The online racing simulator
Blackwood New pit exit
(73 posts, started )
Quote from NunoMike :Why not remove the wall that nowadays separates the track and the acceleration lane and only put the nose-cones between it and "release" the pit-guys a bit after the brake-area for T1, making the track there a little wider?

Making them come out of T1 side-by-side. After T1 comes the chicane which is one of the worst places to be side-by-side at Blackwood.

@5Tag - your idea is ridiculous
As it is right now if you have a even half testicle you should be exiting as fast if not faster than those on track in most cars. I disticntly remember changing up earlier exiting the pits in FBM than when on a lap, don't have wheel now so can't check but.

Although, it is in a bad position if people are racing for position while someone rejoins. Maybe joining on the left of the straight but after the exit of the corner so any drivers coming along can easily pass rejoining drivers, although the rejioning car may infact be quite a bit faster.
#28 - 5tag
Quote from Lible :@5Tag - your idea is ridiculous

Yeah, thanks for the input!

Quote from SAxor :Maybe joining on the left of the straight but after the exit of the corner so any drivers coming along can easily pass rejoining drivers, although the rejioning car may infact be quite a bit faster.

The idea of the pit lane ending at the beginning of the straight is good but as mentioned it would far extend the awkwardly long pit exit it has even now.

The speed problem could be solved with a little chicane in the exit whereabout now there are the three barriers.
OT: I have a question about attached image from first post, where I can find mini maps for all tracks like this: BL.jpg.

Thanks.
IMO, the best and most exciting way to have it is to make it longer, passing the chicane. Like someone said, it would make it much more intense when someone is coming behind you with lot more speed! But I think devs have a lot more to deal with than the blackwood pit exit I've never had a crash on there, but it is really lil bit dangerous place..
Quote from Si Mclaren :I am a experient player, not only in LFS but in a lot of simulators, and wanna suggest: Why dont make a new pit lane exit? because it ends in a bad place, can make a lot of crashes, and i think if will better the pit lane ends before the hairpin or after the chicane, better if use a tunnel, like abu dhabi track?

Download lfs s1: http://www.lfs.net/?page=downloadsarchive

Try it out, it has the same pit exit as your other choise. The abu dhabi thing would be cool but not on BLGP. The pitlane is already very long as it is and having a tunnel past the chicane sure would make things interesting but the pitstops would take very long time, otherwise the chickane would be a perfect place to have the pits.

However in many leagues pit stop is mandatory and there it wouldnt matter if the pitlane is long, but in races where its not mandatory it would make you loose LOADS of time.. but then again so would any pitstop..
maybe move the start finish line to the back stretch
Attached images
800px-BL1.jpg
Quote from XZ24Racer :maybe move the start finish line to the back stretch

Yeah, indeed, all real life "known" track has a Straigth at the start/finish line, this one is so stupid, T1 is terrible for starts.
Lol if you place the start there i wont be alot better, speeds will be higher so u almost end up with the same
T1 = Death.
This is always true.
Quote from Dygear :T1 = Death.
This is always true.

Lol nice short explenation, well yea thats about it ^^

it will always be and stay a problem with atleast public races, good ones there ofcourse
The pitlane at straight looks good and not expensive, like FIA is doing at Donnington park, and all non-street tracks have anything like that, with the car exiting the pit accelerating to speed and giving drafting to help anyone in overtaking
Maybe, Not change it, and people get a sense of spatial awareness, so you dont barrel into someone, or someone crash into you. And use some common sense and all would be fine.
Unfortunately that's only in a perfect would.
Quote from Si Mclaren : like FIA is doing at Donnington park

that being donington (DVLL) which went bankrupt !?!?
could the exit be extended past the chicane? check image (sorry for the bad drawing, used paint to do it.)

I realise that it goes onto the racing line but the racing line goes slightly to the right along the straight
Attached images
LFS Blackwood Pit Exit.jpg
Not a bad idea. I quite like that spot to join, although I'd widen the track a little there for the end of the pit lane, so there's more space to gather speed and check your corners before you hit the racing line.

Nice bump though
I don't think it's a good idea.

You're trying to get cars to join where quite a number of drivers lose it coming out of the chicane.

And on a long race, where you have to pit for fuel, etc., it could penalise people who do less pit stops as they have the tricky (specially for me) chicane to get through, with more chance of mishaps.
It can't be any more dangerous than where the pit lane joins the track now! Assuming everyone driving properly, on the racing line and paying attention to their mirrors and sides (and ignoring mid-race joins), both drivers would be on a straight piece of road and the one coming out of the pits has a chance to at least get up to race speed before rejoining the traffic. The correct racing line would cross over a little way after the pit exit. The wall would need to be lengthened to make sure people didn't run wide to avoid the chicane, because grass wouldn't be enough.

The only problem I can see is that in order to get off the racing line, the pit-exiting driver would have to cross over the traffic, which could cause issues. Right now they're safe at the outside of the corner.
Needs to be longer - there's a risk of people coming out of Scirocco Curve holding up those entering the pit lane. I'm thinking maybe some kind of bridge would work there
that whole thing with the full lap exit and extra oval is stupid. i think we should just leave it as it is and everyone drives safely and are always aware of cars exiting the pit
Quote from Luttsy :could the exit be extended past the chicane? check image (sorry for the bad drawing, used paint to do it.)

I realise that it goes onto the racing line but the racing line goes slightly to the right along the straight

I think it is a bit odd that going to pitlane forces you to avoid half of the turns on the track... I have always thought that the shorter the pitlane is, the better
i think the tunnel will work, and coming back on the track after the chicane out of the way....so what if it doesnt "make sense" with the budget, its a game, and they dont have a budget for the track itself

Blackwood New pit exit
(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG