The online racing simulator
Changing External HDD Drive?
(8 posts, started )
When I unplug my external HDD, then plug it in again sometimes it changes the name of the drive it's in. For example, it changed from the G:/ Drive to the F:/ Drive. Because of this none of my music in Itunes can be 'located'. Is there anyway to change what the name of the drive, as this has happened before and resulted into having to import all my music again.

Edit: Using W7.

Thanks.
#2 - JJ72
do you in any case have some sort of virtual drive on? or do you have USB and flashcards inserted?
Click on the start button on the taskbar, type "admin" and press enter. The Administrative Tools should pop up. (Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools)
Double click on Computer Management, choose Storage > Disk Management. Right click any HDD, choose "Change Drive letter and Paths", and choose your preferred one.

Each HDD must have its own letter, so if another one has already taken the G: letter, just go to it, change its letter and then put G: as your external HDD drive letter.
This worked ^^

Thanks

Also, another problem I have to do with drives is this mysterious Local Disk that has appeared randomly. It has never been there before, and I have no reason for two of them. I also get the sounds for inserting a new device go on and then off now and again :S
Quote from Velociround :Click on the start button on the taskbar, type "admin" and press enter.

Tryed that for fun ... it took me to offline punkbuster manual (stored on my PC). Lol
#6 - ajp71
I get the Solidworks license administrator.
Quote from hazaky :Tryed that for fun ... it took me to offline punkbuster manual (stored on my PC). Lol

lol
Typing "adm" is enough to get to the Administrative Tools here. ("ad" goes to adobe reader).
Same as "CC" for CCleaner, "o" for Opera, "s" for steam, "ho" for hotmail, ... I type just enough so that the program I want appears there. It's quicker than going step by step until you find it.
Well, all I got was an error...

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG