The online racing simulator
and they call me a noob ???
(37 posts, started )
Quote from Inouva :To the op, i know what you mean,
My favorite server is Cargame.nl s2

ill surely will hop in and give it a go , thx
Quote from the-dog :well i wont name and defame the server (...)

That's alright, we can all see which server it was by just looking up your race results on LFSW
Quote from obsolum :That's alright, we can all see which server it was by just looking up your race results on LFSW

arf arf arf:yummy:
Quote from ACCAkut :cargame.nl is the server that brought me back to real racing in LFS, for the simple reason that one can race LFRs there.

but the FX(O and R) noobs are really annoying, Os bump from behind in corner entries, and Rs tend to miscalculate the time they need to fully overtake you, and bash your front. Both deadly in an unforgiving car like the RAC.

Sadly is the only server that allow all cars , i`be seen other server with multiclass, but they dont have the lx4 or lx6 , or xfg / xrg

That why i keep in cargame, just for the lx class, nothing more.
Quote from the-dog :
btw i just checked youre fast lap in fbm on bl1 and youre slower then i am

I dont know if I have ANY laptimes with FBM
Quote from the-dog :true enough , but in a chicane with virtually no room to overtake somebody it's a dumb strategy at best , better would be to wait untill i cleared that peace and then overtake me where i have room to let somebody thats faster to overtake me safely , road rules state you dont overtake another car in a corner because of the obvious danger involved with that manuever , also let me state that if i have the chance to let somebody overtake i let them no problem , im not trying to win a race , im trying to do a consistend race regardless of what place i end in , i will slow down to a virtual crawl to let somebody overtake me since they make me real nervious if they stick to my bumper while im still learning where i take a apex and at what speeds .
and i can stay behind slower racers then me without rearending them without a problem , because im smart enough to take draft/brake/mistakes etc. in account and still come out of the corner fast enough to overtake the players that are lower then i am .

FIRST everything I say is based on my assumptions and given data as the situation as we don't have a replay so please correct me if I'm wrong in any matter.

You were overtaken in the chicane in first sector? If so I believe you could've just let the guy pass before the chicane in the first corner. Normally you can't lose much time even to the pros in the chicane since everybody drives it with full gas. It's basically same as driving straight. The way I see it you either released throttle which caused the faster racer to try to overtake you which ended badly or the gap between you two was so little that you should've known better than not giving room.

I'm not blaming only you for the crash since the faster racer obviously did the move that caused the crash but let's think it on his view: He might've had a tight race and worn tires in which case he needed every second and tried to overtake because of that. Or he might have thought that you weren't going to be slowing in the chicane and once he realized that you slowed there was no time to brake and he tried to overtake you and called you a noob because you slowed in the corner, not very good thing to do but many racers only call others noobs instead of telling them what they did wrong. Any way my advice is that you look the map, not only the blue flag. If you keep checking your mirrors when you see someone faster coming closer to you you can easily avoid these crashes.

The basic guideline is that if you are the one being overtaken you should always give room so that the faster one wouldn't lose much time. If you cause the driver to brake because of you in the chicane he loses about 2 seconds that lap. If you had let this overtaker overtake you in the first corner he wouldn't have lost time at all or at least he couldn't have complained.
Quote from AndRand :I dont know if I have ANY laptimes with FBM

You do on BL1 and it's only a tiny difference though , we both are in the 1.16 region
Quote from Juzaa :FIRST everything I say is based on my assumptions and given data as the situation as we don't have a replay so please correct me if I'm wrong in any matter.

You were overtaken in the chicane in first sector? If so I believe you could've just let the guy pass before the chicane in the first corner. Normally you can't lose much time even to the pros in the chicane since everybody drives it with full gas. It's basically same as driving straight. The way I see it you either released throttle which caused the faster racer to try to overtake you which ended badly or the gap between you two was so little that you should've known better than not giving room.

I'm not blaming only you for the crash since the faster racer obviously did the move that caused the crash but let's think it on his view: He might've had a tight race and worn tires in which case he needed every second and tried to overtake because of that. Or he might have thought that you weren't going to be slowing in the chicane and once he realized that you slowed there was no time to brake and he tried to overtake you and called you a noob because you slowed in the corner, not very good thing to do but many racers only call others noobs instead of telling them what they did wrong. Any way my advice is that you look the map, not only the blue flag. If you keep checking your mirrors when you see someone faster coming closer to you you can easily avoid these crashes.

The basic guideline is that if you are the one being overtaken you should always give room so that the faster one wouldn't lose much time. If you cause the driver to brake because of you in the chicane he loses about 2 seconds that lap. If you had let this overtaker overtake you in the first corner he wouldn't have lost time at all or at least he couldn't have complained.

It's the classic first corner disaster waiting to happen scenario , if i get lapped i'll slow down to a virtual crawl making sure i dont hinder the fast guys in there racing experience , but this is like i come in to the corner with a good speed and this guy thinks he can plow right thru me because he can use me as his brakes or maybe he had something in his eyes or whatever , or maybe he uses a driving view floating on a chair 35 feet behind and above the car and thinks i use the same view so ill let go of my line an let him pass , but i dont , i use cockpit view and i get slammed violently of the track and racing line , nothing i can do really but suffer the damage and verbal abuse after the thing happend , same thing will happen every time those guys are behind me because they just wont brake and seem to practise "wallriding/player bashing" tactics on every corner where the are close of near other players .
i will not force others off there racing line to get ahead and expect others to follow the same racing rule that would aply here , but ill let them pass in places where i can do so without having to go on the grass or spin out ( i think thats 1 of the basic rules set in the racing guidelines in this forum right ? )
people can say or think it's me that is the sour loser here wining about getting wrecked after basicly ruining a much faster player then i am his race, but i dont think so , as a result ill wait untill all the others are past me and then ill start racing passing those superior speed racers in that same first corner where they spin out / crash up with some other unlucky player ( at times it's up to 4 players that get the short end of the stick there "BL1" ) because the seem to have a 30/50 mph speed difference going into that chicane .
When lapped you usually have to go away your racing line. For example in the first corner you should slow down not in the racing line but as left of the road as possible so the other one can overtake you from inside. Take a look how overtaken people drive in f1 races. If there's coming a hard part where can't be overtaken and the overtaker is right behind, slower one usually goes away from his line and lets the faster one overtake from inside the corner and thus make the overtaking as fast and swift as possible. The track is so wide that you don't have to go to grass while letting faster people overtake you. In the first corner for example I've seen 3 cars side by side while going to the first corner and they all made it through without a crash. There is enough room, you just have to remember that you should give room in corners by either slowing and driving the corner wide so the faster one can overtake you from the inside, or you brake too early without being on the racing line and let the faster one drvie through the corner through the line. Don't wait for the next big straight, rather let them pass when they are behind you. It'll slow you down a bit but it's better than ruining someone's race or crashing with a faster racer who thinks he owns the road. Just keep watching the difference between you and the faster one. As a basic rule I'd say that when overtaker is about 1 second behind it's time start looking for your mirrors and figure where you'll let him pass. Once he's about 0.5 seconds behind give room unless you're sure that he can't reach you in next corner. When driving in straight all you need to do is slow a bit and let the faster one overtake you.

Hope that helped
Quote from Juzaa :When lapped you usually have to go away your racing line. For example in the first corner you should slow down not in the racing line but as left of the road as possible so the other one can overtake you from inside. Take a look how overtaken people drive in f1 races. If there's coming a hard part where can't be overtaken and the overtaker is right behind, slower one usually goes away from his line and lets the faster one overtake from inside the corner and thus make the overtaking as fast and swift as possible. The track is so wide that you don't have to go to grass while letting faster people overtake you. In the first corner for example I've seen 3 cars side by side while going to the first corner and they all made it through without a crash. There is enough room, you just have to remember that you should give room in corners by either slowing and driving the corner wide so the faster one can overtake you from the inside, or you brake too early without being on the racing line and let the faster one drvie through the corner through the line. Don't wait for the next big straight, rather let them pass when they are behind you. It'll slow you down a bit but it's better than ruining someone's race or crashing with a faster racer who thinks he owns the road. Just keep watching the difference between you and the faster one. As a basic rule I'd say that when overtaker is about 1 second behind it's time start looking for your mirrors and figure where you'll let him pass. Once he's about 0.5 seconds behind give room unless you're sure that he can't reach you in next corner. When driving in straight all you need to do is slow a bit and let the faster one overtake you.

Hope that helped

again read what i wrote in the post above youre's , it's not like i'm self absorbed and unaware of the where about's of my fellow racers here and i have enough skill to go thru a corner with three or even four others without as much as scrapping there paint or cracking there mirror's you know .
i did a rally training and got above average driving skills and actual real life hands on racing experience so i might even save and upload a replay of what i'm talking about for you at a point to make clear what i'm talking about here .
only track i know the layout of by now is BL1 and i still drive it casual and consistent to learn and find the perfect line , braking point's with optimal speed's and tinker with setup's without rear ending or wrecking other player's because that's the kind of DOG i am and i can say that the skilled drivers i had the pleasure to drive with could state that i might not be the fastest around or even the most skilled i surely am not a rolling roadblock or pest on four wheels out to ruining there hotlaps/world record attempts but that i will give them the space they need to overtake/bypass me without having to slowdown or loose there perfect racing line smoothly and not have trouble with me as a basic rule by witch i race and play racing games .
basic rule 1 : don't scratch the car
basic rule 2 : don't wreck the car
basic rule 3 : don't hinder other players
basic rule 4 : don't get angry and try to get even when shit happend
( in other words : don't do a > you wreck me i'll wreck you first chance i get )
basic rule 5 : have fun and winning a race might be fun but it's not my goal here
okay , i tried to explain it as good as i can without the benefit of english beeing my native tongue here and i hope juzaa that you understand the purposse of me making this thread here .
cheers

P.S. oh and by the way on a 5 lap race on BL1 i will not get lapped if i don't get wrecked in the first lap , first corner by anyone , i'm not that slow
STOP MAKING BIG POSTS MY BRAINS GO LIKE KRRRRRRRRR.

Need to do a harddisk defragmentation in my head now.

that better ?

and they call me a noob ???
(37 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG