The online racing simulator
Blackwood New pit exit
(73 posts, started )
It needs to fit the feel of the track itself though. Otherwise you could just have a teleport and say "well, they invented the technology, it doesn't need to make sense"
This isn't some state of the art f1 circuit, it isn't much more than a club circuit. A tunnel really wouldn't fit the atmostsphere.

Honestly, anything longer than the current pit lane is just ridiculous because you're practically running half a lap in the pits. Why not just have the pit entrance at the end of the long straight as well?
ok, here's an idea

what if the start/finish bit can go straight to the hairpin instead of going right down the hill then left into the breaking approach, then that way, the pit exit cam head straight onto the track before the chicane.
Attached images
LFS Blackwood Pit Exit.jpg
I like that one. If the pit lane is in the brake zone it could work. But it have to be close enough to the corner so it won't make a mayhem in front of the turn.
Quote from brandons48 :Don't forget the launchers and loop.

Seriously though, I think the exit should be extended round to the chicane, so people exit onto the straight

Nah, the chicane and following straight are the defining features of the track imo. Can't have them taken out. Coming out from a stop with full tank and cold tyres direct onto the straight seems like a cop-out to me

Either leave as is or join before T1.
Straight out where the end of the garages are now, may require garages moving back round the track a little more. Basically slightly before the rallycross pit exit, but even the rallycross exit would be better?
Quote from westfield bend :Straight out where the end of the garages are now, may require garages moving back round the track a little more. Basically slightly before the rallycross pit exit, but even the rallycross exit would be better?

No... There would be mayhem IMO...
Quote from HVS5b :Nah, the chicane and following straight are the defining features of the track imo. Can't have them taken out. Coming out from a stop with full tank and cold tyres direct onto the straight seems like a cop-out to me

Either leave as is or join before T1.

there are heaps of tracks in the world like that. Fern Bay and South City have those kind of pit exits. you expect all circuits to have an easy first corner.
Quote from westfield bend :Straight out where the end of the garages are now, may require garages moving back round the track a little more. Basically slightly before the rallycross pit exit, but even the rallycross exit would be better?

They need to gather up some speed before joining, otherwise yellow flag will appear.
I think that there should be a different pit exit because this one has been like that for a long time. Maybe make the pit exit shorter or longer onto the main straight. People want a change!
Move the exit to after the Chicane imo...
maybe a complete re-design?

EDIT: the new one in blue

you would enter the pits after the rallyx enterance for the gp track, and follow the track until after the chicane where you re-enter.

and stick to the same pits as the rallyx track is using right now. so 2 pits like aston? (is that even the right track :razz
Attached images
LFS Blackwood Pit Exit.jpg
<<Dunno how this sad smilie came here O.o
Quote from logitekg25 :maybe a complete re-design?

you would enter the pits after the rallyx enterance for the gp track, and follow the track until after the chicane where you re-enter.

and stick to the same pits as the rallyx track is using right now. so 2 pits like aston? (is that even the right track :razz

Your suggestion is the safest I've seen so far, but would be hard to create for Eric since all the pit stalls are bended.
Quote from logitekg25 :maybe a complete re-design?

lolz, where's the finish line then?
imo jus remove grass on outside of t1 put a wall all the way down (orange line shows)

have pit exit on the str8 as grass on outside is pointless :P

rubbish pic to explain

makes exit chicane more demandin as well

and then space for competitors to see the fast car rejoining
Attached images
blchange.png
i prefer breads suggestion more then the one in the OP

hehe thx but i jus figured... guy exitin pits would be faster than guy on track..

so maybe pit exit would follow chicane aswll so then roughly same speed on str8
@tomba why couldnt the finish still be where it is now? or are you refferring to how it isnt there in the picture (diddnt check, so idk if it is or not)
the idea for pit lane after chicane is near perfect, but the chicane is very slippy, and a lot of people spins at there... A car passing at high speed at side from a very dangerous place is bad... (at real life, i dont think who that chicane will exist, not at that place or not in that shape...)
Why not just change current main straight to pitlane and current pitlane to track?
Attached images
BL1.jpg
-
(Luttsy) DELETED by Luttsy
Quote from Fingeri :Why not just change current main straight to pitlane and current pitlane to track?

AWESOME IDEA!!
The rallycross can use this pitlane too and the main straight can be more safe and in a plane area
i like that idea. it will make it easier to use and should make for some good competetive racing.
Bumpity, this doesn't look half bad, not that the original one is bad either
Attached images
open barrier.png

Blackwood New pit exit
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG