Hi , i get softh not working :S
I have 2 desktops and using windows 7 64 bit

here my setup :
;
; SoftTH 1.08 configuration file
; by Kegetys, [URL]http://www.kegetys.net[/URL]
;
[config]
; deviceIDLeft/right: Direct3D device ID's of left and right monitor, or 'auto' for automatic
; secondaryWidth/Height: Left&right monitor resolution, or 'auto' to use same as middle screen resolution
; secondaryRefresh: Refresh rate of left & right monitors, or 'auto' for automatic
; secondaryFormat: Secondary device image format, 'RGB32', 'RGB16' or 'RGB16D'.
; borderSize: Size in pixels of frame border between monitors that is discarded
; noHotkeys: Set to 1 to disable all hotkeys
; noOSD: Set to 1 to disable on-screen display when changing settings (Also disables GDI+ initialization)
deviceIDLeft=0
deviceIDright=1
secondaryWidth=auto
secondaryHeight=auto
secondaryRefresh=auto
secondaryFormat=RGB16D
borderSize=0
sideExtraWidth=auto
noHotkeys=0
noOSD=0
[Direct3D]
; ** Advanced setting for Direct3D games **
; lensCorrection: Lens correction, set to 1 to enable support. >1 to enable by default
; lensCorrectionEdge: Lens correction edge offset
; hideNondefaultDevices: Hides all but the default adapter from the game
; forceHorizontalFOV: Forces horizontal FOV to be three times as wide
; forceResolutionWidth/Height: Forces device to be created with this resolution
; force16bitDepth: Force game to use 16bit depth buffer, can improve performance and reduce memory use
; sleepBeforeRead: Time in ms to sleep before reading back buffer data from video card
; useMultihead: Uses multihead features of primary card if available, can increase performance and reduce memory use
; delayedPresent: When useMultihead enabled, delay primary monitor present to sync with secondary head
; swapOrder: Swap order at which the frame contents are copied
; d3d8dll: Path to D3D8.dll/D3D9.dll to use or auto for automatic (system32 dir)
lensCorrection=0
lensCorrectionEdge=0
cylindicalCorretionAngle=0
hideNondefaultDevices=0
forceHorizontalFOV=0
forceResolutionWidth=0
forceResolutionHeight=0
force16bitDepth=0
sleepBeforeRead=2
useMultihead=1
delayedPresent=0
swapOrder=0
autoSquash=0
d3d8dll=auto
[hooks]
; Win32 API hooking settings - Used for some extra compatibility and game-specific fixes
; doHooking: Enable/disable hooks in Direct3D, with OpenGL hooks are always enabled
; doScaleMouseCoordinates: Scale mouse coordinates for getCursorPos to fix games which do not handle negative screen coordinates properly
; doScaleFromLeftScreen: Spread out mouse coordinates from left screen to full width
; doScaleWindowRects: Scale focus window WindowRect
; doScaleClientRects: Scale focus window ClientRect
; mouseXoffset: Number of pixels to offset mouse cursor position in X axis, to fix misplaced cursor due to negative screen coordinates. auto = use X resolution
doHooking=1
doScaleMouseCoordinates=0
doScaleFromLeftScreen=0
doScaleWindowRects=0
doScaleClientRects=1
mouseXoffset=auto
; Triplehead screenmodes to add to resolutions list (width multiplied by 3 and border added)
; 'auto' adds current primary monitor desktop resolution
; Must be last in this file
[modes]
800x600x60
800x600x75
800x600x85
1024x768x60
1024x768x75
1024x768x85
1280x960x60
1280x960x75
1280x960x85
1280x1024x60
1280x1024x75
1280x1024x85
1600x1200x60
1600x1200x75
1600x1200x85
auto

I using 2 as my standart desktop

who can help me please ?
please help me .
i am trying it al a few weeks but its not working
Try.....

deviceIDLeft=-1
deviceIDright=1

But if your using monitor 2 as main display you might want to change it.
So that says the following...

deviceIDleft=1
deviceIDright=-1

You should get some results after changing above settings..
But as for the rest of that file....It should be "OK" like it is.. an if not

Try the "Read_Me"
Lfs detect now 1 big screen that is good but when i install the graphic to 4508X..... then chras't the game
?
what now
LFS uses a multi-screen feature now. (I'm sure everyone is aware) I use that but I don't have mine maximized. I just think that the feature in LFS is easier than SoftTH in my opinion.
Quote from krugmander :LFS uses a multi-screen feature now. (I'm sure everyone is aware) I use that but I don't have mine maximized. I just think that the feature in LFS is easier than SoftTH in my opinion.

Krugmander, are you using two graphics cards? If so how do you get NFS to see the second card? Or does NFS use one card and you have to run in a window?
I have one nvidia Gforce 9600GSO It has two ports for monitor... For LFS (I don't play much or any NFS) I have it windowed and I stretch it along both monitors.
Sorry, I meant LFS. I've tried windowed mode and stretching the screen across 3 monitors but the frame rate really suffers. Have you try it with SoftTH and if so have you been able to get it on both screens?
To do it on three monitors, stretching a window is not the way to go. Use SoftTH, or TripleHead2Go.

The multi-monitor support in LFS does not support multiple outputs, it is there so that it corrects the view of having super wide FoV settings.
IMO, you probably do not need SoftTH anymore. I think that with Z28, two monitors will work just fine as long as you have it setup correctly in the driver utility. If you span the second monitor horizontally, you should get one single resolution. With that, you go into LFS, and you set that specific resolution, and change the displays to
- 1 - 1 - 0 (if you have one left monitor, one main, and zero right)
- 0 - 1 - 1 (if you have one right monitor, one main, and zero left).

I used SoftTH back then, but unless you are running some older version of LFS for some odd reason (XRT =) cough), then it is unnecessary, as SoftTH would simulate a 3 monitor setup, and what that does would be to make you lose frames.
Quote from GenesisX :IMO, you probably do not need SoftTH anymore...

This is wrong if you has Windows Vista or Windows 7, that doesn't allow you to use more than one monitor in full screen.

The only way to go is SoftTH or MatroxTH.
Quote from GenesisX :IMO, you probably do not need SoftTH anymore. I think that with Z28, two monitors will work just fine as long as you have it setup correctly in the driver utility. If you span the second monitor horizontally, you should get one single resolution. With that, you go into LFS, and you set that specific resolution, and change the displays to
- 1 - 1 - 0 (if you have one left monitor, one main, and zero right)
- 0 - 1 - 1 (if you have one right monitor, one main, and zero left).

I used SoftTH back then, but unless you are running some older version of LFS for some odd reason (XRT =) cough), then it is unnecessary, as SoftTH would simulate a 3 monitor setup, and what that does would be to make you lose frames.

What do you mean "lose frames". And yes, with 2 monitors you might get away with only LFS, (I'm not sure I've not done that). I am talking about 3 monitor setups, you still need SoftTH or TripleHead2Go to make it work properly.

If by "lose frames" you mean the framerate may be slower, well that is obvious - your increasing the fill area; by a lot. At 5040x1050 I get a 60-80 fps on average, on the highest LFS settings. It might dip to the 50's from time to time but that is typically CPU related.
Well I finally got it working with SoftTH and it is awesome. I'm not dropping any frames at all. It runs very smooth. Now if I just just figure out how to setup a car I'll be in business. LOL
Unless I have some problems with recognition of numbers, I think the OP states 2 desktops or I'd assume Monitors, not 3.

And in the case of using SoftTH on a dual monitor setup, you are only seeing two monitors, but rendering as if there were three. I'm saying that you'd lose frames in the case that if you were only running two, why render three?

Quote :
This is wrong if you has Windows Vista or Windows 7, that doesn't allow you to use more than one monitor in full screen.

I think that it is not dependent on the OS, but the program that you are using to control display output. I'm not sure what you mean by monitors in full screen. Isn't it selecting resolution and pressing Shift+F4 thereafter? And if what I did was legit, I got my dual monitor setup working in Windows 7 too. The only reason why I went back to XP was because it was just more responsive.
You can execute LFS in windowed mode or in full screen.
In Windows XP and earlier the driver of your graphic card let you choose "span mode" to have one big monitor, while in Vista/7 this is not possible, making you not able to run LFS (or any other program) in several monitors while in full screen. But you can run it in windowed mode in as many monitors as you want.
3 screens not working setup
i am haveing problems trying to get the 3rd screen to work my card is ati hd 4870 on win 7 64x and same problem on 2nd pc is vista with ati card hd5750 can any help me plz many thanks

SoftTH not working
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG