The online racing simulator
G25 storage
(9 posts, started )
G25 storage
Hey guys.

Most will probably agree with me that the Logitech G25 isn´t exactly the most beautiful room ornament one could imagine, nor is it very discreet with all it´s cables and shifter.

I have a fairly small desk, where I usually have wheel and shifter sitting on the left when not in use, and move it infront of me when I want to play. The only reason I use this solution, is because I can´t find any better way of doing it. What I really would like, is to be able to move it out of the way completely, but the hassle with all the cables and so forth just isn´t worth it. So I was wondering if one of the several G25 users here felt the same way as I do and was hit by a spark of ingeniuity, finding a golden middle path between these two ways of storing the wheel.

Gimme ideas
I do the same thing as you, but I put it on the right. I think the only real solution to doing this without setting-up, taking down all the time, is to have a seperate "sim" computer, that you use solely for sim-racing. Well, the only one I can think of.
In the beginnig I mounted the wheel to a small plastic table and put it below the desk like you when I was too lazy to put everything back in the box. after some time I bought a wheel stand wich is foldable and I solved all my problems. I have something tha holds my G25 firmly while playing, that wont fall on the ground due to wheel weight like the small table and that I fold away in a corner when I'm finished playing, even if most of the times I leave it unfolded to not have to readjust it everytime.
I spent some money but it was worth it.
i draged all my cables over the table and down on the backside and put all cables in a cable hose and then just put the wheel behind the monitor when not using it
Quote from Asphalt Scream :In the beginnig I mounted the wheel to a small plastic table and put it below the desk like you when I was too lazy to put everything back in the box. after some time I bought a wheel stand wich is foldable and I solved all my problems. I have something tha holds my G25 firmly while playing, that wont fall on the ground due to wheel weight like the small table and that I fold away in a corner when I'm finished playing, even if most of the times I leave it unfolded to not have to readjust it everytime.
I spent some money but it was worth it.

I'd love to have a wheel stand, but unfortunately I don't have room for it.

Quote from mblixt :i draged all my cables over the table and down on the backside and put all cables in a cable hose and then just put the wheel behind the monitor when not using it

That's actually a great idea, but As before mentioned, my desk is very small, so the monitor is against the wall.
Best place to store it is outside the window.

The thing I did, and now do with my new wheel, is put it on the side of my desk, so just drag the cables and shifter, and fast-mount it on the left side of my desk, although this was a pain in the bum with the G25, good thing I don't got that many cables anymore.
logitech should really make a small cable extension pack or dock, so you could have the wheel with just a short set of cables (say 300mm) and another longer set wired into the desktop with a simple dock type multi plug/socket to join them.

With that sort of setup, people could make all sorts of adjustable wheel mounts be it sliding, tilting, swivel or just completely remove, the connectiing cables (from wheel to pedals & wheel to supply/usb) would not suffer from all the twisting damage I've seen in some wheels.

Maybe its been looked at and disregarded for whatever reason, but I bet many would pay for the option when buying new or even as a 3rd party product.

SD.
If you were handy at DIY and/or Electrical with plugs etc

I think it could be possible to cut the cables and then make some kind of junction box and connectors then you could have the longer part of the cables permanently fixed to the desk,table or whatever and then just plug in the end on the G25/27 or any wheel into junction box

Risky job as it could:
a) Void warranty
b) ruin the wheel because u cant get the cables connicting etc
its in front of me right now obscuring half my second moniter's view

G25 storage
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG