The online racing simulator
LLSS 2010 Round 5: Race Discussion
Hey...

before one forgets, tomorrow is the Night before the 500, means: there 's some racing going on. Contrary to the real life "Night before the 500" Event, we just have one class of racing and we've the same track we use at the 500, the Kyoto Oval (Indy 500 - Indianapolis Motor Speedway at Speedway, Indiana - and the Night before the 500 - O’Reilly Raceway Park at Indianapolis, Indiana)

LFSCART Light Stop 5 will be regular point scoring event again, with feature and sprint race with the difference of 'just' turning left. It will also mark the halftime point of the Oval racing. After this there are 4 road courses and two ovals.

Okey... To ensure our fellow Americans can race, the schedule is based on the one for the Speedweeks 250:

17:55 UTC: Qualifying start (60 minute window)
19:00 UTC: Sprint Race Start (21 +2 laps / 30 minutes)
latestly 19:35 UTC: Feature Race start (54 +2 Laps / 60 minutes)

Both races are using rolling start, so there shouldn't be a problem with an application.

Let's race it oval style!
Oh man, in there Finland is Midsummer Day, so I'm not maybe coming to this event, I can drive in qualifying maybe. Good luck to racers
I call Dennis for the win.
By the way, I won't be around for this, so please be nice on Thilo etc

The whole 60 minutes will be open for qualifying any stragglers, the race cannot start any earlier than 18:55 UTC to accommodate any straggling Americans (sorry we have to work sometimes ).

I'll be home about 15 minutes after the feature race ends, convenient, eh I'll take care of the mprs then, so don't worry, but of course autosave is always nice :P
Wowweeee flipped with Chris and another SR driver that sucked was only spining then got tiboned. no idea what happened believe another car hit me in the rear and pileup started
Race 1:
Got caught off guard with the SC pulling in so quickly to the pits. Tried as hard as I could to get SC speed asap that I overrevved the engine and spun....engine damage went from P1 to P6. (should have just barreled into the pits in hindsight....)

LFS then minimized and I spun again this time into Elliot. Race over.

Race 2:
LFS Minimized again, and I spectated asap to make sure I didnt crash into anyone. Race over.

Sh*t round for me period. I can only hope that the 500 tomorrow goes better.

EDIT: Congrats to liane on the race 1 win. You drove well.
Most of the guys in mid-field showed that they have absolutely no idea a) How to draft safely. b) What's the actual point of drafting(taking advantage from the slipstream in a calm, organised fashion. And not trying to block the cars that does not belong of your squad).

Result: I get taken out from behind for the second time in 3 races.

Sad.
sorry yan :/ and sedwick got u with lag
edit. nathan lamothe they told you nto to bump draft for a reason........
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :doh:
What a race. Nothing good, just accidents for me...

In qualifying I drove quite good and got 22nd place, not bad for me.

Sprint race went quitelly good too. One crash if I remember right. I was on 1st place little moment (), but I didn't heard the orders and got back to the line. End race went normally. 20th place is not so bad :P

Feature race was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
4 pitstopts about crashes, 1 drive-through and got out from the race, judge's order. :doh:
Nothing else to telling about feature race..

Hopefully next race will be better. South City next track, SO is awful track, luckily I can't come to race. Good luck to South City.

#10 - CSF
Thank **** thats the end of oval! :|
f*ck
Apologies to all the guys I took out in T3 at lap 20, to Elliot Southerton for crashing into him (thanks FFB fail) and to Randy for sort of pushing him into a DNF after I couldn't break enough.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Most of the guys in mid-field showed that they have absolutely no idea a) How to draft safely. b) What's the actual point of drafting(taking advantage from the slipstream in a calm, organised fashion. And not trying to block the cars that does not belong of your squad).

This was pretty frustrating. I wanted to yell at lots of people.
Yeaaahs!
appears my last wreck was lag related when me and boothy scrubbed was safe but 35 doesnt watch for LFS yellow flags...
I was trying to leave a bit of room for Gav coming up my inside...
Quote from pik_d :Session of incident: Feature

Lap AND Timecode of incident: lap 38, 37 minutes 20 seconds

Cars involved: 22 S.Rose, 23 N.Lamothe

Brief description of incident: Car 23 sweeps down 2 car widths and hits me, causing me to lose many positions.

Im sorry for this incident, it was definitly my fault, i didnt look left before going that way and accidently sweeps you :/
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
It was blatantly obvious some people did not have the foggiest what to do on an oval. Funny that every time I managed to get some decent drafting formation together with even just 1 other person we caught up with the cars ahead, says it all really.
Quote from CSF :Thank **** thats the end of oval! :|

You must have been really impressed with my drafting skills at the end of the race, yes?

Quote from Deutschland2007 :Apologies to all the guys I took out in T3 at lap 20, to Elliot Southerton for crashing into him (thanks FFB fail) and to Randy for sort of pushing him into a DNF after I couldn't break enough.

What could you do? I was almost stationary on the racing line and you were in traffic. Hell, it was my fault for being there so I should be the one apologising.
#22 - CSF
Quote from phatdragonx :You must have been really impressed with my drafting skills at the end of the race, yes?

What happened there? All I felt was a hit and you spinning...
Quote from boothy :I was trying to leave a bit of room for Gav coming up my inside...

yea i saw in replay, if id know we were 4 wide i would have not cut down but for 2 wide (3 actualy but nate was far out) my line was to tight to you, not your fault at all and was fun racing you for as little as i could. i only got caught by you guys so quickly because a ER driver i believe elliot shut the door on me and forced me to slow up.
Thanks to Spencer for bringing out the caution in the Sprint Race, I owe you one! Seriously, I feel a bit sorry for JJ (for being caught up behind the SC going into pitlane) and Dennis though.

Racing was pretty enjoyable at the top, judging by the responses, there has obviously been quite some mayhem further down. Thanks to all the drivers and the admins.
Grats for your first win Liane :P reminds me Danica Patrick

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG