The online racing simulator
Live For Speed Hot Pursuit Mod
(81 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Spudster :ok lemme have ago:

1. it is impossible for little kids not to be scared of michael jackson

2. it is impossible for george bush to string together an intelligable sentence

3. it is impossible winston churchill and adolf hitler to be reincarneted, get married, have seven children, adolf eats the sun, and then they both die (again) from eating my toenails.

this proves my point http://www.killsometime.com/Video/video.asp?ID=430

you have to watch this, before anyone decides to remove the link just watch it an you'll see the funniest thing ever!!!!!!!

i wonder if i am the first person to quote myself on this forum....
#77 - Gunn
It is impossible for this topic to continue this way.

Just for the record:
LFS 3D Models have their own native format which is not compatible with convential 3D authoring software and can not be edited by such. The 3D renders you see in the community are made possible by converting from CMX meshes (which were made available by the devs) to a popular format such as may be used in 3D Studio Max etc. CMX is not the native format used in LFS it is just a format that we can use to view the cars in the CMX Viewer (a utility to aid skin-making which allows you to view your skins on the cars without launching the entire game).
There is a very good reason why we can't edit 3D models and inject them back into LFS: The Developers don't want us to. When LFS is completed there may be a chance that custom content like this can be added, but I wouldn't bet my house on it.

The types of mods that are currently accepted and approved meet certain criteria that is acceptable to the devs. The devs do not want cars or tracks to be edited or replaced or custom public content like that to be used, and certainly not while LFS isn't even a completed project yet.

They do not accept any mods that might allow a form of online cheating or unfair advantage to occur. This affects hotlapping replays too. In any serious racing sim or game fairness and equity is imperitive or else there's no confidence in the product at all.

To keep it all very simple, you can't edit current cars or track models and you can not inject new car and track models into this simulator software. You can not use mods that allow cars to perform outside of their default limits in the online environment nor in hotlapping mode. Such mods as LFS Tweak (allowing you to experiment with performance limits) are currently tolerated (not officially supported) but there is no certainty that mods like this will be allowed indefinitely.

The developers obviously don't want Live For Speed to be modded six ways from Sunday when they haven't yet finished developing and implementing their own content. Quite understandable and I think we can all respect that.

Please understand though that the developers DO recognise the popularity of game modding and DO recognise the value of some types of mods for increasing the shelf life of a given game title. They know that customisation adds appeal and value for many gamers these days. They aren't anti-modding, they're just focusing on making an online racing simulator like no other before it.

There are perhaps three main reasons why modding is popular.
- Some people are hungry for more or new content.
- Some people like to make their own mark by creating or customising content.
- Additional features may be useful or desirable to some people.

Currently we can't really add more content or features (except for some offline mods) but each major patch or version update we recieve contains more of the good stuff from the devs anyway. In many ways it is good that LFS is still being developed.
We can make our own mark on LFS by customising skins and many other textures.
The devs listen to suggestions and ideas from our community and from racing professionals and look to the real world to decide what features are possible and relevant for a race sim.

Whatever shape LFS takes in regards to modding in the future, I think it is safe to say that the fundamental and most important things about a race sim are being taken care of and the type of customisation that the devs are likely to support will not be detrimental to the LFS that they envision.
oh.. and to add onto spudster's list.. Lance Armstrong will never understand french lol

after the tour last year "viva la tour.. er.. whatever.."
This thread diverted off topic long ago. Please REFRAIN from adding any more posts of a political/antagonistic/spam nature.
Thanks
What a nice idea, i wonder why nobody ever taught about that....

That reminds me a thread from Oblivion forums, where a guy was talking about some secret dragon riding, if you delete all your save games, and then jump off a cliff (then a dragon will catch you), others said, YES, it exists and you can even get cool powers, when done that, the first guy tried, and...
No I'm sorry, that counts as useless O/T Spam. Well done.
This thread is closed

Live For Speed Hot Pursuit Mod
(81 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG