The online racing simulator
Sapphire X1650 Pro
(20 posts, started )
Sapphire X1650 Pro
I have a small problem, i recently buy a new Ati x1650 Pro (Agp) 256/128, for my seccond pc

When i plug into the mobo, and connect the molex plug into the video card, and plug the monito into the video card, and hit the "Power" botton, monitor turns on, system start BUT, the system dont boot, is just display the video card name in the monitor And say "Sapphire X1650 Pro 256/128" and nothing more

Also, the boot sequence , dont start , just power the pc and only see the VC name, the fan spin, the strange is , at the first 5 secconds of hit power, the fan runs at high speed, and then the rpm come donw a loot and the fan spin slow (Not the same speed when i hit power)

So, is maybe problem of the video card?, Or the Psu ?, the psu is 400W generic brand, it might be the psu that dont have the "enough" power to supply the video car, Ati say for a full system load with the video card only needs 350W...

Another thing, when i un-plug the molex plug from the VC , the video card start but insted of show me the name of the video card (Like i say before), show artifact and nothing more.

Anyone have any suggestion or tip?

The "new" pc is a P4 3.6 HT Socket 478
2gig ram
180gb hdd
400w psu
Cd-CDR/w 52x
Ati Sapphire X1650 Pro ( Agp )
Windows Xp sp2

Buying a new psu of 550W whould fix the problem?
Try the following things:

-take out the video card and put it back in (maybe a bad connection or something)
-put the video card in another computer and see if it works

-make sure the motherboard has all the proper power cables plugged into it (the big one as well as the smaller ones)

What motherboard do you have?
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Try the following things:

-take out the video card and put it back in (maybe a bad connection or something)
-put the video card in another computer and see if it works

-make sure the motherboard has all the proper power cables plugged into it (the big one as well as the smaller ones)

What motherboard do you have?

ATm, i have only one pc available, the other is to far away

the mobo is a asrock p4vm800

Sorry for the bad quality of the pics

This is the video car

This is the Molex "male" from the vc

This is the Molex "Female" from the Psu

I`be tryed the stuff you told me,before, several times
Still nothing.

I`be tested recently again, and now there is no signal, the monitor just stand-by, and the system dont boot up. just keep the fans spining.

This not happens with the old video card.

plus, if i use the On-board vc with the "new Vc" plugged to the mobo, the system also dont boot up, and the monitor keep on Stand-by.

What are the Things that happens when the psu dont have the "power" to supply all the system or the video card?
pc dont boot (My case), Pc boots, but in windows the pc shut down without warning?, System freeze?

Edit 2
Bios up to date

Agp configuration in bios
Attached images
25-05-10_2059.jpg
25-05-10_2101.jpg
25-05-10_2102.jpg
25-05-10_2133.jpg
25-05-10_2134.jpg
Oh that's interesting, I didn't know you had an onboard video card as well. Have you tried disabling it? Can you set the default video card to the AGP one? And then put the new video card in the computer.

If the power supply doesn't supply enough power, the system will freeze, or not boot, or strange things will happen. So it might be your power supply that's causing these problems.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Oh that's interesting, I didn't know you had an onboard video card as well. Have you tried disabling it? Can you set the default video card to the AGP one? And then put the new video card in the computer.

If the power supply doesn't supply enough power, the system will freeze, or not boot, or strange things will happen. So it might be your power supply that's causing these problems.

I`be read in a forum this

generic source without any PFC has a typical efficiency of between 55-65%, ie they are wasting a lot of energy. A generic source of 400 watts can only really give out about 250W or 300W maximum. (Google translation), i think is my psu crap, i hope...

BTW, the on-board vc is auto disable when detect the agp slot is used, like now, i`m using a old radeon 9550 , the problem is the new x1650.

Any tips or suggestion is welcome, Thank you RS cobra
It must be your power supply then, try a new one.
Just to correct you, that isnt molex.
This is:

But I think it is the PSU
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Just to correct you, that isnt molex.
This is:
[IMG]http://www.sevenforums.com/attachments/hardware-devices/20187d1248738967-help-noob-buying-pc-parts-800px-molex_female_connector.jpg[/IMG*]

But I think it is the PSU

Yes yes, that the molex, i mistake with the floopy power plug.

In other forum they say my mobo is not compatible with the video card.

I have a asrock p4vm800, and didnt read anyting about incompatibility.
It should be compatible, my money is on the PSU.
Try disabling AGP Fast Write. I've had this issue before when I installed a newer video card, it didn't use Fast Write properly and would crash randomly.
Well, with the new psu, the vc still dont work...

Thanks for the help
Is your CPU overclocked?
And what PSU did you get?
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Is your CPU overclocked?

Yes it is oc , but i tested the vc with oc and without oc, and still nothing.

Quote from bmwe30m3 :And what PSU did you get?

One generic of 500W, but is 500W Reals (My bf test it). also 1 year of guaranty.
Is a Codegen.
Only thing I can think of is to set your BIOS to factory default settings (clear CMOS) and see if it works.
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Only thing I can think of is to set your BIOS to factory default settings (clear CMOS) and see if it works.

Already tryed that before, still nothing, but i`be returned the vc and get my money back
That's good to hear, it's too bad you went through so much hassle with it!
You could of tried to update the bios :P
Silly question, but have you checked the motherboard as well? My card has the extra power 2x2 block on it, but if I plug it in there it doesn't work. I need to plug it into the 2x2 block on the motherboard instead (beside the standard PSU input bar).

Failing that, there is the chance that the card itself is faulty. You said it was for your second PC. Try replacing the one you KNOW works with the new one. Try the new one in the working PC and see what happens.
First off i just need to say this: I have NEVER seen an AGP-card that needs external power :O

Second: How did it work out for u? =) a 400w psu should be more than enough for that card, if im not mistaken.. i have a 520w and powers an overclocked c2d w/ gtx260..

what im saying is this: that comp CANT need more than that, so it really have to be a faulty component (either psu or gfxcard), tho i really hope u get it to work mate

Sapphire X1650 Pro
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG