The online racing simulator
MP3 titles not visible in Car Stereo
(19 posts, started )
Maybe a noobish question but i can't find anything concrete on Google.. Just bought a new Pioneer Car stereo, since my previous one has been nicked. This one has the USB flash support, one of the features i like, but my MP3's are shown as "Track 1, Track 2" etc.
I know about ID3 tags and all, is that's what it's about, my ID3 tags are not right?
Is there some very easy (free if possible) tool, that i can just drag and drop some MP3, and it 'converts' it to be viewable on the Car Stereo?
Am I the only one that read this as 'mp3 titties'?
#3 - 5haz
No, you're not, and I too would be glad to hear of some kind of tool that would display titties from my car stereo. :mischievo
Fcking trolls I'll show you the titties, just help me out
What model is it exactly? And are the ID3 tags even supported?
Quote from hazaky :What model is it exactly? And are the ID3 tags even supported?

It's Pioneer DEH-2200UB

Can't find the info about ID3 tags..
Does have ID3 Text and Scroll feature. But hmm, does it show as "Track 1" and so on? Maybe there is an option where u can switch the way it shows u the names. It might be in the system settings, if i remember right, hold the button what u use for equalizer and such - hold it for some time. Worked for my Pioneer unit long time ago (it was uber old model tho, cassette ).
Yes, it shows it as "Track T01" or something.. why would they do that and not make it default to show the titles? I'll try it though.. but i'm guessing this has to do with ID3 tags. You know when you go to properties of the track in Winamp, and under the ID3 tags you sometimes have the title, and sometimes it's empty... I'm guessing most of my MP3's have that field empty, but why..
In Winamp, take a song, if it doesnt have any tags then put some in there and also copy them to ID2 tags (or, was it?). There are 2 types of these tags, ones are shown on the left and the others on the right.
Quote from hazaky :In Winamp, take a song, if it doesnt have any tags then put some in there and also copy them to ID2 tags (or, was it?). There are 2 types of these tags, ones are shown on the left and the others on the right.

I know, but to do that with all my MP3's? I see there are some ID3 tags fixing programs, so i'm guessing i can apply the fix to all my mysic, not one by one..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I know, but to do that with all my MP3's? I see there are some ID3 tags fixing programs, so i'm guessing i can apply the fix to all my mysic, not one by one..

I was thinkin to get one song so u could test if it shows or not.
Quote from hazaky :I was thinkin to get one song so u could test if it shows or not.

Yeah, not home curently I'll check these songs that i have on my USB, if they have ID3 tags..
Not sure what these ID# tags are, but shouldn't you just write the songs name in properties? See att.
Attached images
mp3.JPG
Nope, like pretty much all mp3 players the car stereo probably reads the info from the ID3 tags. If they're not filled in (correctly) it will obviously not show up (correctly). I guess that's what you get if you download mp3's from torrents that haven't been properly ripped from the CD I ****ing hate it when I download an album and the tags aren't filled in.

Anyway, I use Tag & Rename to manage my tags. If you have at least named your mp3's in a consistent manner (like artistname - songname.mp3) you can set it up to automatically write the correct tags based on the filename for all your songs, shouldn't take more than a few clicks.
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : apparently they use freedb.
Thanks Obsolum, but in this case, it wasn't that, i had to press the display function couple of times and then it showed the titles Silly me for not reading the manual but it doesn't scroll the text, that sucks..
theres a setting you change on the head unit.

your head unit look in your manual (did you even open the book?)

1. Displaying text information
2. Scrolling the text information to the left

page 7 and 8 of your manual

that should work

http://www.pioneerelectronics. ... 00UB_OwnersManual0922.pdf
Quote from BreadC :theres a setting you change on the head unit.

autoscroll = on

For this particular model? I've read through the instructions but can't find that anywhere..
Quote from Boris Lozac :For this particular model? I've read through the instructions but can't find that anywhere..

no thats my model my bad i jus edited my post look now xD

hold display then left arrow and scroll or smth like that
Quote from BreadC :no thats my model my bad i jus edited my post look now xD

hold display then left arrow and scroll or smth like that

Yeah i tried that last night, it just scrolls it once, and then stops. I can't believe they had to sacrifice on this kind of option on these cheaper models..

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG