The online racing simulator
throttle blip on downshift
(13 posts, started )
Hello everybody, i'm new in LFS world i just bought recently S2.
I heard there is an option called "throttle blip on downshift" and I would like to turn it off, but I can not find any option at optins menu and also the command "/gcblip 0" doesn't work.
Can someone help me with that? I really want to get my skills improve.

*Sorry if I have some mistakes, it is not my first mother language*
#2 - STF
That option existed in older versions of the game, it is no longer present.

Make sure you download the latest version of LFS. (Z28)
I have the last release but I want the option turned off so I can improve my driving skills.. what can I do instead?
What is blip exactly?
Quote from OverProtected :I heard there is an option called "throttle blip on downshift"

It was removed.

Quote :I would like to turn it off

It isn't "on". There is no automatic blipping of throttle on downshift.

Quote :What is blip exactly?

It is the matching of revs to the gear you're changing down to. You're in 3rd @5000rpm, and want to shift to 2nd. This would bring the revs to 7500rpm. Instead of forcing the transmission to match a big difference in revs, you match it manually by giving the throttle pedal a decisive tap while the clutch is pushed down. Smoother, easier on the tranny.

http://www.edmunds.com/advice/ ... icles/119593/article.html
#7 - arco
Dunno why they removed it for ALL the cars. Could at least have left that option for some of the cars, like the GTR's.
Oh, blip is heel and toe technique o.k. I know how to use that!
Thanks a lot to everybody.
Quote from arco :Dunno why they removed it for ALL the cars. Could at least have left that option for some of the cars, like the GTR's.

Why is that? Do real GTR cars have auto-blip? Genuine question, not being sarcastic.
Quote from obsolum :Why is that? Do real GTR cars have auto-blip? Genuine question, not being sarcastic.

some do. i've seen videos on youtube where the guy shifts with his left foot, brakes with his right, and while he's downshifting, the gas pedal moves as he's using the clutch... i can't find the video now though because i don't know what it was called.

edit: found it.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1129761#post1129761
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAWgGFyB9pE#t=1m3s
Quote from obsolum :Why is that? Do real GTR cars have auto-blip? Genuine question, not being sarcastic.

GT1 and GT2 specifications prohibit the use of auto blip, along with traction control, auto lift and ABS, iirc.
Just go on track with FZR, use paddles for shifting, put auto-clutch on so you will be bothered only by the brake and gas pedal, blip (press / hit) the gas every time you downshift while braking.
Quote from Drift King CZ :Just go on track with FZR, use paddles for shifting, put auto-clutch on so you will be bothered only by the brake and gas pedal, blip (press / hit) the gas every time you downshift while braking.

:doh:

And that is exactly what's putting me off simracing.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG