The online racing simulator
Lfsworld on iPhone
(28 posts, started )
#1 - FaToS
Lfsworld on iPhone
Anyone managed to use lfsw on the iPhone?
#2 - Rikje
Site works okay, I just can't open any of the topics or whatever you call them.
Even LFS Remote works?
Yeah, you can't seem to open any new windows. (with the icons on the 'desktop')

The 'Home' screen works though...
Thats because the iPhone doesnt support flash me thinks.
I doubt that the LFS world interface is made in Flash. More like some heavy JavaScript. But then again, I am no webdesigner, so don't take my word for it.
Well, iPhone doesnt support Java as well, so...
LFSRemote is flash, LFSWorld is mostly javascript imo. I have tried to open the "icons" on the desktop of LFSWorld through my iPod Touch, but it doesn't work properly. maybe someone can make an iPhone application that allows access.
hey,, you are indeed correct that its not working. i made a quick look in to it , but i got no idea.

i tested some JavaScript but it doesn't look like the trouble is in there. i think it has got to do with the multi-touch safari tools. i know that messed up more sites.

( in short words, it can be a hard fix)
well the only solution seems to be to get a phone that actual supports relevant web standards
Quote from Shotglass :well the only solution seems to be to get a phone that actual supports relevant web standards

Not working with my android either, so no apple bashing tonight
Quote from three_jump :Not working with my android either, so no apple bashing tonight

if my colleague and his n900 are in tomorrow ill check if it works there
and im fairly certain it will since fennec seems to make everything work just fine
Quote from hotmail :hey,, you are indeed correct that its not working. i made a quick look in to it , but i got no idea.

i tested some JavaScript but it doesn't look like the trouble is in there. i think it has got to do with the multi-touch safari tools. i know that messed up more sites.

( in short words, it can be a hard fix)

Tested on opera browser too but no succes.
Quote from Shotglass :if my colleague and his n900 are in tomorrow ill check if it works there
and im fairly certain it will since fennec seems to make everything work just fine

I tried with opera, but as I understand this is still beta... might explain it.
Quote from Rikje :Tested on opera browser too but no succes.

I know, i did too, but what i mean was more like, with a pc/ mac you have à mouse where you can click / double click , hold , move over etc, with the multi-touch screens you have clicky, clicky nearly impossible to Malé double click at the Same place, and move over is even harder
Here is a screenshot from my nokia 5530 XpressMusic

Quote from Shotglass :if my colleague and his n900 are in tomorrow ill check if it works there

LFS desktop, remote and hotlap analyzer all work fine in MicroB (default / stock browser) on the n900.
Quote from filur :LFS desktop, remote and hotlap analyzer all work fine in MicroB (default / stock browser) on the n900.

see? now thats a proper smartphone
I guess it's too bad that an n900 in north america is rarer than a penny whore without herpes.

Wait it's not bad at all, nor do I care
Quote from Shotglass :see? now thats a proper smartphone

i hope you are talking about a n900 light / mini, because the bigger n900 is one big production fail. nokia ammited that over 50% of the phone has got hardware / software problems, the software does not support the hardware.

in my eyes you can not call that a good phone!
Quote from hotmail :i hope you are talking about a n900 light / mini, because the bigger n900 is one big production fail. nokia ammited that over 50% of the phone has got hardware / software problems, the software does not support the hardware.

There is no n900 mini, have you got it confused with the n97?
Quote from Shotglass :see? now thats a proper smartphone

It isn't problem of iPhone's javascript support. When you double tap on iPhone's screen, safari will zoom screen to that point. Unfortunately, that's the way, how you open LFSworld windows.

Maybe devs should consider mobile version of LFSworld too, it's year 2010 already
I've tried LFS World on a Nokia N97 mini, using the default browser, Opera and a couple of other browsers.
In all cases the problem is down to double tapping calls the zoom function. Anyone found a mobile browser without this feature?
Quote from hotmail :i hope you are talking about a n900 light / mini, because the bigger n900 is one big production fail. nokia ammited that over 50% of the phone has got hardware / software problems, the software does not support the hardware.

in my eyes you can not call that a good phone!

id like to see some proof of that
also there is no such thing as a smaller n900

Lfsworld on iPhone
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG