The online racing simulator
New Hardware
(4 posts, started )
New Hardware
This weekend I purchased a new mouse as the last one cooked itself to death (its over 5 years old.)

Ive upgraded to a G5 Logitech Gamers mouse.

Now although strictly this is not a bug, it does mean that LFS will no longer allow play on line, I do not appear in servers, all I see is everyone else lag.

The mouse comes with a software package that allows you ingame to change the DPI/sensitivity and mouse speed, which is excellent for first person shooter etc, so on installing I didnt think anything else but to allow the "engine" of the software app to seach for all game exe's and auto configure each one. Thats was the mistake...

It was only on starting up, and running an offline race, which I do to calibrate my wheel prior to going online that I discovered, that the changes to software app made to the exe file, allowed the UF1 to do sub 35 sec laps of Aston Cadet...

Easy fix - re-installed to another path, and moved my setup and Skins folders across....

Not strictly a bug, but, reading the logitech readmes, the mouse doesnot change anything on the exe files, it just reads for common info, like keystroke presets etc...

So the question is why would this corrupt the exe? and make it incompatible on line?

Any thoughts

Widdow
To add more to this - Ive discovered something further with a lil help from a friend...

The above issue has happened again - with no installation of any further new hardware..

Ive had to do a total reformat... but then the issue happened again. It was suggested that I start to retrace my steps of what Ive done.

Installed windows, grpx card drivers, installed all the windows updates - basically got the pc back to a stable platform. Started to install games, of course this meant LFS first.

Plugged in my USB controller, joystick, and wheel. Installed the wingman drivers, as all my controllers are logitech. This is where we started to notice the similarity to the above post. My mouse is also logitech.

I went into LFS and adjusted my forcefeedback from 0 to 50, and the game ran at the double speed again - lagging in severs and the replay was incompatible. Reducing the forcefeedback to 18%, made it come back to a working game online, no lag, and a compatible replay. However the FFB was almost none existant.

By removing the controller and the joystick, I can have as much FFB as I like and all tickity boo.

Glad were at the root of the problem... no more reformats and I can use FFB, but it dosent make me any faster lol.

So - route of the problem.... LFS does not like more than 1 controller plugged in when using FFB. IS it a bug or a compatibility issue?

Widdow
have just got a logitech wireless pad, so iff to test the theory later tonight, glad you got FFB though.

Im thinking its more of a Windows issue than hardware, but probably something to do with lfs.
Quote from Widdowmaker :snip
LFS does not like more than 1 controller plugged in when using FFB. IS it a bug or a compatibility issue?

I used to have two FFB wheels connected, caused no problems. Currently I have Logi wheel, mouse and keyboard, no problems.

New Hardware
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG