The online racing simulator
Cops drop the Ball.
(39 posts, started )
Cops drop the Ball.
Sure glad this isn't my Family.

The RCMP says a ground and aerial search (Started 5 days late) of the area where a missing Alberta couple's burned out motorhome was found is now over.
Alberta RCMP spokesperson Sgt. Patrick Webb announced Wednesday afternoon that the search of the remote wooded area near Edson, Alta., is over, but officers will continue to follow up on tips from the public. (Five days later)
"Right now whatever tips and information have come in, our investigators are just finishing up on that," Webb said.
Lyle McCann, 78, and his wife Marie, 77, were last seen July 3 in surveillance video while at a gas station in their hometown of St. Albert, Alta. Two days later, their motorhome was found engulfed in flames in the woods near Edson.
However, the RCMP didn't begin searching for the couple until July 10, when their family reported them missing. (I would have run the VIN and made a call asking why is this motor home here and burned out)
"They were going to pick up (my sister) at the Abbotsford, B.C. airport and spend a week together camping near the Chilliwack area but they didn't show up," the couple's son, Bret McCann, told CTV's Canada AM Wednesday. "That's when we found out that they were missing."
CTV Edmonton's Susan Amerongen said Wednesday afternoon McCann told her that his mother's datebook, which she left at home, also had "Kelowna" written on the spaces for July 5 and 6.
The RCMP has characterized the couple's disappearance as "extremely suspicious."
Both police and family think the key to the case is the couple's missing green Hyundai Tucson SUV.
"We need to get the word out to people, they were towing a Hyundai SUV behind them, and that has not been found," (You think they would have noticed a tow bar disconnected and lying on the ground)McCann said. "We are very hopeful that by doing these media broadcasts that people will be alerted to this and be on the lookout . . . and phone the police." ( Yah let us do your job for you, cause you coppers haven't a clue)
"We are hoping my parents are somehow with that vehicle, they might be hurt, but we hope we can find them through that."
McCann said he continues to hold on to hope that his parents will be found, and sent a personal message to them Wednesday to let them know the search is not over.
"We know you're out there. You may be hurt," McCann said Tuesday during a televised news conference. "But we're looking as hard as we can for you."
The Mounties have faced criticism for their actions following the discovery of the burning motorhome and why more efforts weren't made to search for the couple.
"We get lots of stolen vehicles that are burned in isolated locations, that happens on a fairly regular basis," Webb said.
"Every detachment, I would venture to say every RCMP member at one time or another, has investigated a stolen vehicle or an abandoned vehicle that is burned for some reason or other."
The Mounties are now examining whether proper procedures were followed after the burning vehicle was identified as belonging to the McCanns. Officers called the couple's home and knocked on their door but did not find the (Five days later)
Bret McCann says he has faith in the RCMP.
"The RCMP are fully engaged here," he said. "They are keeping us up-to-date every day."
The RCMP has been monitoring the couple's cellphone and credit card usage, but report there has been no activity since July 5.
On Sunday, Bret McCann started a Facebook dedicated to the search for his parents. As of Wednesday afternoon, there were nearly 4,500 members.
With files from The Canadian Press

Now my question, How the hell do they dismiss a burned out motor home found in a remote area and not even run a VIN check to locate who owns it. They ( the coppers said "We come across burned out vehicles all the time, and it not a high priority for us to look for the owners.

You got some Spanlin to do Lucy, so these criminals have a 5 day head start, BTW they we're towing another car behind the motor home.

I am truly disgusted with the lack of Canada's best police force doing this. Now the cops will spend thousands of dollars trying to find out why they didn't act and these poor people will become a foot note on them (the cops) covering their ass.

You should see the Jerk (cop) talking about the case...he keeps referring to all the things they could have did better...one thing they might consider is Firing some of these lack luster cops and hire someone who cares about public safety instead of protecting their own.

Opinions welcomed, keep in mind this was a $120,000 motor coach found in a very remote area, with vehicle tracks from their towed car leading away.

I can hear the converse of the first cops on the scene,

Cop 1: What you think Herb,

Cop2: I don't know Vern, but I have a baseball game tonight so lets just right it up as : Found Burned out Motor home, no follow up necessary, just tow the mess away till someone tells us what happened...hey we can ask the public to help, they are much smarter than us after all.

Keep in mind this was the RCMP, no local cops.

Pisses me off. My thoughts go out to the Family

AAnt

If you can do a better job why don't you?
Quote from Klutch :If you can do a better job why don't you?

So your point is...trust in those that suck at their job to keep you safe...it took them two years to catch the barefoot bandit...

GM has stricker polices for hiring employees than most police forces, what you're missing is this was the RCMP...supposed to be the best of the best...to bad it wasn't like CSI where they show how it can be done...even if it's entertainment...look what happened with Natalie Hollaway...guy goes on to kill again...sloppy work by untrained cops.

Besides that Klutch, if i did that, I'd have to give up trying to figure out time travel.
Quote from AtomAnt :So your point is...trust in those that suck at their job to keep you safe...it took them two years to catch the barefoot bandit...

GM has stricker polices for hiring employees than most police forces, what you're missing is this was the RCMP...supposed to be the best of the best...to bad it wasn't like CSI where they show how it can be done...even if it's entertainment...look what happened with Natalie Hollaway...guy goes on to kill again...sloppy work by untrained cops.

His point is that you should join the RMCP.
Quote from pacesetter :His point is that you should join the RMCP.

You should look up CTV.CA and listen to this mook talk about what went wrong, I would not join any company/force with such incompetent people.

Besides...I hate most cops...and I don't have a lot to do with them...they as a general group are just ..well....ok I wouldn't want to live in a world without them...but where did they find all these bad apples.

Just look at the cop who felt that a five year olds water blaster was a threat to the G20 summit...when the mother stepped in and asked the cop to let her son go...he whipped her hand behind her back with such force as to break it...only one cop...right

Keep in mind , This is CANADA, not some backwards country

ant
Maybe they should get off the horses and use cars?
Quote from AtomAnt :You should look up CTV.CA and listen to this mook talk about what went wrong, I would not join any company/force with such incompetent people.

Then the situation will never be improved if people aren't willing to put in the effort.

You're essentially as bad as the cops in question with that statement.
Quote from AtomAnt :Keep in mind , This is CANADA, not some backwards country

Comedy gold!
Quote from AtomAnt :
This is CANADA, not some backwards country

1) This is SPARTA
2) You've got it all wrong. Australia is upside-down country. Dunno about Canada
To be fair.. All the people my age that are going to become cocks.. are the biggest dickheads I've ever met. So the fact that the RCMP suck, isn't anything remarkably new.
My first take was to find out what RCMP stood for, turns out it's Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Quote from AtomAnt :Keep in mind , This is CANADA, not some backwards country

OK. Let's see this again: Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Yes.

Well, from my experience cops are 75% of the time people who wanted and failed to "become" something else, 20% of the time people who wanted an easy way into an ill-fitting suit of authority and 5% people who genuinely want to help and care. Non-surprisingly, their IQ levels seem to follow the same pattern in terms of distribution.
Actually, at least over here, the requirements to become a cop are rather high. They range from very good (over 85% or so) academical results to, obviously, very good physical conditions. And I know that for a fact, I've seen a couple people that successfully applied, and they weren't dumb.

Now, I must say that a cop that comes by a burning vehicle and just goes: "well, let's just call the firemen, that's not our problem" is probably jaded at best, but most likely incompetent.

And, ya, the whole RCMP thing... that dates from the days we were proud to be part of the British empire. So I blame yous sires.
Two people who told police they saw an SUV matching the description of a missing Alberta couple's vehicle in Prince George, B.C., say staff at the local RCMP detachment weren't interested in the information when they reported it Tuesday.
"They said, 'Well, that was last Thursday' and we came in on Tuesday and they said it was irrelevant because it was four days ago, five days ago," Diana Bjorklund told CBC Radio in Prince George.
Bjorklund went to the detachment with her father, Evert, to report seeing a vehicle matching the description of the Hyundai Tucson, belonging to Lyle and Marie McCann, who haven't been seen since they bought gas in their hometown of St. Albert, Alta., on July 3.
Bjorklund said they had written the licence plate number down on Thursday, July 8, because the vehicle was moving so slowly. She said she was insulted at how she was treated at the detachment on July 12 and almost didn't go back.
"They never asked our names, our phone numbers or nothing," she said.
On Wednesday, RCMP spokesman Gary Godwin said police were looking for two people who showed up at the detachment and provided good information.
"This couple sounds very credible and the fact that they saw it and they had the plate number leads us to believe that they actually saw the vehicle," he said.
More witnesses come forward

Mounties in Prince George say more witnesses have now reported credible sightings of a vehicle belonging to the missing Alberta couple in the central Interior community.

I didn't mean to imply all our fine officers are this ..well...also, I will change the thread title to better reflect the content

Any Suggestions?

AAnt

I didn't read the original post, but just try and start your own Police force. See how far you get before you're thrown in jail! Don't think you can set-up rival Police forces mate lol
Quote from boosterfire :Actually, at least over here, the requirements to become a cop are rather high. They range from very good (over 85% or so) academical results to, obviously, very good physical conditions. And I know that for a fact, I've seen a couple people that successfully applied, and they weren't dumb.

Now, I must say that a cop that comes by a burning vehicle and just goes: "well, let's just call the firemen, that's not our problem" is probably jaded at best, but most likely incompetent.

And, ya, the whole RCMP thing... that dates from the days we were proud to be part of the British empire. So I blame yous sires.

Well said, the training and teachings are provided.

But this just keeps getting madding, I can't Fathom what it must be like to be the family.

Not to long ago they stood outside a bus and watched a crazy man cut the head off 22-year-old Tim McLean.

WARNING< the following link contains content that some may find disturbing.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story ... reyhound-transcanada.html

I think we as Canadians should look to the higher ups in the justice system to make Radical changes to our never tough enough policies, we are just to dam nice sometimes.

But that's just my 2 cents.

AAnt
Quote from rich uk :Maybe they should get off the horses and use cars?

Teach the Mounties to ride polar bears...now that;s crowd control.
Quote from Intrepid :I didn't read the original post, but just try and start your own Police force. See how far you get before you're thrown in jail! Don't think you can set-up rival Police forces mate lol

Ok mate...read the story...it's not one sided, the police had thier say...and so far it's everyone else right and this one force wrong, fire men don't show up at a fire and not question how the hell this got started, again the police chose to ignore them as well.

I said earlier I hate cops...well that's not true, I really don't hate anyone or thing, except those dam cd/dvd wrappers.

The point is...everyone is looking at how bad the case is going and the focus should be on this nice retired couple just going to visit people in their golden years.

Where's Gil Grissam when we need him...

From how bad they are handling this, I bet you could even do a better job..... I kid..

"I cannot tell a lie" Klutch did it!
Some say, that he learned Lerts his posting skills... all we know is.. he's called the AtomAnt!
Quote from Boris Lozac :Some say, that he learned Lerts his posting skills... all we know is.. he's called the AtomAnt!

"Who knows what Lerts in the heart of men"

(It's a quote from an old radio show called The Shadow, for those that didn't know) ( I keep forgetting how old I am, best part of growing old, that and 15% off everything)

I couldn't resit.
Quote from xaotik :My first take was to find out what RCMP stood for, turns out it's Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

OK. Let's see this again: Royal Canadian Mounted Police.

Yes.

Well, from my experience cops are 75% of the time people who wanted and failed to "become" something else, 20% of the time people who wanted an easy way into an ill-fitting suit of authority and 5% people who genuinely want to help and care. Non-surprisingly, their IQ levels seem to follow the same pattern in terms of distribution.

Bit of info to be fair.

I live in Ontario , thus the OPP or Ontario Provincial Police rule here...RCMP are only invited in if a cop goes bad or a criminal runs to another part of Canada...like your FBI the RCMP acts as an overseer of other forces, but of late, they are not looking to good.

The OPP hold a higher standard, I I will remind you...wasn't the OPP at the G20...that was Metro Toronto cops...the OPP will investigate those ...er...officers.

The very point is...before they plastered the LIC of the vehicle that was missing ( the towed one) they (the RCMP) had people saying to them...I just seen that...was it this LIC Plate...What do I win...

These people are known to me...that's the reason for my passion in this post, at the same time I was hoping someone might actually read the dam post before finding one sentence to comment on.

Like this guy "

I didn't read the original post, but just try and start your own Police force. See how far you get before you're thrown in jail! Don't think you can set-up rival Police forces mate.

Read some of the comments from friends, family, and countrymen.

Raced Hundreds, drove with thousands, lost many , won some.

One thing I've always found is, a sounding board here on LFS Forums.
Quote from Klutch :Then the situation will never be improved if people aren't willing to put in the effort.

You're essentially as bad as the cops in question with that statement.

Wasn't me that said that a 5 year vet reporter said that...i just enlighten you.

Ant
Quote from Intrepid :I didn't read the original post, but just try and start your own Police force. See how far you get before you're thrown in jail! Don't think you can set-up rival Police forces mate lol

I mean join the police force and try to make a difference you idiot, must i spell everything out for people like you?

Cops drop the Ball.
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG