The online racing simulator
Forza Motorsport 4
(45 posts, started )
Forza Motorsport 4
Forza Motorsport 4

Forza 4 has been shown at E3. The new simulator from Turn 10 takes advantage of the new Xbox Kinect gaming experience, and puts players in complete control of hundreds of cars available at there fingertips in Forza Motorsport 4.

Coming in 2011.

VIDEO
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :[CENTER]Forza Motorsport 4

Forza 4 has been shown at E3. The new simulator from Turn 10 takes advantage of the new Xbox Kinect gaming experience, and puts players in complete control of hundreds of cars available at there fingertips in Forza Motorsport 4.

Coming in 2011.

VIDEO

I would say looking at it, it's ruined the game. It does actually look fun and good.

I WANT IT
#3 - G!NhO
lol
#4 - aoun
I think consoles have completely lost it. Especially for "simulators".

Simulations especially, is all about feel. What the hell do you feel pushing air aorund as if its a steering wheel? a breeze? Unless they can somehow invent air to have force feedback, ill stand my ground saying its stupid.
Massive joke.
I've fixed the messed up format. Sorry about that guys.

As for the Video, I don't like the idea of steering the car in thin air! I don't know if anyone agrees with me, but IMO, one of the nicest things about FM2 and 3 was how you could "feel" what the car was doing, even through a joypad. Taking that away in FM4 may really make a negative impact on the FM Franchise.

However, I do like the idea of being able to spin around the car and what not via Kinect. The Video was entertaining, and the detail on the Ferrari was awesome. Just a shame that it was a render.
Surely you'll still have the option to just drive with a regular controller?
I would imagine so. The point I'm trying to make is directed towards the FM Community itself. They very sensitive about what gets changed in FM.

For example, before FM3's release, the FM community was in an uproar about the "single button driving" and only having a second to prepare your revs on the starting grid. If something is implemented into FM that the community does not like, T10 are sure going to notice it, be it multitudes of complaints, or a decrease in sales.
Quote from obsolum :Surely you'll still have the option to just drive with a regular controller?

Of course. This Kinect thing is just a gimmick. Nobody will actually play with for more than 5 minutes. The "walking around your car" thing is stupid too. He's not walking around it, much less sitting in it! Apart from a bit of leaning, how is it going to be any different from standing up with your controller in your hands? The image is still on your TV.
They just want to push kinetic in every game to put the 'Kinetic approved' stamp on every damn game, just like sony is doing with GT5's support for move...plain dumb.
Who came up with Forza 4? Where did I miss the announcement?

Its just a new mode. Probably going to come in a patch for F3. They didnt say Forza 4...

Hate how the media makes things up...
Exactly...

Quote :The demo we showed is not additional DLC for Forza Motorsport 3. This will be Turn 10's "next big thing" and will be a full-fledged Forza Motorsport experience launching in 2011.

Nothing on F4. So dont tell me I should do my research...

My point still stands - No one said F4 yet, and I hate how the media makes things up.
Thats what I'm thinking, although it will defiently be Forza Motorsport's 4, that whole Kinect thing is pretty lame anyway, PS3 Move looks alot better

I dont understand the Forza 3 logo in the bottom of the stuff too?

I was referring to you saying it's "just a new mode". You couldn't of been more wrong.

And there is no proof whether it will or will not be called Forza Motorsport 4, but seeing as Gaming Journalists all over are calling it this, then for now, that is what this thread shall be titled as until the name is confirmed.

E: Maybe Luke. Personally, I always thought it was the (for want of a better word) downward "strikes" on an M/m.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I was referring to you saying it's "just a new mode". You couldn't of been more wrong.

And there is no proof whether it will or will not be called Forza Motorsport 4, but seeing as Gaming Journalists all over are calling it this, then for now, that is what this thread shall be titled as until the name is confirmed.

E: Maybe Luke. Personally, I always thought it was the (for want of a better word) downward "strikes" on an M/m.

Yeah I guess it is , my bad, but for sure it has to be Forza 4, I dont get why it wouldn't be , Forza 3 has had its time now haha

E- The Forza Motorsport franchise continues to broaden its audience by combining beautiful HD graphics running at 60 frames per second and authentic realism with easy-to-pickup gameplay and universal car passion.
Quote from lukelfs :Yeah I guess it is , my bad, but for sure it has to be Forza 4, I dont get why it wouldn't be , Forza 3 has had its time now haha

E- The Forza Motorsport franchise continues to broaden its audience by combining beautiful HD graphics running at 60 frames per second and authentic realism with easy-to-pickup gameplay and universal car passion.

No worries. Nothing to apologise about.
You may still be right and it may be hinting towards a three, but I really don't know.

Like I said above, I'm only calling it Forza 4 because that's what the Journos are saying, and while they do like to speculate, they have all most likely had presentations with this game and they may have been told it's going to be called FM4. Who knows?

Imagine if they call it Forza Motorsport: Kinetic Energy. :o
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :No worries. Nothing to apologise about.
You may still be right and it may be hinting towards a three, but I really don't know.

Like I said above, I'm only calling it Forza 4 because that's what the Journos are saying, and while they do like to speculate, they have all most likely had presentations with this game and they may have been told it's going to be called FM4. Who knows?

Yeah ok

Rofl, I'm thinking it may just be, Forza Motorsports, no 4, nothing else
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :

I dont see why not. Ok, maybe not "Kinect energy" but something like that. I doubt we will see a "4" in the new title.

Its probably going to be an interactive "fun" game. Surely they cannot continue down the simulation road if you will have to imagine a wheel.

It would be very stupid from them. Like I said many times before, Kinect is not something that will appeal to hardcore gamers.

Also, coming 2011. Unless its coming out on December 31st 2011, I dont see how they can make a whole new game in a year. They are still working on F3 dont forget! Realeasing new cars etc.

Unless ofcourse its just F3 with some minor improvements and Kinect addition. In which case, it will be a massive disappointment and nothing to be worked up about.

So yeah. No Forza 4 for me until Turn 10 say it themselves.
Quote from DevilDare :I dont see why not. Ok, maybe not "Kinect energy" but something like that. I doubt we will see a "4" in the new title.

Its probably going to be an interactive "fun" game. Surely they cannot continue down the simulation road if you will have to imagine a wheel.

It would be very stupid from them. Like I said many times before, Kinect is not something that will appeal to hardcore gamers.

Also, coming 2011. Unless its coming out on December 31st 2011, I dont see how they can make a whole new game in a year. They are still working on F3 dont forget! Realeasing new cars etc.

Unless ofcourse its just F3 with some minor improvements and Kinect addition. In which case, it will be a massive disappointment and nothing to be worked up about.

Well its not hard for Turn 10, all they did with Forza 3 was literally rip the cars from 2 and add interiors, add a newer game engine etc...

I'd presume they would do the same with Forza 4 (What ever you want to call it), they aren't still 'Working' on Forza 3, there are hundreds of people working on the game anyway, so they could easily get Forza 4 out soon imo

If its the next Forza than I'm pretty sure you dont have to use all that Kinect BS anyway
Quote from DevilDare :Kinect is not something that will appeal to hardcore gamers.

I disagree about Kinect not being popular with Hardcore gamers. While I myself am not a true, "hardcore" gamer, I own TrackIR and use it alot. Hardcore gamers are the same, and most use TrackIR or some sort of motion detector in games which may require advanced movement, like Automotive simulators or FPS's. Therefore, I can see Kinect being more popular to a wider range of people than you think, especially if Kinect is implemented into the right genres of games.

I doubt 2011 is an unrealistic release date. They have most likely used the same Physics engine, so that will save some time. They have said that the Graphics engine has been completely overhauled, but with T10's white lies in the past, I'm skeptical. Either way, when you consider they have a small group of guys pushing out 5-10 brand new cars every month, of which every one requires texturing, physics calculations and sounds, I think 2011 is highly possible when the entire team of T10 is on it.
Yeah, but doesnt that put you off?

Same physics... Probably same cars (With couple new ones..)

New additions - Kinect and better graphics.

Dont know If I will want to splash out another 40 odd quid for something like that...

Well, we'll see.
Nope, wouldn't put me off at all providing the Physics do get there little errors fixed and the car and track list had a significant increase.
Well. We'll see.
Did anyone else chuckle at the "Forza kin demo", or am i just really immature?

Forza Motorsport 4
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG