The online racing simulator
Okay I couldn't think of a joke comeback for that.

Logano's Dover flip/crash was the same basic slide. Anyways, Johnson's spotter should of warned him of the situation. I just couldn't understand why he couldn't see/know AJ was there.
Quote from PMD9409 :Okay I couldn't think of a joke comeback for that.

Logano's Dover flip/crash was the same basic slide. Anyways, Johnson's spotter should of warned him of the situation. I just couldn't understand why he couldn't see/know AJ was there.

Yeah honestly, sounds like a spotter error there, maybe it was a low visibility situation from his POV, maybe it looked like he would be clear by the time AJ went up the track, maybe he didn't even think he would go up the track. It's all "maybes" so we can't really blame anybody.
Yeah I'll just say it is a bit dark near the inside wall and spotter lost track of where AJ was.
#455 - AMB
I'm starting to get into Nascar, I usto have the mentality of 'oh they're going left, and left again and again' but obviously it requires skills for the speeds they reach, how close they are to eachother and walls, and basically putting the car onto the limit each lap, they must have great consistency to be able to do that lap after lap.
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah I'll just say it is a bit dark near the inside wall and spotter lost track of where AJ was.

And seeing as that incident happened AFTER the caution came out, the spotter was probably not on his toes , then had an oh-shit moment once he saw AJ.
Quote from SidiousX :And seeing as that incident happened AFTER the caution came out, the spotter was probably not on his toes , then had an oh-shit moment once he saw AJ.

Lets not get carried away now.

@AMB: Yeah consistency is the key really. Quite amazing how they can run the same laptimes for 10-15 laps in a row until the tires fall off and the times slowly drop gradually. Tire conservation also is a key. There's alot more to it than just turning left, some people understand that and some don't.
Quote from PMD9409 :Lets not get carried away now.

@AMB: Yeah consistency is the key really. Quite amazing how they can run the same laptimes for 10-15 laps in a row until the tires fall off and the times slowly drop gradually. Tire conservation also is a key. There's alot more to it than just turning left, some people understand that and some don't.

Yep, tired of my friends saying "oh, it's just a bunch of rednecks turning left for 900 laps." You really have to watch it to realize it's more than that. Seeing as the new generation of NASCAR drivers are young northern guys, or foreign.
Quote from AMB :I'm starting to get into Nascar, I usto have the mentality of 'oh they're going left, and left again and again' but obviously it requires skills for the speeds they reach, how close they are to eachother and walls, and basically putting the car onto the limit each lap, they must have great consistency to be able to do that lap after lap.

something i also thought until mid-08.
Something i thought untill i liked racing on oval on LFS =)
Quote from Mustafur :Something i thought untill i liked racing on oval on LFS =)

No way that is what made you watch NASCAR.
Quote from PMD9409 :No way that is what made you watch NASCAR.

No bs lol, this was the first realistic game i drove on the oval, then suddenly Nascar become intresting all of a sudden.
Damn, Brian Vickers is in the hospital, can't race this weekend, I guess I'll have to find somebody else to root for this weekend....
Red Bull gives you wings... and blood clots.
Man Jimmie slipping to 4th in the standings, good to see! I hate that Juan Pablo is having so much bad luck this year, now that he's pretty much out of the points race though maybe he can start going for broke and get a win on an oval.
Quote from UncleBenny :Man Jimmie slipping to 4th in the standings, good to see! I hate that Juan Pablo is having so much bad luck this year, now that he's pretty much out of the points race though maybe he can start going for broke and get a win on an oval.

I gave up on JPM, keeps making excuses for not winning.
Quote from SidiousX :I gave up on JPM, keeps making excuses for not winning.

Well, his trackbar breaks, clearly not his fault. In Tally he just didn't get a good push, finished 3rd. When he has chances to win its not like he makes all the mistakes. He either gets caught up in a wreck, crazy GWD, or the car just wasn't a winning car that day.

Haven't really seen something that is clearly his fault.

Same with both Jeffs, just poor luck.
First all-star race I've seen. Not been the best, thought it would be more eventful.
They don't seem to aggressive at the beginning just because they want to be around for the end. Now it is the last 10 laps, expect some action.
Can I get 2 hours of my life back?
Yeah it wasn't exactly what I was hoping for.
Soooo.....uhhh....according to iRacing facebook and i quote:

"So, who else heard the rumor about F1 driver Mark Webber driving the 83 Red Bull cup car at Infineon? How cool would that be?"

Quote from lizardfolk :"So, who else heard the rumor about F1 driver Mark Webber driving the 83 Red Bull cup car at Infineon?

The answer to that question is probably: "Nobody".
Sucks that he's out for the rest of the year, guess I have to find somebody else to like until 2011.
Quote from autosport.com :
Two-time DTM champion Mattias Ekstrom will test for Red Bull Racing Team at the Virginia International Raceway road course today.

Fresh from his first DTM win of the season, which he claimed at Valencia last weekend, the Swede is set to provide support to the team ahead of the first road course event of the year, which takes place next month at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California.

The 31-year-old, who has been backed by Red Bull for the past nine years, will make his maiden NASCAR outing in the #83 car, which was usually driven by Brian Vickers, now sidelined for the rest of the season due to a treatment he currently undergoes to dissolve blood clots discovered on him.

"It's no secret that the NASCAR series fascinates me," said Ekstrom, who will test alongside the team's regular driver Scott Speed. "It's been a long-harbored dream of mine to drive such a car."

Casey Mears has been drafted in place of Vickers for the past few weeks, but speaking at Charlotte Motor Speedway last weekend, the team's vice president and general manager Jay Frye said it has still to be determined whether he would fill in for the remainder of the year.

Ekstrom's DTM schedule wouldn't hamper the Swede from eventually racing for the team at Sonoma on June 20th. Due to Vickers' stepping out, the team's focus has now shifted from the drivers' standing to the car owners ranking, which is not affected by different drivers racing the #83 entry.

For now, Frye expects Ekström's tin-top experience to help prepare the team for next month's road course event.

"With Brian Vickers sidelined for the rest of the season, we needed a road-racing expert to help prepare the #83 for Sonoma," said Frye. "We appreciate Mattias' willingness to help out and we look forward to his insight."

Ekstrom, who has competed in the World Rally Championship also, has won the International Race of Champions three times and he currently ranks second in the DTM standings.

Recently, sports car racer Jan Magnussen also tested for Hendrick Motorsports to help the team with its road course development program.

Webber out, TK in

Interesting....We may yet see a Swede and a Dane in NASCAR. I wonder how badly the announcers will butcher his name?

2010 NASCAR Talk
(735 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG