The online racing simulator
Quote from tristancliffe :Since when is LFS 'out of date'?

I totally agree with you. There were only plans. And yes, since when? I can't see any notes from the developers which say they have to make some updates e. g. once a year to keep LFS up-to-date. They are free and they can make updates whenever they want to.

Anyway, it's a bit sad to look at some posts in this thread, where some people say/think that the Devs are dead or stopped working on LFS - in fact they announced that they are working on tyre physics, planning to include a new car and a new track - and many people actually wish to have some new cars and/or tracks and/or better physics.

Personally, I am happy that they are making some progress and haven't given up yet. I can imagine how it's difficult to develop this kind of simulation (tyre physics) to make it efficient and without any bugs, because there are lots of "strange" situations which can a car get into.
Quote from tristancliffe :If you drink the drink I give you, that won't matter.

Does it make me forget the whining?

Give me the frikkin bottle then
It'll make you forget a lot of things. A downside is not being able to sit down comfortably the next day
:drink:

Where is the 4001th Scawen's post? Oh... I know, he probably posted the last test patch in the secret beta testers forum and we will soon get the public test patch
No, actually. Same as last time, just an explanation in moderators chambers why he has given infraction/ban/whatever to someone.
Live For Speed officialy deleted in my PC
im selling my g27
UK kart meet guys should make some banners and go protest in front of Scawens and later Erics house.

While you're at it, take some photos of their monitors. :cookiemon
LFS is like a drug, and the landlord does not give more, began the dependence of all, we want to supplements, more .. poisoned and disappeared ... and how much is left to the next dose LFS :irked:
Quote from AMB :Your that crasher.... how's Phlos doing these days?

whos Phlo? crashing was fun, but racing is even better!
Quote from uiop :whos Phlo? crashing was fun, but racing is even better!

Nevermind about Phlos, but yeah racing IS better
Quote from richo :He is right though , the only signs of life is that the servers are not empty and people still post in this forum .

The signs of life are that the users are still active , i have said it before if your first point of contact with LFS was the official web site how could you not conclude that the sim essentially is over and out?

Would you upon looking at the date of the last update (thats website update) was years ago even bother downloading the trial or heading to the forums?

And before everyone jumps in and rips what i have said to shreds i am not asking for anything or whining about content .

Nice point.
If a community has to live JUST upon its users while seeing its creators doing everything but spending time on the game then i think there's really very little to joy about.
And before you jump on me i say it's perfectly fine if they want to stop,i just pretend they had the decency to tell.
Quote from tristancliffe :I think it's a massively difference. I plan to win my championship this year, but I can't promise it. I plan to have sex tonight, but I can't promise it. I plan to enjoy my lunch break in the sun today, but I can't promise it.

Since when is LFS 'out of date'?

There is a difference in that you don't print your plans on a website , and i,m sure your aware that when something is made public no matter how pie in the sky people will make the assumption that in some way it will happen or at least you will try to make it happen.

That is the situation that MacFox is talking about , and he is right there is no need to split hairs because we knew exactly what he was saying.

I find it so odd that we debate black is white over and over.
Quote from richo :There is a difference in that you don't print your plans on a website , and i,m sure your aware that when something is made public no matter how pie in the sky people will make the assumption that in some way it will happen or at least you will try to make it happen.

That is the situation that MacFox is talking about , and he is right there is no need to split hairs because we knew exactly what he was saying.

Quote from richo :There is a difference in that you don't print your plans on a website , and i,m sure your aware that when something is made public no matter how pie in the sky people will make the assumption that in some way it will happen or at least you will try to make it happen.

Big quote.
Looks like someone is really happy with analyzing the situation from a legal point of view.
In fact legally they owe us nothing,and you guys are right saying we don't have ti expect anything.
But,since this is more than a commercial game made to build an infinite stack of euros and was characterised by the constant developers reports(demonstrating an interest for what the users want to see and play),i think some of us are right saying that,from a friendly point of view,someone did either lie or not tell the real truth.
I prefectly understand that devs have a life and bla bla bla but a community can't live on promises written on a page and never finished(so far).
I can't take them to the court,that's for sure,but i don't have the best opinion about them either.
I'm really getting tired of the whole arguing about the devs owing us something or nothing, or this and that being promised or not.

The devs never promised more content, and you paid for what you got. The rest is, indeed, extra. Stop arguing about that.

Now, that said, it's not a reason to work this slow, and release so few updates about what's going on.

Oh, and a nice point was brought up about the fact that if a website hasn't been updated in a while, people who arrive on it for the first time will sometimes move on without further thought (I probably would).
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG