The online racing simulator
Best way to improve
(8 posts, started )
Best way to improve
Hi, I've been racing on the demo for quite a while now... Don't really know when I'm gonna buy a S2 license but that doesn't really matter now.

I've been racing on Blackwood quite a lot lately. And after watching some racing videos, I managed to cut my time down to 1.37.xx.
Went online a lot more and followed some people, cut down to 1.36.xx.(all with the FWD demo car.)Now I'm in front of a wall, with the XFG and XRG I can't improve on my laptimes anymore. I produce very consistent times though, but no matter what I try, the wall doesn't come down.

So now I'm asking you guys if you had this problem and how to overcome this?

PS: also looking for a "noob" Demo Team to have fun with.
Grtz lolzol
thx for the quick reply and sorry for the lack of info.

I'll upload a replay another time since I'm doing some work atm.
And I fiddled with setups a lot and got me 1 second slower than the setups I now use from setupgrid. I mostly use the most downloaded hotlap setups.
Using Logitech G25 with stick shifter. Never ABS, and mostly on 200 degrees, sometimes 720.

Grtz lolzol
Took a quick break to take a quick drive.
1ste lap is warm-up.

Grtz lolzol
Attached files
Nilsie_BL1_XFG_FINISHED.spr - 231.9 KB - 120 views
Replay
A few things that seem clear from that replay.

1. Your line into 1st corner and chicane are not that good, you should be taking the chicane flat out. You also lose all the way down the straight from the poor exit speed of chicane.

2. You would be quicker with paddle shift, your down changes are compromising your braking.

3. Your 5th gear seems a little too low you are almost on max revs at end of straight.

4. you need to use the full width of the track to straighten out the bends more.

If you come along to Redline Racing Demo servers (1 or 2) and I am online (Redline Quinn) I will give you some help. I can usually help people stuck in the 36.xx times to take a second or two off their times.
@JackSun-> I've realized that my first 3 corners actually quite suck through starting out with drifting. I'll try to improve and I'll pass by sometimes.

@JPeace-> I'd like to see myselft as a straightforward driver so I just tried braking harder, later and turning in earlier. 1.36.03 because I screwed up in the latest corner... So it has improved my time by over 0.8 seconds if it was totally clean.

I'll also keep in mind my downshifting with heel toe is a out of sync at the moment. Thanks for all the info. Helped a lot.

Grtz lolzol
PS: 2nd lap...
Attached files
Nilsie_BL1_XFG.spr - 124.1 KB - 121 views
replay
I'd also try more than 3 laps. The tyres are only just getting up to temp at the end of 3rd lap. I usually find my best times are on laps 4 to 8.
#7 - Drigy
Hi. If I may say, I find your car setup to be understeered. Maybe you like that style of driving but I find something in between to be much faster. Oversteer isn't good also but this doesn't seem to be the case here.
And you could also try to drive with less fuel in your tank.
Hi

Second replay already was a lot better than the first one.

You should be able to get atleast mid 1:34's if u get your lines and braking right. You brake too early, especially in t1. Try watching the WR replay (find em on LFSWorld) as a reference.

Also, taking the chicane flatout is a must, you lose atleast half a second on the straight.

Some setups:
http://www.setupgrid.net/1/setup/hotlap/get/XFG@BL1

Best way to improve
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG