The online racing simulator
Round 2, South City Long
Tomorrow is round 2 of the Road Sport Summer Cup, in practice I have found it to be a very pleasent combo in the FZ5

Unfortunatly I am unable to make tomorrow night, but Andrew (bozo) has kindly stepped up to admin tomorrows race, be gentle with him .

Have a great race guys, race emails will be going out tonight, I look forward to seeing the replays

Dan,
#2 - P1lot
What's the weather forcast?, sunny and calm here (hint hint)
hehehe, no wind for tomorrow, but its a cloudy evening

Dan,
Hey guys

Since I didnt race yet I tried both cars for this combo.
I got a small question; I told ya I was gonna race the RAC before, but can I still make a late switch to the FZ5?

My first thought's were also get out of my way with ur boat, but after vince told me it was a speed-boat I decided to give it a go; hooked ever since ^^

Thomm
If you havent yet raced, then you can make your car choice on the night, but once you have raced with that car you must stick with it.

Dan,
ok great thanx
#7 - XRRoy
same goes for me then
Race info emailed to all, I am a bit concerned as the server hasnt been setup yet, I spoke to them yesterday and was told it would be up, but I am just a bit worried as its not yet............

Dan,
#9 - Vince
Could there be InSim so lfs spectator works?
Yep, it's done now, thanks to the guys at 500Servers, great bunch of chaps!, Server is up, with InSim running and registered on LFSSpectator.

Have a great race chaps

Dan,
Im very sorry to Vain for that hit that send you in the barrier and damaged your car so badly.
I must apologise to NukeLane for slapping his side when catching a slide. I think it contributed to him getting disconnecting
Even though I had a good battle with jojo and XRRoy, I could not enjoy the race because I was contemplating quitting regarding the lap 1 incident.
was a nice race

grats to hannu for the win!
i was so kean to pass him so i made alot of mistakes leting him go by 3.7s, but i cutted the lead to 2 second but then misteks again

ah well it happens, was great race
#14 - Vain
Congratulations to the winner.

My race was pretty similar to my Blackwood race. I began the race between middle and rear of the field (because I still don't have a setup that really works for that car), drove one corner and was involved in an accident (which of course wasn't intentional, just racing-incidents) that put me into the back of the grid. After limping back to the pits to repair my broken suspension I already lost about one and a half minutes within the first lap.
Differently to the Blackwood-race I managed to finish the race - this time my H-shifter held perfectly.
Though, after 11 laps, my consistancy plummeted because I was lapped and couldn't get into a rythm anymore at all.

So all in all my RRSC-races haven't been that great yet.

Vain
***THREAD HIJACK***

Seems your all having fun. Congrats to the winner. and hope yo al had a good race..

Just wondering if there have been any server problems or anything. Cheers

***END THREAD HIJACKING***
Well this was the worst combo from the list for fz5 i reckon... Qually went quite ok and got 3rd place. In the first lap i could hold off Misko and actually follow the 2 RAC's in front. I realised there pace was just way faster then my fz5 and i backed off and tried to drive it home... After a while Misko was closing the gap in his lightweight RAC and i had a hard time keeping him off my ass.. Brought it home in 3rd wich was the best result possible i guess.

From now on the tracks get better for fz5

Grats to the MUROC guys Hannu and Alles But i'll be back with the speedboat

Cheers,
my first race in this league and i really enjoyed it. Had such a great fight with Jojo and P1lot resulting in a 8th place. Think it's pretty good with my heavy weight boat. Looking forward to the next event
Shame, I was gonna enjoy this race but got disconnected just before qualifying while practicing and getting quicker and couldn't reconnect......
p1lot.. don't feel to bad It's just something that happens. And I'm not even sure if it was you. Didn't watch the replay yet to see what happend. I suddenly got slammed into that pit-wall and probably damaged a lot but didn't notice it until I went full-throttle into the straight when suddenly in the corner I lost all grip and slammed again into the pitwall at start/finish.

So I decided to put it in reverse because I was about 25 meters away from the pit entrance. Then when I made it to the entrance I got spectated.
Ofcourse I wanted to re-join so I could at least score some points for my team and myself. But then I had to find out that the server had no-mid race join. WTF???
Since when are servers on this option during a league race. But that's probably just my opinion.

However because of this option all time put into this race was gone in less then 1 min. so that really pissed me off.
And lately for some reason this year in all league races I have joined I have been victim of T1 crashes, race-incidents and whatever is possible in a race. So my enthousiasm is getting less and less in this sim.

And I know and realise it's not intentional p1lot. Please don't feel to bad about it. Now you make me feel bad because you feel bad. hehe..
#20 - bozo
I was all set too enjoy the race from the rear, and maybe pick off one or two people along the way. But, less than 100 metres from the startline I managed to miss the fact that I was in fact in front of somebody, and pulled across Col. He braked and hit my rear quarter, which caused his slide (screenshot captured, and awaiting Danowat to load the new gallery photos I took last night). I was very sheep-ish about that, because in effect I was overtaking and should have left space. Sorry again Col

The rest of my race was fairly routine, letting one or two faster drivers who were caught up in the other lap one incident past without too much difficulty (I knew I was rather slow), and then got caught up by Hannu and Paps on the penultimate lap.

My target for the next race is to be a little more competitive. In OLFSL, I tend to have some good battles in the mid-field. There again, in OLFSL I spend time hotlapping and on public servers to gain experience - the latter helping with racing lines and the occasional setup assistance. I couldn't find anybody driving this combination prior to the event whenever I looked - apart from one occasion on 27/5, I think.

Enjoyable race overall though - apart from my start incident. Thanks to everyone for making my role as admin easy
Sorry I had to bail out during qual, hope you all had fun.
I'll be back for the next one.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG