The online racing simulator
2010 Kyoto 500: Practice Session 5
Hi all:

The 5th practice race for the 2010 Kyoto 500 will be held on Monday, May 31 2010.

18:00 UTC: Qualifying (one outlap, two hotlaps, fastest lap counts)
19:00 UTC: (or shortly after qualifying ends; Race; 80 laps + 2 formation, compulsory pitstop which may be served under any track condition after the race has started)

Hope to see you there !

Official Session Replays (7z)

Statistics attached
Attached files
Kyoto5002010Session5_Statistics.zip - 205.7 KB - 217 views
Kyoto5002010Session5_LapCards.zip - 1.4 MB - 190 views
*hiss*
-
(SCA-F1) DELETED by SCA-F1
Hoping to be there
Should be there,maybe one session today would be fun,smth arround 17utc
Quote from prOmo_LTU :Should be there,maybe one session today would be fun,smth arround 17utc

Conflicting events :

Indianapolis 500 itself
I'm not here cos my mom demands I go watch her play some silly concert for an hour, then we're going to go do something else annoying solely because it's outside, called the Taste of Cincinnati (there will be some decent food there though, so I guess it's fine :|)

All in all, a shite Sunday to have a session :|

For anyone interested, here's the menu for Taste of Cincinnati :P http://www.tasteofcincinnati.c ... x?menu_id=268&id=8782
nom nom nom,hf in that concert :P
Oh i do enjoy early morning starts 4am ftw
Nom nom nom with yer mom mom mom
should be there
Ill be there!
dunno if i will
I might make it, but it will be close 19.00 UTC, so Im not sure
I'm not entirely sure if I can make it, hoping to be there in time for the race at least.
will be there
-
(CARRERA GT) DELETED by CARRERA GT
We are about 15 minutes away from qualifying start. Password should be same as always :o
my experiences in todays race:

personal: DO NOT EVER TRY TO BURN FUEL, by trying so you just kill your engine... and there goes your race down the river... my car just worked like a potato after overreving it...

general: some drivers are way too overagressive during cautions... being the ping-pong ball by accelerating up and breaking down just makes someone nervous... and it makes you scared seing a car pulling alongside you during cautions.. at least I'm scared.
secondly try to stay calm. I got ninth with my dying car because many cars infront were just too impatient. patience is the goal to an oval race victory! Don't let it end up the Schekter/Hamilton way, or the Hunter-Reay/Conway way. Stay cool. It's a big thing to finish this 500miles even when you're not as competitive as you hope to be. It is simply a VERY LONG DISTANCE! And I also did it so judging from my fails in racing events it should be doable for you too... that's my perspective! So get some valerian (metaphor!!!) and drive the car round it!

... my view on it...

nice racing though...
Quote from TFalke55 :=general: some drivers are way too overagressive during cautions... being the ping-pong ball by accelerating up and breaking down just makes someone nervous... and it makes you scared seing a car pulling alongside you during cautions.. at least I'm scared.

Sorry, you were probably talking about me! Thats why I try to stay staggard, incase of quick braking.
I always feel that you have a responsibility to the cars behind you during a safety car parade. That's why quite often during the early stages of a yellow flag situation you will find a gap between the people immediately behind the safety car and myself.

Meanwhile I am collecting cars behind me and gently bring them up to the field.

I do not feel I am doing any favours to the car in front, my own tyres, or the people behind me if I get to the end of the line as quickly as possible and then jam on the brakes.

If I am behind somebody that is not keeping a fairly constant speed I'm going to keep my distance. I would rather have Deko shouting at me because I'm not close enough rather than risking unnecessary contact.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG