The online racing simulator
Racing technique
(34 posts, started )
#26 - Vain
The difference between Momo and DFP is basically that with the DFP you trade good looks for 900° rotation-angle.
It doesn't matter what you spend your money on. I chose the Momo because I find the looks of the DFP rediculous, but others may have other preferences.
But if the G25 turns out to be decent you should definitely head that way.

Vain
Thanks. I was put off by the Playstation style buttons. The greater range of movement sounds appealing though.

G25:

"The G25 wheel turns 900 degrees lock-to-lock"

"The Logitech G25 Racing Wheel is compatible with ... Live for Speed"

http://www.logitech.com/index. ... N,contentid=12020,crid=34

$(US)299.99 - that may be an issue...
The Playstation wheel buttons may look a bit silly, but having lots of buttons is very helpful. I only see six on the momo, the PS button layout gives you way more buttons, and I use them all - the directional buttons for looking around, the l1 / l2 / r1 / r2 buttons for F9 thru F12, start for the horn, and I have things like the pit lane limiter and the handbrake mapped to the cross / square / circle / triangle buttons. I'd be a bit pushed with only six buttons on my wheel...

if momo has more buttons I can't see then this is negated, of course.
Quote from IReallyHateBureaucracy :Well, decisions get made for you... the plan was pass the exam, get MCSE, get a job, buy 7900GTS. Now it's the same but I also buy a wheel to replace my broken joystick.

I passed. That's the first two out of the way...
Hotlaps
I find one of the best things you can do is download some of the fastest hotlap replays, and see what lines they are using, brake and entry points, even listening to throttle changes and watching steering inputs helps you see what it takes to get a car around the track that fast.

I always learn something, and sometimes my apex point was just horrible when comparing it to a WR replay. Braking too late rather than too early will always cost you more time.

As mentioned, a wheel, while not strickly neccesary, is a massive bonus. I'd get something with FFB (I don't have that on mine, but I miss it just the same) if your able. The level of car control you lose out on when you can't feather the throttle and brakes is a lot. Trail braking, using the throttle to turn the car, etc... these are all almost impossible to do with a mouse, but very rewarding when you get them down pat on a wheel setup.

2 cents.
I watched the WR replay of BL1 in FXR, got the setup (bloc106 or something, I've fiddled with it a little) and got from 1:16 to today's low of 1:09.98 - when my DFP gets here I'm hoping to improve further... Amtrak says it's on its way.:woohoo:
where do you guys download these WR replays from?...as in...exact location
#33 - Jakg
Quote from IReallyHateBureaucracy :I watched the WR replay of BL1 in FXR, got the setup (bloc106 or something, I've fiddled with it a little) and got from 1:16 to today's low of 1:09.98 - when my DFP gets here I'm hoping to improve further... Amtrak says it's on its way.:woohoo:

w00t, one of my fave combos! altho 1:09's are rly good! (all i can get is about the 7.5 mark!)
-
(IReallyHateBureaucracy) DELETED by IReallyHateBureaucracy
No, demo racers can access it too. Sign in with your LFSW username (the same one you use for this forum I think), and click on Hotlaps. Then choose hotlap charts or WR list (or something), and click on the time. You'll then save the spr to your computer - put it in LFS\data\spr, and access it in game.

But you can only watch BL/XFG/XRG/XRT replays with a demo licence.

Racing technique
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG