The online racing simulator
Help me understand Airio server/EI
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can shed some light here.

I've had LFS S2 for about 6 months with lots of practice in single payer mode with AI cars and i think i am a 'competitive' driver.

I have had very little time on online servers. Last night, i was on a cargame.nl server and because of lack of EI points i am forced to use low end cars. That is fine, I understand the reasons for it.

The problem i have is corner one with all the noobs. Since i'm in a 'crap' car but can still make reasonable times around a track, I'm mid grid with all the noobs behind me. Then at corner one they use me for their brakes and i'm basically out for the race.

I'm new and a little confused about all this so please bare with me - My thought was, if i set up a dedicated server with Airio installed, then get a heap of my friends to race with me, doesn't that go towards LFSEI points? i.e Does Airio upload to a 'Master' server or does it only keep it local? Or, am i forced to keep racing on public servers till i get my points up? Are my points universal over all Airio enabled servers or only within server groups monitored by single instances of Airio? Where can i go to see my points status (yet to find it).

Please note, I'm not trying to 'cheat' or anything like that, I'm not some 12yo kid just trying to get into fast cars. I am 31 and looking to race with serious drivers using my quality home made sim. It has 6+r H pattern shifter, CST style pedals with force sensitive brake, full analogue clutch and E brake etc. I really want to get in to this but so far it has been less than enticing due to 'un-ethical' drivers.

Attached is a pic of my sim (better seat pending)...
Attached images
Sim.jpg
EI is based on LFSW stats, you shouldn't need to be on an AIRIO server. On the other hand, points are server specific and since most servers combine EI & points, the best bet is to tough it out on the server you'd like to progress on. Any stat increase on LFSW = increase in EI. Single player driving doesn't contribute, save for uploaded hotlaps.

Hardware proves diddlysquat in terms of racing ability, it's a bit like saying you're a nice driver IRL because you have a Bimmer ;x
Good gear doesn't make you a good driver. But it's a good start.

I didn't see you driving but your flag tells me that you are from Australia. Connections to Australia are pretty bad due to the very long distance. Some Aussies have an average connection so you might be lucky but the distance is generally far too long to have a low latency.

It influences your driving experience pretty badly. It even can make you think that all people around you are crashing but in real it´s you that is the problem.

But that wasn´t the question, it was about LFSEI. Yes it´s stored on the master Airio server so it is server-cross based. EQ Worry did a fine job there.

I wrote a little explanation here;
http://www.cargame.nl/forum/ge ... what-is-ex-lfsei-t23.html

Good luck, you are at 38.763
Ok, thanks for the info guys. Looks like i just have to tough it out. My ping times weren't too bad. There were not cars teleporting all over the place, it was quite good but yes, the start was a bit chunky. I tended to hold back a lot and the mess was in front of me well before i got there. Then it was a matter of dodging the carnage. My ping time was about 250-300ms.

Where can i go to see my figures?

Originally i built the sim and bought LFS as i was getting into some real motorsport so i figured it'd be a reasonable platform to hone some skills. Even with roughly the same exposure on my sim, my friends just can not keep up with me at all so i don't think i'm doing too bad.
EI is just a number from a forumla using data from lfsworld. Basically, drive more, any server and it'll go higher. Obviously for you, busy servers are going to be difficult to get totally clean racing especially with Aussie lag. Of course, if you want to drive a particular car then find another server, as you're inexperienced don't be afraid to ask for a setup or help

Do check out the australian servers, ok no one is there at the moment but at peak Aussie times it's better and of course there will be less lag. Also the MNR servers usually have 40-50 drivers on for league racers, check out http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=226 and their website, think it's an MRT league at the moment.

And you can check ping times for people around you by pressing shift + f8 - for me, Aussies are normally ~0.20
Ahh, it makes a bit more sense now. So i don't specifically have to get 'Airio' points, just LFSWorld stats. Those stats are then compiled to assign me a magic number of my worth by Airio.

Where do i check my Airio score???

That MNR league sounds pretty awesome, i might have to set aside Monday nights...
#7 - VoiD
LFS Experience Index

You need a minimum of 100 Points to appear on that list.
Click on the Usernames on the left for more info.

To check your stats ingame simply connect to any AIRIO server using v. 2.4.x and type "!ex".
Quote from elnino_effect :A

You didn't read my link did you.

Too bad. Minus point, not a good start.
Oh waow, I'm number 869 of TEH ALMIGHTY LFS!
Quote from elnino_effect :Ahh, it makes a bit more sense now. So i don't specifically have to get 'Airio' points, just LFSWorld stats. Those stats are then compiled to assign me a magic number of my worth by Airio.

That MNR league sounds pretty awesome, i might have to set aside Monday nights...

ingame type !exr
Quote from cargame.nl :You didn't read my link did you.

Too bad. Minus point, not a good start.

I did! The problem was, when i changed it from your name to mine, i got no results so it was a little confusing. But, apparently i need at least 100 to appear....
Aaahhh.. I'm sorry

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG