The online racing simulator
#1 - qubix
G 210, 1280x720 - what FPS may I get?
Hi!

I am usually racing on a rig with 3GHz core2duo, 2G ram and ati 4850. It's more than enough for 1650x1080.

I also have a PC that I use only for watching photos on my TV, divx and mp3 with Ubuntu and XBMC.

I wonder: how fast would LFS go on this rig:
Celeron 2.53
512 ram
Nvidia G 210 512 ram
resolution: 1280x720 (on a HDready plasma)

I can live without anti-aliasing, advanced texture filtering and complex shadows.

Any experiences?

regs
I used a Celeron 3-4 years ago. Got 30 FPS max. (celeron 2,6Ghz, 1G ram, 9600XT)
Celerons are crap anyway............wonder why Intel made them in the first place. Jokes aside Celerons does not have the necessary performance clock:clock to its pentium or the core brothers. Getting a descent playable fps is hard to achieve in a lower end platform
I think anik is just curious how LFS would perform on that particular computer, as he already has another gaming rig which he plays regularly on.

I agree with both responses, Celeron is very weak, in fact the entire system is weak, so 30 fps would be normal for such a system.

On another note, I notice you said it's a plasma tv. I think it might not be a good idea to have a computer hooked up to a plasma tv, it could cause burn-in for parts of the screen which are always visible (such as the taskbar in Windows). If things remain on the screen for too long, they will be burned into the screen and if you start watching a movie or something you might see a ghost of your taskbar. It's a big disadvantage that plasma tvs have, that's one reason why they're not as popular as they once were.
Gotta correct that slight mis-conception on the plasma issue. Although the ghosting effect aka IR is still there no recent plasma tv's after 2007 have burn-in issues dues to gaming and/or pc use, because the production process for panels are better and manufacturers have tech's to get rid of ghosting and pixel displacement to not let Ir get in the way . I should know because I own a 09 sammy 50" 1080p plasma. No lcd LED or projection can come close when it comes to perfect color production and motion adaptability. The burn in scare tactic is only used by numpty best buy employees. True HT devotees will tell you that plasma is the good option when it comes to good gaming.

EDIT: yeah I am a bit skeptical about the performance on those particular chips.....
#6 - qubix
Quote from anik360 :Gotta correct that slight mis-conception on the plasma issue.

+1 for that. I have noticed no burn-in issues, and I usually have some news channels running on that TV with the rolling bar and various graphics elements always in the same places.

30FPS is enough I guess since I'll be playing from a few meters away. I'll drop the detail setings to low. I'll just hook up wireless mouse and keyboard, do a "LFS FTW" entry in grub and put LFS in autostart in windows Having a rig that will do just LFS or media center is quite tempting...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG