Closed since :
Holland
Spain
#26 - AMB
Spain please.
Yea, i'm going for Spain.
HOLLAND!!!!!!!!
Holand FTW!. Cmon Oranje.
Quote from bbman :I'm going with Paul the Kraken...

im cauled paul woo :woohoo:
Holland should be the winner, just because i like that country. At this point i dont give a damn about some game points or "teh world'z bezt playas" rank. I guess football just isnt my thing.
Quote from hazaky :Holland should be the winner, just because i like that country. At this point i dont give a damn about some game points or "teh world'z bezt playas" rank. I guess football just isnt my thing.

That post makes no sense.

I guess it really isn't.
Quote from zeugnimod :That post makes no sense.

I guess it really isn't.

Myea, forgot to ask. What do you guys see in that game? Watching it from the TV, watching how a bunch of guys are following the ball all the time. I mean literally, why are you interested by this "sport"? ... just asking, so dont bother using your lighter.
Quote from hazaky :Myea, forgot to ask. What do you guys see in that game? Watching it from the TV, watching how a bunch of guys are following the ball all the time. I mean literally, why are you interested by this "sport"? ... just asking, so dont bother using your lighter.

Well, with that explanation, you won't be satisfied with/understand anything I say anyway.

The fact that you need to put "sport" into those signs says it all, tbh.

It's just a form of entertainment to watch the matches. And it's fun to have a favourite and root for your team / be happy when it wins /be sad when it loses. I could just as easily ask why some people on here and on IRC are so obsessed with Top Gear since it's "only" a series about cars.
Quote from hazaky :Myea, forgot to ask. What do you guys see in that game? Watching it from the TV, watching how a bunch of guys are following the ball all the time. I mean literally, why are you interested by this "sport"? ... just asking, so dont bother using your lighter.

Many reasons.

I could walk into a park with a a ball and gather random people who want a game, jumpers used for goalposts and we would start to have a kick about. More would join and some would leave but at it's simplest form it is the most powerful form of language.

What is hard to explain is why I follow a team where I latch onto with loyalty and love (yes I said it) For me football is all about Ross County and Scotland for me. I have followed County across Scotland, seen defeats in Alloa in the middle of December in the snow and remember the banter I had on the bus down, at the game with the Alloa fans and stewards. Then I have days when I watch MY local team walk out onto the national pitch in the final, and a tear forms in the corner of my eye because I know that this is what it's all about....banter/love/loyalty and a common goal. As for Scotland I have been in pubs and belted out the national anthem with pride with random strangers...I have cheered and celebrated goals (no really Scotland do score some) and been there in defeat. It's not logic and to anyone who has no interest in the game it's just daft, however what I have wrote there is felt the same over be it in England, Germany, Brazil, South Africa to Australia...

My old man hates sport, hates football until the County cup run. Still hates the game but loves being in the crowd and the atmosphere, loves the idea of comradeship between the fans....and yes while some take it too far (see Glasgow on an old firm day for that) generally I can easily sit down with a fan of the other side and have a beer without the want to beat each other up.
#36 - JJ72
Quote from hazaky :watching how a bunch of guys are following the ball all the time.

You don't deserve an intelligent answer until you can correctly describe what the game is about.

So I'll give you a stupid answer for your stupid question..... because its more interesting than putting a ball into a hole and running in a straight line.

Facepalm...
HAHA SPAIN WON, octopus was right again.
oh and who ever said that he was wrong in 2008, i meant, in this world cup, he never had one wrong.
btw i won 500 because of that octopus lol sports bet is the best when you have the winner already
Quote from evankoka12 :oh and who ever said that he was wrong in 2008, i meant, in this world cup, he never had one wrong.

Yeah, just rub it in the face some more. :gnasher:
i can rub it in for as long as you like buddy
Holy shit, that pass before the goal was in offside...
Goddamn!
I have a message for Paul and it goes like this: DIE YOU STUPID OCTOPUS!!! DIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from evankoka12 :i can rub it in for as long as you like buddy

4-0! 4-0! 4-0!

Buddy!

Quote from matijapkc :Holy shit, that pass before the goal was in offside...

Goddamn!

It wasn't.

During the first pass, Iniesta was passively offside but after the Dutch player played the ball, a new situation was created and he certainly wasn't offside during the second pass that led to the goal.
Quote from zeugnimod :During the first pass, Iniesta was passively offside but after the Dutch player played the ball, a new situation was created and he certainly wasn't offside during the second pass that led to the goal.

So it should be ball for Holland as he WAS in offside, doesn't matter did he scored or not.
This win wasn't legal.
Quote from matijapkc :So it should be ball for Holland as he WAS in offside, doesn't matter did he scored or not.
This win wasn't legal.

It does matter if he touched the ball or not. And he didn't.

Come on, the rule is simple.

Holland lost mainly because Robben was stupid enough to waste 2 great opportunities. Don't blame it on the ref.
Quote from zeugnimod :During the first pass, Iniesta was passively offside [...]

He wasn't. There are quite more than enough videos from the sideline showing him in a just legal position at the time of the passing but you can't find any of those because the FIFA hunts all the clips down like the FIA...
Oh, ok. The decision is even more clear then.
Quote from Mysho :Yep I also think Holland is just better, but also referee is the person who does things... 2:0 Netherlands.

And I thought I can start my visionary career, nooo octopus.
Quote from zeugnimod :It does matter if he touched the ball or not. And he didn't.

Come on, the rule is simple.

Holland lost mainly because Robben was stupid enough to waste 2 great opportunities. Don't blame it on the ref.

an iirc in Poland:
x:> I dont like all that moaning on how football is out of date... those replays, chips in ball... it will just ruin the spirit of the game - which is: referee is a dickhead.
Quote from bbman :He wasn't. There are quite more than enough videos from the sideline showing him in a just legal position at the time of the passing but you can't find any of those because the FIFA hunts all the clips down like the FIA...

He was in passive offside, but then he got out of it, and then recieved a perfectly legal pass from Fabregas, which resulted in goal..
Quote from Boris Lozac :He was in passive offside, but then he got out of it, and then recieved a perfectly legal pass from Fabregas, which resulted in goal..

Have you been watching a different broadcast? Iniesta passed the last defender the very moment AFTER the ball was played, that is NOT offside! This offside lie is being spread by dutch fans that can't accept their team being beaten fair and square, THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG ABOUT THAT WHOLE PLAY!

Holland V Spain
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG