The online racing simulator
"Lost Souls" Racing online
(2 posts, started )
#1 - pik_d
In a conversation between EQ Worry, myself, and some others on some online stats gathering, we came across a peculiar anomaly. It seems that there are two different counts that we can find for how many racers are online at any given time.

Look here

To quote myself:

Quote from pik_d :The LFSW count has the same discrepancy. On the left you see "Racers (687)" and over on the right you see "There are currently 874 racers online in LFS. (432 Demo - 442 Licensed)". I had just refreshed both boxes, so it's not different because one of them is an hour old.

I noticed issue more than 6 months ago, but I decided to add it to discussion there in 1st June.
Quote from adamshl :I noticed some time ago that data from LFSW Home tab do not agree with data from Online racers tab.

In Online racers tab we can see list of all players online: Demo, S1 and S2 license (including players who have hidden profile and/or who are connected to hidden host).
Having regard to fact that data for graph are updated every few minutes, current number of players online from Online racers tab disagrees with data in graph from LFSW Home tab, which are excessive for any reason.

Quote from adamshl :...
Graph is updated exactly every 1 min. Online racers data is updated in real time.
Depending on time of day, discrepancy reaches ~ 250 players.

Time differences of updates between two counters is not so large that these figures differed so much.

At this moment I see there a few reasons that may cause such a discrepancy,
LFSW Online racers tab does not include players who:
  • Play in old and incompatible version of LFS.
  • Have VIP status (if any exist?).
  • Used illegal software to unlock license (if such possibility exists, I no have proof).
Devs still have not commented on this.

(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG