The online racing simulator
Problems running a dedicated server
Hello everybody.. I'm having a little bit of trouble running LFS Dedicated server.I want to host the server on a PC that runs 24/7 but I dont have a static IP adress.I set up the Dedicated server in demo mode, but instead my static IP I enter the hamachi IP adress and when I try to enter the server I immedietly get the error "Не е получена информация за пистата" (poor translation to English "No information about track" :ashamed:

So... my question is. IS there any way to run the dedicated server with hamachi?
#2 - VoiD
You don´t need hamachi, just leave the ip-address empty.

Quote from setup.cfg :
// optional: local specified ip address
//ip=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

And what will my friends have to type in when they want to connect?
The host name of the server.
#5 - VoiD
They could use the ingame serverbrowser or LFSworld...

Give your server a unique name and all will be fine.

for example:
Quote from setup.cfg :
// host name
/host=OpelRacing Demo

http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Hosting
It wont work.. I tried... "Client connect : Connect Failed"
The server is not listed :@
To connect to your own server you must use this IP: 127.0.0.1
Others are able to connect through the server name or your public IP

BTW, LFS i not compatible with Hamachi to avoid piracy
Have you opened a port on your router?because the firewall is blocking?
Depending on your router you might need to forward tcp/udp 63392. When you're sure firewalls and routers aren't blocking incoming traffic to LFS, the attached should work fine.

Remote users: connect to your server from the connection list
You: connect to your own server by joining a local area network game with your LAN IP.

Additionally: there is no legit, practical reason to use Hamachi for LFS. The only reason is trying to play online with a cra*hacking cough* client. End of.
Attached images
lfs-setup-ip.jpg
lfs-jsh-lan-ip.jpg
I do not use a firewall. The modem itself has 4 slots for other PC's. I entered my local IP adress and connected to the server,but my server is not listed in the page with the servers in LFS..
Port forwart to the PC you are running the dedi server.You have to do this because the incoming connection dont know on which PC the server is.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG