The online racing simulator
"can't load skin" when playing back MPR
I recently upgraded to Z patch and grabbed a replay of one of my races from the net. When I play it, I get this long list of skins (helmet and car) as the replay starts and all the cars are white.

It looks like the list is basically every skin in the replay. I'm pretty sure the option to download skins in replays is on and the install is S2 unlocked.

any ideas?
My problem is the same. I completely reinstalled and the problem stays. I couldn't find any solution (yet).
What OS are you two running? Did you check the permissions for the contents of the <lfs_dir>/data/skins_x folder?

@MindCrime: Since it's one of your races is your car skinned in the replay? Is it possible that the rest of the grid has removed their skins from LFSW? Have you perhaps set it to download "high" resolution (1024x1024) skins and don't have any LFS credits in your account and have to revert to 512x512?
Win XP SP3 (DELL Inspiron 1501, AMD Turion 64x2, 2GB RAM). I have rights to all folders (I had no problem till the Z patch). I have credit in my account, but i have tried it in 512x512.
PS: I didn't take part of this race, only wanted to view this race's mpr.
#5 - Fox 2
I think I have a similar problem. Downloaded latest iGTC replay today, and when tried to open it, LFS downloaded only helmet skins, tho there are still 30 car skins from that replay that I don't have.
I just had the same problem today? is there a remedy for this problem?
#7 - need
I've come across this as well. Not with every replay though.
On some replays it just doesn't even attempt to go and get the skin from LFSWorld, but on others it will.
It's happening to me on Z and on Z10, with my previously existing install and with a fresh install. I've gone in and manually made sure I have full permission rights on all the folders in the LFS install. I also set the option for the game to 'ask' about downloading skins.
The replays it's happened to me are the iTTC replays.

On the last MOE round replay, it ask's, and then downloads and shows the skins fine.
On the iTTC replays, it doesn't ask and doesn't download anything.
If I go online to a server, it downloads and shows the skins fine.

Anyone had this happen to them and worked out what's wrong and how to fix it?
This happens to me also. The only logical thing i can think of that could cause it, is that the owner of the skin has removed it from lfs world.

I personally do 2 or 3 meetings a week in the banger servers and i nearly always make a new skin for each meeting. Some meetings run upto 3 classes of car from time to time, so i can often go through maybe 5 or 6 slots per week as i remove the oldest ones to make room for the new ones, and i only race the 'road' cars, so im only using 5 or 6 kinds of car. I also have my usual made skins for all cars that i use elsewhere.

If people race a lot of classes of car then i can see how the skins could have been removed quite quickly.
#9 - need
Nope, for me at least, LFS isn't even going and looking for the skins. It simply says it can't load them.
What it should be doing, is looking and seeing that the skins don't exist in the skins folder, and then asking me if I want to get them. It doesn't do that though.
Sorry to kick this up but was this ever solved?
From Z25 changelog:
FIX : Dedicated host did not save skins used in MPR (for downloads)
Quote from boothy :From Z25 changelog:
FIX : Dedicated host did not save skins used in MPR (for downloads)

The MPR still reports the correct skins through InSim on a test replay we had the problem with.
Still the most valid explanation for the error - maybe it's just some little thing missing?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG