The online racing simulator
Karting question
(107 posts, started )
nt
i wanted to buy a rotax. what are the rebuild times/prices on a easy kart there quite cheap brand new. dont forget this is my first time real karting. what is actually wrong with the tkm 4 stroke engine is it just slow as hell. i have also found a corse 250cc endurance 4 stroke kart on ebay worth £2500 or not
nt
wouldnt be buying junior. it would be senior definatley, unles a junior come up for sale dirt cheap. wow its gunna be hard talking my dad out of a 4 stroke. im concered about rebuild times as id like to drive a kart for aslong as possible.
nt
Listen to Alan or get your dad to speak to someone who knows about karting (alan?). 4 strokes are crap, i imagine they're similar to the rental karts? They are nothing compared to real karts. If you actually going to go the effort of doing this then atleast make the most of it. Think im being let rip in a senior this summer at hooton
dad is set on the idea of a 4 stroke wont budge. i suppose i shouldnt complain it isnt gunna cost me anything and ill still have fun
Not if your competative it won't be, seeing some 8 year old kid walk all over you will be an interesting experience.
i shouldnt really complain. if the 4 stroke is a pile of poop it wont be my fault ill have fun i have fun on bloody rental karts
nt
It will be harder to sell on too.
-
(brt900) DELETED by brt900
which is a better engine a tkm 200cc 4 stroke or a biland 250cc 4 stroke
BUMP
got down to 3 engines.
1. biland SA250
2.Swiss auto 250
2. aixro xr50

any opinions on these
1. biland SA250 - not built any more
2. Swiss auto 250 - OK engine but very limited to where you can race. It's the better option out the 3 for a noob
2. aixro xr50 - way too fast for a noob it could possibly kill you
#91 - aoun
Your going to get over anything slower than a Rotax max engine really fast!

First time i hoped in a rotax kart i thought to myself, wow these are pretty fast. Afew afew tests getting used to things, i felt i already needed something faster! If i could id get a Maxter engine but $$ at the moment isnt good for me.

I race with a rotax engine on a CRG Dark knight, which works best with a rotax engine. If i want a maxter, id have to change chassis too.

Think about those things aswell.
rotaxs are out of the question because of mantenience. Saxonmotorsport do still sell some biland engines and they have spares. i knew they're not built and thats what putting me off one. but i suppose if i take care of it with regular oil changes and standard checks basically it should last a while.
a rotax engine is very good and you don't have to service it after every race the engine can go 6 hrs without service (is it 6 ? can't remember)
or when you feelt like it needs a service, so i would go with the rotax engine
6 hours. most weekends i will go testing for around 6-7 hours, i wont be racing forr at least a year so ill only be doing test days and owner driver arrive and drive races basically so thats why i need a long time inbetwwen rebuilds without sacrificing speed
Quote from brt900 :6 hours. most weekends i will go testing for around 6-7 hours, i wont be racing forr at least a year so ill only be doing test days and owner driver arrive and drive races basically so thats why i need a long time inbetwwen rebuilds without sacrificing speed

4/s suffer from the same performance drop-off it's just that because of the level of competition is so low no one is that hot on maintenance.

I have worked on every single type of engine and really it's about competition level and NOT the actual engine type that dictates cost and maintainance. Though a TKM 2/ is by far the cheapest and easy engine I've ever worked on that continues to be popular today.

6 horuis a weekend? Hope youre strong enough because that's a hell of a lot of running. You'll be eating through tyres quite a lot. And anybody in karting will tell you it's the actual TYRES not the engine that put a drain on resources.

A Rotax can do 30-50hrs, a Swiss auto is about 50-60hr. It really isn't ALL that much different. A TKM can do 20 at a push but the cost is so low to run and simplicity means it's cheaper on the whole.

I know ur unfortunately stuck with the 4/ idea... so the Swiss Auto is probably your best bet.
Quote from brt900 :6 hours. most weekends i will go testing for around 6-7 hours, i wont be racing forr at least a year so ill only be doing test days and owner driver arrive and drive races basically so thats why i need a long time inbetwwen rebuilds without sacrificing speed

Hey, i think there is something what is going wrong here. if you wanna go kart there is ( like real racing ) one main question.

Endurance or sprint racing.

Endurance karts are most likely 4 stroke. they will last a bit longer. but you need oil refreshed ever time around. and lots more.

if you are going to do sprint racing or just testing stuff. most people will advice you 2 stoke, just because there are so many part and people driving it.

for some years ago i had a 125cc rotax max senior. just because it was having a very low running cost. i was driving every week. just testing and sometimes a local club race. after 1 year i got a new cylinder and drove for an other 5 months with it. ( then i sold it, but i know the engine is still running)

basically the only thing i needed was fuel , 2stroke oil and tires.

p.s: the testing i always did was 30 min sessions , so when i was there in the morning, i started with 30min , then 30 min break, on other 30 min, 30 min break again ( it was mainly because of the rules on the local track ).
my local track opens at 10 then its just until 7pm testing only time you come off is when a pre booked event is on. and a friend from school his uncle owns a kart track so yeah
Could anyone on here get me the dimensions of a kart. ive been searching for about 2 hours and cant find anything. basically i need the width at the rear tyres and the width at the front and the side pods and also the length. going to vw tomorrow so need to check if it will fit between the wheel wells. attached a image of what i need.
Attached images
crg_frame_s.jpg
Quote from brt900 :Could anyone on here get me the dimensions of a kart. ive been searching for about 2 hours and cant find anything. basically i need the width at the rear tyres and the width at the front and the side pods and also the length. going to vw tomorrow so need to check if it will fit between the wheel wells. attached a image of what i need.

The widest part of all karts is the rear axle. The width of the kart is pretty much determined by what engine it was designed to take but is typically somewhere around the 70cm mark for a 2 stroke.

Please take this number as an estimate, I no longer have a chassis I can measure and I always was crap at putting numbers to distances.

Most people who transport a kart in a car and who do not have a trailer - from what I can remember - mount it to the roof, to do that you ought to take the engine off first to reduce the load weight.
picked van up this morning. could someone please measure the width of a kart pease i cant find dimensions anywhere

Karting question
(107 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG