The online racing simulator
Clutch Pedal w/o Wheel?
(10 posts, started )
Clutch Pedal w/o Wheel?
I've seen several pictures of people that have a clutch pedal for their sim racing setup. I've noticed that I dont see a 2nd wheel anywhere so my question is this. Is there a single pedal that I could buy to just hook up to my PC? or as it seems many sawed a pedal set in half and stuck it next to the other set of pedals and the wire goes off picture. I'm not quite sure wether they just hook it up to a PC or need a 2nd wheel that hooks up to the PC also.
One I saw on these forums 'used to be' a Microsoft Sidewinder Wheel, but the owner had dismantled the wheel, taken out the relevant controller board and taped it to the underside of the pedals (discarding the rest of the wheel).
Well if sombody could pull up a tutorial for me to do that, it'd be very appreciated. I've been looking and I can't find anything. I have an old Microsoft Sidewinder wheel I don't use anymore. So I'm thinking that might be the one I'll use.
#4 - Vain
There are some construction-plans in the Do-It-Yourself-Hardware-section of the rsc-forums. I'm already planning on turning a spare pot from my FFB-shifter into a gas-pedal and use my MOMO-pedals as clutch and brake (in my own car the clutch and brake come from the top, only gas is fixed on the bottom, so I turn the MOMOs around and put a gas-pedal together).

Vain
I got so excited when i realised i had an extra pair of pedals, but i dont have an extra wheel. I could always go out and buy a really really cheap wheel......

Now if only i could figure out how to download a wheel off the internet
Well you would still have to hook it up woulkdn't you? and it hooks up through the wheel,. so that wouldn't work unless they are USB
dont some companies make seperate clutch pedals? like BRD or Frex or act labs? (dont think act labs make them anymore)

http://www.actlab.com/Products/pedal.htm (i believe hte clutch pedal part is detachable and can also be bought seperately, beofre it was disconitnued, but u might find some on ebay)
Yeah, they do. ECCI and lots of other companies. But im not going to pay like 100 dollars for a clutch pedal Plus those clutch pedals only work for ecci pedals.
#9 - Dumpy
Bump =-)

Anyone hear of any cheap single clutch pedals, or a DIY method that doesn't require years of soldering experience?
Buy a cheap wheel, saw the pedals in half = clutch.

And no, there isn't actually any separate clutch pedals for sale that I know of. Act-Labs clutch is integrated to the whole performance pedals package and can't be bought separately. You could also just wait for the G25 to arrive.

Clutch Pedal w/o Wheel?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG