uk thinking of next 10mph well only anwer i can find is SLOW DOWN speeders its not a race track in towns ect then we wont have a 20mph but some never lrean.

I believe a lot of people are missing the point...

Yes, even though i do not drive, I hate the speed limits (especially if its 20MPH) but at the end of the day, it's there for a reason and there's nothing me or you or anybody else can do about it!
Quote from Thorvertonian :Ban cars from city centres, simple! (let the motorbikes in though!)

Make it illegal to drive a car less than 2 miles, make the lazy gits walk!

But allow buses, taxis and lorries? Well, in London, the buses, Taxis and Lorries provide about 60% of the air pollution in London, and probably about 605 of the conjestion as well. Ban buses, taxis and lorries and you'll instantly have less traffic, less pollution, and a better transport system.
Quote from Bramski :This will be all over the UK before you know it. Driving around in 3rd gear, cos lets face it, you'll never see 4th gear at 20mph, will see us using a lot more petrol, more petrol equals more tax equals more money for the government. Not to mention the money they will rake in from speeders as some people and cars just can't function properly on a road at 20mph.

Motorists in the UK are being held to ransom, if it's not one thing it's the other. If I didn't have a wife and kid to cart around (and I wasn't so lazy) I would buy a bike, or even worse, walk.

true +1
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
A little, but not as much as you'd hope I was mostly pointing out that the real culprits are not the cars as the government propoganda/tax machine would have us beleive, but the things that are meant to be saving the planet (or reducing human impact, which isn't actually proven anyway).
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#33 - JJ72
Blah...ban Land Rovers and Cayennes....mobile hurdles

A serious matter - the UK has gone mad!
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG