The online racing simulator
Sensational Save by joz(Arrow.)
(31 posts, started )
have a geez at the big fella just gettin his okeefe on at phillip island in commodore cup, over 90 degrees sideways and keeps her goin the ol girl. what a sly sly geezer.

be sure to have some tissues at the ready, ur gonna froth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-T9bBHl5F8

#2 - amp88
Nice save
Very naice.
jozzak4 that is tasty IMO
Looks great. Sometimes just the same thing happens right there in LFS.
Erm, didn't look that great. He ended up on the grass and lost a lot of places. The fact the car ended up pointing in the right direction looked more to do with pure luck than any skill. The Plato and Muller ones are pure skill though (with only a minority of luck) - look at the finesse and timing of the steering inputs.

Sorry to not find the original that good.
#8 - bbman
Quote from tristancliffe :The Plato and Muller ones are pure skill though (with only a minority of luck) - look at the finesse and timing of the steering inputs.

Eh? Since when does flooring it and letting the FWD pull the car out of the slide has anything to do with skill?
Quote from tristancliffe :Erm, didn't look that great. He ended up on the grass and lost a lot of places. The fact the car ended up pointing in the right direction looked more to do with pure luck than any skill. The Plato and Muller ones are pure skill though (with only a minority of luck) - look at the finesse and timing of the steering inputs.

Sorry to not find the original that good.

Quite frankly I don't see how those saves in FWD cars are half of what Josh did there. Sure he went in the grass alittle bit, and sure he lost a couple positions because he lost all his momentum, but he saved 90+ degree drift at a very fast portion of the track and kept his car clean doing it.

We don't enter your threads and say how your races take no skill because you are racing slower cars, so no need to try and ruin this one.
#10 - 5haz
Quote from PMD9409 :We don't enter your threads and say how your races take no skill because you are racing slower cars, so no need to try and ruin this one.

Without yet watching the video, someone posting a thread needs to be open to any opinions by others- it makes a forum. Then there are the possibilities of bringing facts into play as well. Now I will go watch the video when I get home, but if people can't handle someone stating their opinion on things what is the world (or maybe it is just this/other forums?) coming to?
Quote from blackbird04217 :Without yet watching the video, someone posting a thread needs to be open to any opinions by others- it makes a forum. Then there are the possibilities of bringing facts into play as well. Now I will go watch the video when I get home, but if people can't handle someone stating their opinion on things what is the world (or maybe it is just this/other forums?) coming to?

It's called irony.
Well done Josh!
Quote from bbman :Eh? Since when does flooring it and letting the FWD pull the car out of the slide has anything to do with skill?

Agree'd, Take away there ability to use the throttle to correct those slides and i'm sure their skill will show then....

Not that Josh is more skillfull or anything, but getting such a big lump of a car like that so sideways and correcting it is still impressive, no matter how lucky.
Quote from bbman :Eh? Since when does flooring it and letting the FWD pull the car out of the slide has anything to do with skill?

I can ask you the same question then .Since when does braking and turning the opposite direction have anything to do with skill? It's the first thing you do when that happens :P

I raced both cars, FWD and RWD. For sure FWD saves are more hard and against nature. So i have to agree with tristan on this one.

And i also agree that this aint that special. But for sure i acquires ( english :P ) skill! Good job josh
Quote from NickC :

I raced both cars, FWD and RWD. For sure FWD saves are more hard and against nature. So i have to agree with tristan on this one.

FWD is harder than RWD and also harder to recover, what the hell...?
I guess he meant RWD but wrote FWD. I may be wrong, though.
No really,

FWD saves are really difficult. For sure you just put the power down, but thats way more unnatural then lifting and steering.

And not only unnatural, it's difficult to feel when you should stop countersteering or to start countersteering.

Maybe its just personal but i prefer to get a big oversteer in rwd then in fwd :P!
I'd imagine Nick is right, as it's so counter-intuitive to start slamming the throttle on when you get into a slide.
Not that I'm the greatest sim racer ever or the best race car driver period...but here's my 2 cents.

I think Nick's right too. Driving basically RWDs all my sim racing life...every time i step into a FWD car (which is very VERY rare) I keep forgetting that when I'm about to spin out I have to floor it. So I sometimes (out of habit) brake and thus the FWD just snaps around. Even when I push into my mind that I am driving a FWD I still forget to floor it each time I get out of shape.

While a RWD is theoretically harder to save. A FWD is logically simple to save but is sometimes very very hard to execute due to it being so counter intuitive.
Quote from NickC :No really,

FWD saves are really difficult. For sure you just put the power down, but thats way more unnatural then lifting and steering.

And not only unnatural, it's difficult to feel when you should stop countersteering or to start countersteering.

Maybe its just personal but i prefer to get a big oversteer in rwd then in fwd :P!

It's not that unintuitive if you're accustomed to driving FWDs. The biggest danger is not anticipating the loss of grip at the front once you've recovered rear-tyre traction.
Well knowing the limits of the car is one thing a race driver should always know, you should know you are in a FWD and use that instinct, you are constantly reminded through the whole lap that it is a FWD car by the way it handles, if you forget that by the time things get sideways then I think you should rethink your career. Also agree with BBMan, sideways action in a FWD car is pretty far from pure skill. Though I'm guessing Tristan was joking.
to me its a nice save

good job
Quote from BlueFlame :Well knowing the limits of the car is one thing a race driver should always know, you should know you are in a FWD and use that instinct, you are constantly reminded through the whole lap that it is a FWD car by the way it handles, if you forget that by the time things get sideways then I think you should rethink your career. Also agree with BBMan, sideways action in a FWD car is pretty far from pure skill. Though I'm guessing Tristan was joking.

Yeah i have to agree on the forgetting part, but i disagree on the " sideways action ... pretty far from pure skill "

It depends for sure, but i've seen some saves in a FWD that are alot harder then most saves in RWD.

Go look at a racingcourse for beginners, if a FWD car gets oversteer it will end up in tears most of the time!
But on the other hand, i can remember some saves from last time i was in SPA.

It's so damn hard to correct when you're almost flatout in eau rouge and with the difference in height aswell.

Maybe i would prefer a FWD when my car steps out there

So i lets just say. It depends on the moment, it's both just damn hard!

(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG