The online racing simulator
Just a question about buying S2 license
I know that there is a many threads about buying a license. This question can be really stupid, but does 4Players.de ship the S2 CD to other countries? My parents doesnt believe that it is safe to buy a license via creditcard. I dont understand german, so does the CD version really mean that the S2 is in the CD?
I would buy it straight away!
What is this website? I've never heard of it (probaly because I'm Irish lol). I don't think that there's a CD for S2. As far as I can tell, buying the license on the official website does nothing more than upgrade your online account so you can use the rest of the cars (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, I'm getting S2 next week).
There is a CD for S2 which 4Players.de, a german online store for games, sells.

But tbh you don't really need the CD, just buy S2 via Paypal on the official site lfs.net because i am also not sure if 4players'd ship it to finland.
#4 - Bean0
Quote from Muulka :As far as I can tell, buying the license on the official website does nothing more than upgrade your online account so you can use the rest of the cars (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, I'm getting S2 next week).

This is correct.
Your license level determines the content you have access to.

If you already play the demo, then you do have the full game installed.
You understood it wrong. I know how the license works, but my parents wont use their credit cards to buy it from the goddamn site.
Quote from Sutinennn :You understood it wrong. I know how the license works, but my parents wont use their credit cards to buy it from the goddamn site.

So you buy it from another site?

I think you are refering to this site: http://store.4players.de/2.0/4 ... he/0.html?suchbegriff=lfs . It's basicly just the same as here, you buy a license to unlock the content and you can also buy a CD and a Handbook (I think it's in german only) as option. But the CD should only contain the version you can download from lfs.net.
Quote from Sutinennn :You understood it wrong. I know how the license works, but my parents wont use their credit cards to buy it from the goddamn site.

As long as your PC is free of malicious programs, it's perfectly safe to use credit card. The site (lfs.net) is absolute fine and not damned ^^
Would just buy it via LFS.net if I was you.
Quote from rockclan :Would just buy it via LFS.net if I was you.

The problem is that if you were me, you would havve the same parents.:something
Quote from JazzOn :As long as your PC is free of malicious programs, it's perfectly safe to use credit card. The site (lfs.net) is absolute fine and not damned ^^

We dont have any spywares, trojans etc., but my parents think that they are going to cheat and steal all the money from their bank account (did I spell that right?)
Quote from Sutinennn :The problem is that if you were me, you would havve the same parents.:something

I suggest you to read your private message sir.
Quote from Sutinennn :
We dont have any spywares, trojans etc., but my parents think that they are going to cheat and steal all the money from their bank account (did I spell that right?)

Sorry, but that's kind of stupid of your parents. Yes a lot of people try to steal money from you on the interwebs, but not in this case (Of course there is the possibility, that we all are just one guy with 20,000 accounts and pretend to be licensed).

Best thing for you parents would be to get some knowledge. They should read about paypal, for example, and/or talk to their bank.
It's a fact that you can get your money back with something like paypal, if the Devs/LFS.net don't give you what you buy (Voucher-code/license). Note that it might take a few work-days to get the transaction done.

PS: Why do your parents put their money on the bank? They can steal it too
do the devs accept postal order or bank transfer? your folks could go to their bank and do it that way. or if you have a friend whose parents are a bit more relaxed about online purchases, give them the money and they'll buy a LFS voucher for you.
Quote from dadge :do the devs accept postal order or bank transfer? your folks could go to their bank and do it that way. or if you have a friend whose parents are a bit more relaxed about online purchases, give them the money and they'll buy a LFS voucher for you.

^^possibly the best scenario on your case. I bought my license through fellow lfs'er back then also thatway.
I understand if your parents don't want to use their credit card on the web, mine too. Here in Italy I solved the problem buying a "rechargeable" credit card, you buy it and put in it 30 euros, then you use it to buy what you want in the web... even if someone is stealing your card, you might lose not more than the money you put there...
Try to find if there is something similar in your country
One you have one, you can use it whenever you want to buy something in internet.
Quote from gigi91430ita :I understand if your parents don't want to use their credit card on the web, mine too. Here in Italy I solved the problem buying a "rechargeable" credit card, you buy it and put in it 30 euros, then you use it to buy what you want in the web... even if someone is stealing your card, you might lose not more than the money you put there...
Try to find if there is something similar in your country
One you have one, you can use it whenever you want to buy something in internet.

+1

All my internet buying occurs on this type of card. Fortunately I have one that has no service fees (some have ridiculous fees). It also helps with impulse control
Quote :PS: Why do your parents put their money on the bank? They can steal it too

Money in banks is insured. A big difference from giving a credit card number to someone you don't trust (rightly or wrongly).
You can say to your parents Sutinennn that more than 50 000 people have bought LFS and everyone has received what they payed for.
Yeah, thats what I am trying to do.
Can 14 years old get that rechargeable card? Where can I get one?
Quote from Sutinennn :Yeah, thats what I am trying to do.
Can 14 years old get that rechargeable card? Where can I get one?

Ask a bank
i got the card when i was 14. It's possible in Lithuania, I don't know about finland. But the problem is - it's not possible to use paypal with that card. I can only do money transfers on internet, and nothing more. If you want to use that card properly, wait until you'll be 18 years old (or maybe 16, i don't know).

I solved the parent problem by asking other person to buy me a voucher.
You know there are other options, PayPal, Moneybookers/NetPay, or a money order. superxp's tip will definitely pay off, regardless of which option you end up choosing:
Quote from superxp :Ask a bank

So I cant buy a lisence with a rechargeable card?
Quote from Sutinennn :So I cant buy a lisence with a rechargeable card?

It depends what kind of cards are available in Finland. Here in the UK there are plenty of options which are standard MasterCard or Visa, which would work perfectly.

I've just done a quick search and it would appear that Western Union offer a prepaid Visa which is available in Finland. I'm not sure though, and there may be better alternatives so I would recommend you do a little research.
I think its the best that I just buy it with parents credit card, because I would have to pay for the activation and I would have to pay every month bill or something. Only Rushcard sounds good...
Another options is to open a PayPal account, and wire money to it (refilling the PayPal account with money). If your parents have a personal net bank account for the credit card, they can wire money to your PayPal account as if it was paying a regular bill. This means the credit card details will not be exposed to anybody, except for your parents bank off course.
Allthough the chances of getting ripped off by PayPal or LFS devs is less then beeing hit by lightning, the only money beeing "risked" is the amount wired to the PayPal account.

A second option is also to open a PayPal account, and then go see someone at the bank in person and have money wired to the PayPal account.

Just a question about buying S2 license
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG